How To Apply For Examination Of Additional Subjects In FBISE (Guide)

Do you want to appear for the additional subjects in FBISE?

May be for Mathematics so that you can apply for Pre-Engineering.

Maybe Biology you want to apply for the Pre-Medical

Before jumping into the steps, you need to read the FBISE rules.


  1. If a candidate has passed his/her HSSC examination or an examination equivalent to it, he/she may appear in the additional subject (s) which were not offered by him previously (in previous examinations).
  2. A candidate can appear in one additional subject after one year of passing his/her HSSC-II examination. The additional subject should not require practical examination such as Mathematics (in the current course).
  3. If a candidate has passed in a foreign agency examination, which has been declared by IBCC to be equivalent to SSC/ HSSC, he may appear in the first available opportunity in the additional subject (s) which will be required in admission to a higher class in the first available opportunity.
  4. A candidate who has passed the additional subject (s) examination will only be issued a certificate and this will have no effect on his/her grades as this examination will not be considered as additional marks or improvement of marks/grades.
  5. A candidate who fails the additional subjects in the first attempt will not be allowed to have a 2nd attempt.
  6. A candidate who wants to appear in the first available opportunity may appear in Pakistan Studies and Islamiat as the additional subject (s).
  7. A candidate may qualify his examination without any restriction of a number of opportunities/attempts if he is allowed to appear in the additional subject(s) by IBCC.
  8. If the candidate did not appear in the additional subject (s) examination but submitted the admission form, he may appear in the next chance.


The following steps you need to take:

Step 1

Go to FBISE official website.

Step 2

Go to this link of FBISE admission, and click the link that says ADDITIONAL

Step 3

Download the PDF, print it out, and fill it. It looks like this

Step 4:

Look at the fees for the additional subjects

Step 5:

Now you need to fill the challan form. For generating a challan form to this link. If you are homepage, then click “Bank Challan & Fee Info“, then Click “Challan Form for SSC” and “Challan Form for HSSC” Click depending on your class.

Step 6:

Then fill the form with your name and the fees. Select Change of Subject. For fees info, you need to scroll down. Click Generate Form. If you scroll down, you can see the fees nature also.

Step 4

It will be downloaded in the form of PDF. You need to download and print it. If you don’t have the printer, save the file on your USB drive, and go to any photostat shop, he will help.

Step 5

Bring the Challan form, and go to any nearest HBL branch in your area. Handover the form, they will do the rest provided you pay them Rs. 2600🙂 You can also use Google Map to find the nearest HBL.

Step 6

Make sure you read the following instructions written in the additional subject forms:

  • The Board shall not be responsible for any eventual mistake in the result if the form is not correctly filled in.
  • Copy of HSSC Result Card must be attached with the Admission Form.
  • The Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination shall be open to a private candidate
  • Who is a resident of territorial jurisdiction of FBISE and they got admission form attested by a Govt. Officer of BPS-17 & above in Education Department / Armed Forces.
  • Photograph and the admission form both should be attested by one and the same attesting authority
  • Equivalence letter/permission letter must be attached with the admission form in case of IBCC.
  • In any subject (both the papers) involving practical examination shall appear in the practical examination as well. However, candidate neither requires nor can appear in practical if he/she appears in a paper of a subject or any one part of the examination. There is only one chance for improvement of marks/grade
  • Challan Form Deposited in HBL must be attached.

Step 7:

Go to your college or school, they will send the above documents to the FBISE head office or you can send yourself via TCS:

Federal Board of Intermediate and

Secondary Education Sector H-8/4,

Islamabad, PAKISTAN.

P.O. BOX NO. (1365)

Important Note: You can take the additional subject (s) exams with the supplementary or annual exams. If you fail it, you will NOT be given a second chance. I suggest you should take with the annual exams next year if you want to get good marks otherwise it is all up to you.

For any question, ask below. We will be happy to respond.