In this article, you will know:
- What is Biochemistry
- It’s a fascinating, ever-changing field with applications in nearly every other academic discipline. Biochemistry touches on many different aspects of biology, from molecular genetics to evolution, and it crosses over into chemistry, physics and mathematics as well.
- Biochemistry is the study of the chemicals that make up living organisms. Biochemists use the knowledge gained from research to provide solutions to issues such as deadly diseases, malnutrition, and more.
- It involves studying the various chemicals and compounds that make up cells and their interactions with each other and with their environment. Biochemistry can be used to learn more about genetic disorders, environmental pollutants, and the therapeutic effects of drugs.
- Biochemistry has a number of uses in the medical world: for example, biochemists are responsible for synthesizing drugs for treating a variety of conditions. They can also study the way disease affects an organism’s biochemistry in order to help prevent or treat it. Additionally, biochemistry plays an important role in environmental science. The way organisms interact with their surroundings greatly depends on the types of chemicals present within those surroundings—biochemists can help ensure that harmful elements are removed from the environment, or that appropriate elements are added if they’re missing.
- Jobs of Biochemistry in Pakistan
- Salary of Biochemist in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
And much more.
- What is Biochemistry.
- Required Skills for Biochemistry.
- Branches of Biochemistry.
- Important Points
- Biochemistry Jobs in Pakistan.
- Salary of Biochemist in Pakistan
- Admissions in Biochemistry in Pakistan
- Trend of Biochemistry.
What is Biochemistry and What Do Biochemist Do?
Biochemistry has multiple applications in all the fields related to biology, for example, the food industry, livestock industry, drug industry, botany, etc.
They work in close association with experts in these fields. Hence it is a versatile field having an abundance of growth opportunities.
With the right attitude and hard work, the doors of success will always be open. Anyone having an interest in agriculture, botany, food, and nutrition can pursue this field.
Biochemists study chemical processes in living organisms.
For example, metabolism in humans photosynthesis in plants, etc. Fermentation by yeasts and bacteria also come in this category.
This enables them to design products which are beneficial for humans. In agriculture, biochemists are involved in studying crop dynamics to obtain the maximum yield.
This can only be done after studying in detail the characteristics of soil in that particular area, quality of water, availability of nutrients, etc.
All of these things come under the domain of a biochemist. In the food industry biochemists are working for the production of food items, which are the result of metabolic processes carried out by different microorganisms.
For example, yogurt. Biochemists work to ensure proper quality of these products and detection of any adulteration if present.
This field can opt after Fsc Pre Medical or A levels with biology. After that graduate degree in biochemistry is offered by many reputable institutes.
Masters or Ph.D. in this field will accelerate your growth curve immensely. Individuals with a qualification in biochemistry can also opt for a teaching career.
What Are the Required Skills in Biochemistry?
Excellent analytical skills, sound knowledge of research methodology, an aptitude for the field, and research work will help you greatly in prospering in this field.
If you have opted for a teaching career, you must have excellent presentation skills and a confident personality.
Knowledge of agricultural techniques and agricultural processes will also benefit you greatly.
And do you know 77% of Employers Not Happy with the Quality of Pakistani Graduates
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Biochemistry?
- Food Analyst:
They are tasked with quality assurance of food products and detection of any adulteration. There is a growing demand for these individuals, both in the public and private sector.
Their job is to improve agricultural produce by studying conditions that hamper this process. Study of climate, soil characteristics, water, etc. all come under their domain. They are employed by government institutes as well as private farms.
Their job is to conduct research and propose guidelines for the agriculture industry, food industry, drug industry, etc. Their research is published in national and international journals. These individuals are sometimes employed by the government for recommendations regarding agriculture policies.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Biochemistry?
You should select Biochemistry if you have interests in the following things:
- Natural sciences
- Veterinary medicine
- Nutrition etc
- Academic Requirement:
Fsc pre medical followed by a graduate degree in biochemistry. Ph.D. and Mphil are preferable.
- Working Hours:
Biochemists usually work during office hours. Individuals working for private firms would have to adhere to their policies.
- Place of work:
They usually work in labs. For food quality assurance they have to visit food outlets, eateries, factories, etc. Agrochemists are closely related to farms, and field visits are frequent.
Food analysts have to face violence sometimes. Agrochemists are exposed to dangerous chemicals, and accidental exposure can be hazardous. Care must be taken in this regard.
What are the Biochemist Salaries in Pakistan?
The average Biochemist salary in Pakistan is PKR 320,352 per year or PKR 26,696 per month. Entry level positions start at PKR 26,000 per month while most experienced workers make up to PKR 110,000 per month.
You can find Biochemistry Jobs in Pakistan from
Here is the sector-wise salary in Pakistan, data taken from LUMS Prospectus that is a prestigious university in Pakistan.
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Biochemistry Jobs in Pakistan?
When you type the Biochemistry’s jobs in Pakistan, you can also write your city name instead of Pakistan to find the posts.
Go to Tool>Select Past Week. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
You can also use Google Image that is a handy tool for finding jobs.
You can search the jobs in your city or province, and you can conclude either you should select this field or not based on the jobs available.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Biochemistry?
These are the universities that are offering Biochemistry in Pakistan.
|1. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|2. Government College Women University||Faisalabad|
|3. Quaid-e-Azam University||Islamabad|
|4. University Of Sindh||Jamshoro|
|5. Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science &Technology, Karachi||Karachi|
|6. University Of Karachi||Karachi|
|7. Shah Abdul Latif University||Khair Pur|
|8. Kinnaird College For Women||Lahore|
|9. University Of The Punjab||Lahore|
|10. University Of Veterinary And Animal Sciences||Lahore|
|11. Hazara University||Mansehra|
|12. Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan||Mardan|
|13. Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan||Multan|
|14. The Women University||Multan|
|15. Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University||Peshawar|
|16. Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University||Quetta|
|17. University Of Balochistan||Quetta|
|18. Khawaja Fareed University Of Engineering &Information Technology||Rahim Yar Khan|
|19. Pir Mahar Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University||Rawalpindi|
|20. University Of Sialkot||Sialkot|
To find the Biochemistry department of any university, just type Biochemistry + university name like
Moreover, you can call them.
What is the Trend of Biochemistry in Pakistan?
Google has created a fantastic tool called Google Trend that shows the searches being done by the people living in the country or city.
I am searching do people search biochemist in Pakistan? If so, which province or city.
Here you can see it all.
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!