By Aleena Hussain
Ever aspired about studying in the same country as the Eiffel Tower?
If not then think now!
Why not read below the complete guide to Study Abroad in France for Pakistani Students.
Introduction to France
Ahead of Pakistan by 4 hours, France is situated in central Europe.
The hub of fashion and culture, France is not only a subtle vision of the colonial times but encompasses the latest trends in teaching methodologies and offers a worldwide recognised curriculum.
France has been rated by the QS World Rankings at 6th place for the top study abroad destination in 2017.
Affluent with fashion, music, arts, cuisines and people of all trades and classes, France is one of the most culturally diverse places on Earth and a dream destination for many.
Education Abroad France
France operates and holds over 3,500 higher educational institutions of which about 83 universities are publicly sponsored.
Although the major preferences for courses in France are fashion and Fine Arts. Pakistani students are also drawn to this intellectual nucleus with numerous scholarships offered in Social Sciences, Architecture and Business studies.
Related: Study In the Australia For Pakistani Students
Other than this, various universities offer a wide range of courses ranging from film and global communication studies, creative and culinary arts, medicine, commerce, information technology, International economics, finance and tourism classes.
The most commonly preferred institutions to apply in by Pakistani students are:
- Ecole Normale Supérieure
- Ecole Polytechnique (ParisTech)
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Centrale Supélec
Along with your necessary academic transcripts and records, you need to provide an English language proficiency certificate like TOEFL or IELTS (as per each university requirement).
Jobs and Graduation in France
You can apply for a residence permit in France and secure jobs with it without having to obtain an extra work permit.
This will help you cover your expenses during your stay in France. As students, you will get coordinating, staffing and assisting jobs with good wages.
The minimum wage rate in France is around 9.67 EURO per hour which is substantial for a student. Students are permitted to work for about 20 hours a week.
You will need to sign a contract of a year that allows international students to work from September 1st to August 31st all year round.
You will be permitted to work from September 1st to June 30th for about 670 hours and from July 1st to August 30th for about 300 hours.
Approximately 964 hours of paid work a year.
If you plan on studying in the culturally rich country of France then you should expand your horizon a bit also!
You can stay up to a year after graduation here and can apply for paid jobs relevant to your degree. You can do this by gaining the employee status on your performance.
To further amplify your career and lifestyle prospects, you can apply for permanent residency or citizenship if you want.
Study Visa Application for France
Soon as you get the Offer/Acceptance Letter from your desired university, you have to apply for the study visa of France i.e., VLS-TS.
It takes about 3 months to process and you may get your visa approval within 1 to 60 days of application.
You can apply and register an appointment with the French Embassy in Pakistan through their official website.
Bring along all your required documents for this meeting. You will have to provide biometric identifications (fingerprints, pictures etc).
Related: Study In the Belgium For Pakistani Students
Prepare yourself for a call to the preliminary interview for determining your eligibility for the French study visa.
The approximate application processing fee for a study visa in France is around 99 EUR.
Requirements for French Study Visa Application
- You will have to show that you are capable enough to take care of your expenses for your French study trip. Therefore, a bank statement depicting a balance of 615 EUR is to be presented.
- You do not require any kind of medical health insurance proof.
- You do not need any kind of proof to indicate your English language abilities for visa application.
- You also do not need to establish any kind of Restricted Bank Account that allows you to withdraw specific amounts of money when in France.
Why Study in France?
International students, especially from Pakistan flock to this antique nation due to its many tasteful facilities and grandeur.
- The French government has been made such policies to garner more international students that if your visa application is rejected by the French Embassy, you can counterattack by appealing against this refusal.
- The French administration has set up a Campus France Agency which works tirelessly to promote and boost the services of French higher education in foreign states.
- France has established an extensive close-knit connection with the rest of Europe through its massive airports, rail and ferry services.
- To promote higher education in France, the French government has relaxed the admission application policies, meaning that you can apply in over 20 French universities with a solo admission application.
- Did you know that about 55% of international students select France for higher education due to its high-quality educational programs?
Cost of Education and Living in France
Just like the rich culture and taste of France, the cost of tuition of higher education in France is a bit higher than in Pakistan.
The education charges vary from university to university, for a bachelor’s program, the typical expense is between 6,000 to 12,000 EURO per year for a public institute.
For a master’s program, a public university charges around 8,000 to 20,000 EURO per year.
The estimated cost of living per month amounts to 430 EURO. This covers your accommodation, food, entertainment and utility bills.
Private accommodation is much more expensive than living in hostels or flat sharing. Likewise, it is recommended to cook for yourself rather than dining out. If you are on a budget.
However, all of this is worth it if you gain your degree with flying colours.
It paves your way to a great career and lifestyle by having a degree of higher education from France!
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!