Introduction to Pakistan Army:
Pakistan Army is the world’s first best Army. It is the backbone of the country’s safeguard, land warfare and the Armed Forces Structure of Pakistan. It was formed on 14th August 1947 with the independence of Pakistan. Pakistan Army celebrates its annual anniversary on 6th September known as ‘Defence Day’, every year.
It defines its role through its motto that is “Strive for Faith, Piety, and Struggle For the sake of God”. The General Headquarters GHQ resides in Rawalpindi. Pak Army has a total of 550,000 active-duty personnel; 500,000 reserve personnel, 185,000 National Guard, 6500 Civilian Personnel and 318 manned aircraft. Pakistan Army is the world’s 6th largest army.
Pakistan Army opens its inductions every year (twice) for the desirous candidates to get themselves enrolled in the combat and other services of the Army. One of the best ways to join the Pakistan Army is through the Short Service Commission SSC as a Psychologist and in the Education Corps.
Psychologists in Pakistan Army
To apply in Pakistan Army as Psychologists, the candidate should have a valid license to practice with a doctoral degree of Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology. But before that, a four years Bachelor’s degree in Psychology is a must. Pakistan Army recruits officers through several type of commissions i.e. Regular Commission, Short Service Commission SSC, Short Service Regular Commission and Soldier Recruitment.
These psychologists are like traditional Psychologists who join Pakistan Army through Short Service Commission SSC as Captains. SSC has different eligibility criteria for its categories as it honors it’s candidates with a short training period at PMA and with an officer rank, Captain. They examine, evaluate, diagnose and treat army personnel, their families, army soldiers and veterans.
Minimum height should be 5 feet and 4 inches or 162.5 cms
- Weight:- As per body mass index
- Should be Pakistani or Domicile holders of Gilgit Baltistan.
Candidates having dual nationalities will surrender Nationality other than Pakistani.
Candidates having work experience of a minimum of 2- 3 years are preferable.
|Category||Age||Gender||Qualification||University||Marks/ CGPA||Marital status|
|Psychologist||28||Male||• M.A. or MSc Psychology with minimum 2nd Division• MS/ MPhil or PhD (preferable)||• Any HEC or PEC recognized university• Foreign students studied from HEC recognized university||• Minimum CGPA must be 3 out of 4• Minimum marks should be 65% in annual system||• Married or unmarried|
|Army Education Corps (AEC)Mathematics,Political science, Geography, Physics, History, Chemistry, Islamic Studies, Arabic, English||28||Male||• M.A. MSc or BS in the respective field with minimum 2nd Division• MS/ MPhil or PhD (preferable)||• Any HEC or PEC recognized university• Foreign students studied from HEC recognized university||•Minimum CGPA must be 2.5 out of 4• Minimum marks should be 60% in annual system||• Married or unmarried|
- Candidates who have 3rd Division or D grade and only one 2nd Division or C grade throughout the academic career will not be entertained.
- Candidates who earned MA/ MSc degree as a private student are not eligible.
- Only candidates who did MA in Islamic Studies/ Islamiyat from a private institution are eligible.
- Twice rejected from ISSB/ GHQ selection board. If candidates have higher education, they may be granted a third chance.
- Discharged/ withdrawn/ resigned/ dismissed from Army/ Navy/ Airforce (Armed Forces) for violating discipline, failure in academics/ military subjects, medical inefficiency, weak profile or other ground.
- Convicted from the court of law for any impropriety
- Candidates who are declared medically unfit by CMH/ Appeal Medical Board.
- Candidates declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C.
- Tested within 4 months/ 120 days gap from the previous ISSB appearance.
How to Apply as a Psychologist in the Pakistan Army?
(I) Through the Internet:
- Candidates can apply online and get registered for the Entry test by visiting the official website of Pak Army i.e. www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk.
- Candidates must have an e- mail account to get notified regarding the latest updates about their test (time and date etc.)
- Candidates must be able to operate and run the basic computer programs.
- Candidates will appear at the test centers with computerized roll number slip.
- Tests will be conducted on the computer.
- Test date will not be changed.
- Candidates will bring their documents and prospectus fee on the test day.
(II) Registration at Army Selection & Recruitment Centres AS&RCS:
- Candidates can reach out to the AS&RCS of their nearest or respective city with the following document and registration fee.
- AS&RCs are located in the major cities of Pakistan that are Lahore, Quetta, Karachi, Peshawar, Multan, Hyderabad, Rawalpindi and Gilgit.
- Candidates have to bring the original documents and photocopies at the time of registration as well as test.
- The registration and brochure fee is PKR 100/-
What are the Required Documents for Registration in Pakistan Army as a Psychologist?
- Original and 2 attested photocopies of marks sheet or certificates of every educational degree (Matric, Intermediate, Bachelors, Masters etc.)
- Serving candidates of Government Institutes or Departments will submit NOC of the concerned establishment.
- Attested copy of Domicile
- Photocopies of CNIC
- 6 duly attested passport size recent photographs (front & back)
- Crossed postal order of PKR 100/- in favour of Director General Personnel Administration DGPA, GHQ Rawalpindi.
Further Process for Final Selection:
Candidates will undergo the following processes to reach the final selection in Pakistan Army as Psychologist:-
- Online Registration / Registration at AS&RC
- Appearance in Preliminary Test (e – test). Written and intelligence tests will be based on MCQs.
- Successful candidates will appear in Initial medical Examination
- Candidates will undergo physical tests
|Running||1.6 km distance in 9 minutes|
|Push ups||10 reps in 2 minutes|
|Chin ups||2 reps in 2 minutes|
|Sit ups||10 reps in 2 minutes|
- Issuance of call letters to short listed candidates for ISSB. Information will also be uploaded on the official website.
- ISSB tests at Kohat/ Gujranwala/ Malir/ Quetta
- Detailed Medical Screening at Combined Military Hospital CMH of the successful ISSB candidates in Quetta, Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Peshawar and Multan.
- Final Selection on merit and overall performance at GHQ Rawalpindi
- Candidates will go through the training period of 6 months at PMA.
Signature of Bond:
Finally selected candidates will sign a bond to serve Pakistan Army for 7 years. This bond will be signed after completion of a training period of 6 months at PMA, Kakul.
The official website for more details:- www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk
For queries, email at:- Webmaster@joinpakarmy.gov.pk
For ISSB updates:- www.issb.com.pk
We truly hope that this article helped you in gaining the required information on How to join the Pak Army as a Psychologist or Captain of the Short Service Commission SSC in the Education Corps.