Written by: Mohammad Abdullah Humayun In this article, you will know:
- What is Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Jobs of DPT in Pakistan
- Salary of Physiotherapist in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is DPT and What Do Physiotherapists Do?
DPT stands for Doctor of Physical Therapy. DPT is a five-year program in Pakistan.
Physiotherapy is a subfield of medicine and health sciences. It is concerned with the rehabilitation of those people who have been handicapped as a result of an accident, trauma, operation, old age,any congenital or acquired disease or a fracture and injury especially those where muscles tendons and bones have come at the ground zero.
A physiotherapist’s work involves restoring a normal muscle strength, muscle movement, improving the degree of joint mobilization and if we talk about an esteemed one, one of his biggest jobs is to provide rehabilitation especially to a patient who has accepted his disability in his life.
Hence, patient’s counseling is also an essential aspect. These patients usually suffer from depression and low self-esteem.
To restore their healthy body function, it is vital to motivate them and give them emotional support so that they feel confident enough about themselves.
A career in physiotherapy usually starts with F.Sc pre-medical. After that any aspirant of a profession in which he wants to dedicate his knowledge not only to seek earnings but also to serve humanity by getting them their cure and counselling one can either go for an MBBS or Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
So students with qualities like empathy and concern for the poorly abled persons should opt this field as it suits their aptitude. This kind of behaviour is also desired for this profession, where if your urge is for the money only it can become a hindrance in your genuine doctorhood.
Interest in the physiology of the human body is also vital.Because it will be one of the major subjects that will prevail for quite a long, round about a timespan of more than 2 years either in the case of DPT or MBBS.
Physiotherapists usually work in hospital settings or private clinics. They are also part of rehabilitation institutes. Sometimes they are also employed by nursing homes and old homes also.
What Are the Required Skills in Physiotherapy?
Interest in social work is vital for this field. Ability to rapidly build good reputations with people is also necessary.If you possess humble behaviour and have great patience you can ace your job.
People who have a friendly demeanor and good socializing qualities are very suitable for this work. Sound knowledge in the field of anatomy, biology and physiology is also required.
If you have a good knowledge and a keen understanding of your subjects, you can become a master in your field. This is because sensitivity of our patents ailment demands that it should be treated with a compact sufficiency of understanding.
Physiotherapists have to work with people who are often uncooperative, so patience is a prerequisite.
Good coordination skills also come in handy because often physiotherapists are part of a large program involving physicians, surgeons, nursing staff, paramedics, etc.
And do you know 77% of Employers Not Happy with the Quality of Pakistani Graduates
These are the skills that are lacking in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Verbal communication is used to express oneself through the use of spoken words. It involves the sharing of information between people. Whether shared is factual or opinionated. Verbal communication aids in the understanding of the receiver which in turn enhances the relationship between sender and receiver.
- Effective verbal communication allows one to get his or her point across without causing unnecessary conflict amongst his or her peers. It also allows one to see things from another perspective.
- Verbal Communication is the process of sending information through the medium of words. A lot of information can be communicated through this form of communication as it allows us to deliver a lot of information in a very short span of time.
- We can use verbal communication while talking to someone face-to-face, on the phone or through video conferencing. The communication through words is divided into two different types, namely, oral and written communication. However, both these forms have their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Physiotherapy?
- Orthopedic Physiotherapist:
- Geriatric Physiotherapists :
- Pediatric Physiotherapists:
- Occupational Physiotherapists:
For example, a driver who has suffered some injury of hand muscles has to undergo physiotherapy before he is able to work again.
- Sports Physiotherapists:
What Are the Important Points To Be a Physiotherapist?
- Social work
What are Physiotherapist Salaries in Pakistan?
You can find DPT jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Physiotherapy Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in DPT?
|1. Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Pims||Islamabad|
|2. Jinnah Sindh Medical University||Karachi|
|3. University Of Karachi||Karachi|
|4. University Of Sialkot||Sialkot|
|5. Foundation University||Islamabad|
|6. Bahria University Medical &Dental College||Karachi|
|7. Indus University||Karachi|
|8. Iqra University [kch]||Karachi|
|9. Metropolitan University Karachi||Karachi|
|10. Nazir Hussain University||Karachi|
|11. Hajvery University||Lahore|
|12. Nur International University||Lahore|
|13. Abasyn University||Peshawar|
|14. Cecos University Of Information Tech. &Emerging Sciences||Peshawar|
|15. City University Of Science &Information Technology||Peshawar|
|16. Iqra National University||Peshawar|
|17. Riphah International University||Faisalabad|
|18. Riphah International University ( Rawalpindi Campus )||Rawalpindi|
|19. The University Of Lahore, Sub Campus||Sargodha|
|20. Pakistan Institute Of Medical Sciences||Islamabad|
You can search for other universities in Pakistan. How?
Just Google, and you will find.
What is the Trend of Physiotherapy in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂
With 8 years of experience, Our staff team has a passion for creating engaging and informative pieces that inform and educate the Top study world’s audience.