You can get any of your degree or transcript verified and attested from HEC by following these simple steps.
HEC has made degree attestation and verification easy by generating an online degree attestation system. Yes, the old system is gone.
The following images will help you get a better understanding of what we are trying to convey to you.
Do not get confused about the verification and attestation of the degree. The same procedure is followed for both purposes.
You can say that verification of your degree is a plus point and a free service while applying for degree attestation from HEC.
Get your degree(s) verified and attested online through a secure online attestation system in the following ways. It takes minimum of ten 10 days when documents are sent through courier service.
- Registration and Creation of the account
- Filling information in profile and uploading scanned educational documents
- Filling the online application form
- Submit an online application
- Initial Online Scrutiny of online application
- Scheduling of Date and Time for Attestation
- Submission of documents for attestation (through self visit or any authorized person)
- Collection of attested degree
- Application tracking
As simple as they sound, let’s follow each step in detail for better understanding. Stay with us until the end of the article.
1. REGISTRATION AND CREATION OF ACCOUNT ON E-PORTAL
Enter the following URL link http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
You will be asked by the system to log in or register yourself. After you register/ log in, you will be automatically directed to HEC Higher Education Commission Welcome page.
What to do next?
Do not worry, we have covered you.
You have to create your account for which you will have to choose your Nationality (Pakistani/ foreign).
If you are a Pakistani applicant, then choose your nationality as PAKISTANI and enter your CNIC along with your region. If otherwise, select your country of nationality and add a User ID and Password.
Provide your contact number and press SEND CODE and enter the received code through TEXT/ SMS and press VERIFY NUMBER.
In case you face any difficulty getting verification through mobile number or email, then contact the HEC contact center through the number given on the official site.
For you convenience, here is the HEC Call Centre number:-
0334- 111- 9432
2. FILLING INFORMATION IN PROFILE AND UPLOADING SCANNED EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS
When you log in, you will appear on the DASHBOARD. It will have two sections for different functions:-
|My Applications||It shows the status of application such as saved, submitted, in process, attested or rejected|
|My Tasks||It shows tasks which are on pending by the applicants such as revise the application form or application scheduling|
To fill in your profile by providing personal information, contact details, and educational details, go to MY PROFILE through the left navigation panel on DASHBOARD.
You will upload your CNIC copy or PASSPORT (if you have foreign nationality) in your personal details. And upload scanned copies of degrees and transcripts (for attestation) in the Education tab.
Details for Ph.D. Applicants
If you are a Ph.D. Applicant then you have to follow a two-stepped Ph.D. Country Directory (PCD) verification process. The simplest two steps are as follows:-
- Navigate to Ph.D. COUNTRY DIRECTORY from Dashboard
- Provide your CNIC and Email and the system will search your data in HEC PCD database
- In case, your data is not found, then you will be asked to add PCD Serial number which you can get from HEC PCD page.
- You have to fill in data verification form so that your data can be pre-populated based on your CNIC, Email or PCD Serial Number
- After verification of your record, you will be let through subsequent attestation
For uploading of documents, use visible scanned copies of educational documents which are required,
back and the front side of CNIC or Passport (for foreign applicants)
passport size photograph.
The scanned documents’ size must not exceed 500kb.
After uploading. Click on SAVE AND CLOSE.
4. FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
To access the application form, click on ACCREDITATION AND ATTESTATION from the menu bar, then click APPLICATION FORM from Degree Attestation System.
Fill in the various tabs to complete your online attestation application form.
For your information, the new online application system is linked with PQR Pakistan Qualification Register.
In case, your provided information regarding degree/ program can be not fetched by the system, you cannot proceed further until your data is populated. Contact your institution’s focal person to enter the same in PQR. For your reference, PQR is also available on HEC website.
You can attest four types of documents e.g. New Degree Attestation, Duplicate Attestation, Supplementary Attestation and Update an Attested Degree.
- New Degree Attestation:- If your degree has not been previously attested, then choose this option. In case, you have attested your transcript or provisional degree before, you can still choose this option. Your profile will show the degree(s) which have not been attested before.
In case, you previously got your degree verified through old system i.e. March, 2009- May, 2017, you can still choose this option. This is because the previous system was not linked with PQR and it is a one-step process that verifies your data and then proceeds it further.
- Duplicate Attestation:- Choose this option if you have lost your already attested degree. You must bring Police FIR and Newspaper advertisement. It is necessary to bring a complete newspaper.
- Supplementary Attestation:- If you want to attest the copies of your degrees i.e. degree photocopy, transcripts etc., then choose this option. For this, you must have an attested degree. Your profile will show degree(s) that have been attested before.
- Update an Attested Degree:- If you have an attested degree but due to some reasons, it has been updated then select this option. Your profile will show degree(s) that have been attested before
After you have uploaded the documents, enter NUMBER OF PAGES OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS or NUMBER OF PAGES OF PHOTOCOPY DOCUMENTS for one document type. The total amount will be calculated upon a number of pages and amount per page and will be shown at the bottom of the grid. Note that the attestation fee of each original document is PKR 800 and each photocopy of the document is PKR 500.
Next, you have to select the region from where you want to get the documents attested i.e. Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Quetta and Peshawar. The selected HEC center will not be changed.
Then, select a checkbox against undertaking text.
4. SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION:-
Click on SUBMIT after completion of the online application form and uploading documents. A message about the successful submission of your application at HEC for initial scrutiny along with application ID will pop up.
5. INITIAL ONLINE SCRUTINY OF ONLINE APPLICATION
After submission of the online application, the documents are scrutinized by HEC. The scrutiny is successful if the documents are complete according to the attestation SOP’s and the application is approved.
The applicant may be asked to upload some other documents depending upon the examination/ scrutiny. The applicants will be notified via Email or SMS. The applicant needs to log in to eportal.hec.gov.pk to complete the task in MY TASK section.
6. SCHEDULING OF DATE AND TIME FOR ATTESTATION
The applicant will be notified about the successful scrutiny and will be contacted through Email or SMS for scheduling the visit.
The applicant can either himself visit selected HEC center or an authorized person can do so by bringing all the documents and a copy of Bank Challan and application form on the scheduled day. If he fails to do so, he can reschedule the meeting.
The applicant can also submit documents through Courier service by sending all original documents, copies of CNIC or educational documents, print out of application form and attestation fee. The applicant will receive a receipt by Courier Company and he will upload the same on HEC online application form to prove that he has handed over the documents to the Courier Company. It will take a minimum of 10 working days after the applicant’s case is received by HEC.
7. SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS FOR ATTESTATION (THROUGH SELF VISIT OR ANY AUTHORIZED PERSON)
Drop your relevant original documents with copies of CNIC or educational documents and print out of application form at attestation windows. Then, submit the fee at the bank counter within HEC premises.
8. COLLECTION OF ATTESTED DEGREE
Collect your attested documents from the window when your name is announced.
9. APPLICATION TRACKING:
You can select the application and click on VIEW ATTESTATION DETAILS. Once you click, the section will open.
You can click on the download button if you want to download zip folders of documents. Also, you can view comments on your tasks or download the Bank Challan form and application form as every step is displayed.