Do you know?
Work is a scalar quantity, not a vector quantity. It means it has no direction, only a magnitude unlike force and velocity
All the chapters of 9th Class Physics have been uploaded here on Top Study World if you want to download the KIPS notes with ease in one place.
Previously: Chapter 5: Gravitational (9th Class KIPS Notes)
Do you belong to Federal Board, Lahore Board, Faisalabad Board, Rawalpindi Board, Sargodha Board, Wah Board? Then these notes are helpful.
|Click to Download the PDF of Ch# 5|
Title: Work and Energy
Chapter: 6th Chapter of 9th Class Physics
FileSize: 4.37 MB
Table of Content – Quick Links
Kips Academy is one of the leading institutes of Pakistan which offers quality education to the students. Moreover, this institute has been providing education for almost thirty years. It is a notable and reputed institute with branches all over the country.
The mission of Kips Academy is to make students future ready. The vision of this institute is to make students future leaders. The motto of Kips Academy is “Knowledge Is Power”. This is because knowledge gives power to lead in every field.
A good thing about Kips Academy is that it always looks for betterment and improvement in every field of education. This institute always focuses on introducing new teaching methods, new technologies, and modern learning techniques. In this way, this institute is continuously making progress and improvement in every field.
Kips is a huge step forwar towards your bright future. It is the place where you can make your dreams come true. The faculties here are highly qualified and experienced and provide the best education to their students.
Students who want to prepare themselves in a very good way and want to secure their future should join Kips Institute of Education.
Most of the students get admission in College/Universities abroad through SAT, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS etc.
All these courses are offered at Kips Academy. Kips Academy has excellence in providing quality education to their students.
- Define work and its unit.
- Define Energy and write down its unit.
- Define kinetic energy and give at least one example.
- Define Potential Energy and give examples.
- Define Gravitational Potential Energy and give at least one example.
- Define Efficiency.
- What do you know about the Ideal machine?
- Can we say that practical systems can be 100% efficient?
- Define Power. Write down its unit and define it.
- Do we do any work when we lift a load from the Earth to some height?
- How much power is used by a 40 kg athlete by climbing 10 m high ladder in l0s?
- Give some examples of energies used in our body?
- How much work is done when a body moves with uniform velocity?
- Define work. Derive its mathematical formula.
- Define kinetic energy and derive its mathematical formula.
- Define Gravitational Potential Energy and derive its mathematical formula.
- Explain different Forms of Energy.
- Explain interconversion of Energy.
- Explain Major Sources of Energy.
- Explain Renewable Energy Sources.
- Explain Solar House Heating.
- What are the future hopes of the world about energy?
- Explain Mass – Energy Equation.
- Explain the electricity from fossil fuels with block diagram.
- Explain the effect of consumptiQn of Energy on Environment.
- Draw the Flow Diagram Of An Energy Converter.
- What is Efficiency? Explain the ideal machine and practical systems.
- What is Power’? Write down its unit and define it.
KIPS TEXTBOOK EXERCISE OF CH# 5 FOR 9TH CLASS PHYSICS
MCQs of Textbook
- The work done will be zero when the angle between force and distance is:
- lf the direction of motion of the force is perpendicular to the direction of motion of the body, then work done will be:
- If the velocity of a body becomes double, then its kinetic energy will:
- The work done in lifting a brick of mass 2 kg through· a height of 5 m above the ground will be:
- That kinetic energy of a body of mass 2 kg is 25 J. Its speed is:
- Which one of the following converts light energy into electrical .energy?
- When a body is lifted through a height ‘b’, the work done on it appears in the form of its:
- The energy stored in coal is:
- The energy stored in a dam is:
- In Einstein’s mass-energy equation, c is the
- Rate of doing work is called
- Define work. What is its SI unit
- When does a force do work’ Explain?
- Why do we need energy’?
- Deline energy; give two types of mechanical energy.
- Define K. E and drive its relation
- Define potential energy and drive its relation.
- Why fossils fuels are called non-renewable form energy?
- Which form of energy is most preferred and why?
- How is energy converted from one form to another? Explain.
- Name the five devices that convert electrical energy into mechanical energy.
- Name a device that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy
- What is meant by the efficiency of a system?
- How can you find the efficiency of a system?
- What is meant by the term power?
- Define watt.
- A man has pulled a cart through 35 m applying a force of 300 N. Find the work done by the man.
- A block weighing 20 N is lifted 6 m verticaJly upward. Calculate the potential energy stored in it.
- A car weighing 12 kN has the speed of 20 ms-1. Find its kinetic energy stored in it.
- A 500 g stone is thrown up.with a velocity of 15 ms. Find its.
- On reaching the top of a slope 6 m high from its bottom, a cyclist has a speed of 1.5 ms-1• Find the kinetic energy and the potential ·energy of the cyclist. The mass of the cyclist and his bicycle is 40 kg.
- A motor boat moves at a steady speed of 4 ms. Water resistance acting on it, 4000. Calculate the power of its engine.
- A man pulls a block with a force of 300 N through 50 min 60 s. Find the power used by him to pull the block.
- A 50 kg man moved 25 steps up in 20 seconds. Find his power, if each step is 16 cm high.
- Calculate the power of a pump which can lift 200 kg of water through a height of (1 m in 10 seconds.
- An electric motor of 1 hp is used to run the water pump. The water pump takes 10 minutes to fill an overhead tank. The tank has a capacity of 800 liters and height of 15 m. Find the actual work done by the electric motor to fill the tank. Also, find the efficiency of the system.