Studying in Romania can be a great opportunity for Pakistani students looking to pursue higher education.
Introduction to Romania
This wonderful country is situated in Central or SouthEast of Europe.
In the European Union, Romania is the 9th largest country by area.
It shares its borders with Bulgaria, Hungary, Serbia, Ukraine, and the Republic of Moldova.
Pakistan is 2 hours ahead of Romania. The currency of Romania is Romanian Lei.
The vast Black Sea connects Romania from the South-East. It has a population of more than 20 million people.
The capital city of Romania is Bucharest where about 10% of the entire population of Romania lives.
Did you know Bucharest was once called “Paris of the East“?
Romania occupies a distinctive position on the global map where it links the Eastern and Western world. This makes Romania the hub for trade and economics.
Moreover, the rich and affluent culture, hotspot of tourism, historical monuments, ancient sites, the largest salt mines, high mountains, and beaches make Romania a perfect destination for study abroad.
Education in Romania
The education system of Romania follows bilingual additions to increase the chance of employability for the students.
The Bologna system is followed by the Romanian higher education system. This is the standardization of education in Europe of the degree programs of Bachelor (3 years), Masters (2 years), and Doctoral degree (3 years).
The Romania higher education system also follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Through this scheme, students can transfer some of their course credits to study in other European universities.
If you are proficient in other languages than English you can also study in languages of French, German, Hungarian, and Romanian.
You have to provide an English language proficiency test certificate of IELTS or TOEFL (if applicable).
There are two semesters in one academic year in Romania:
- Spring Semester (March to July)
- Autumn Semester (October to mid-February)
Each semester is around 14 weeks long with 24 to 28 hours of class time per week.
Fields and Institutions Pakistani Students Apply in Romania
Pakistani students generally tend to apply in the below top accredited higher education institutions of Romania:-
- University of Bucharest
- University of Iasi
- University of POLITEHNICA of Bucharest (UPB)
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University
- West University of Timisoara
- Transylvania University of Brasov
Get Free Study Abroad Consultation
In Romania, the majority of the Pakistani Students apply in domains of below for higher educational degree:
- Business Administration
- Arts and Film making courses
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Management Sciences
- Finance and Marketing
Study Visa for Romania for Pakistani Students
You have to apply for a student study visa to study abroad in Romania. The visa application processing fee is around $80 (subject to change).
You can apply for it once you receive your Acceptance/Offer Letter from the Romanian University and the approval from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport in Romania.
It takes about 2 months to process and approve your study visa for Romania.
You have to apply at the Romanian Embassy or Romanian Diplomatic Missions Abroad (consulate).
Documents Required for Romania Study Visa
- Valid travel documents [passport and airline ticket to Romania worth 85 PKR (subject to change)]
- Acceptance Letter from the Ministry of Education of Romania and the Romanian University
- Proof one-year tuition fee submission
- Proof of Bank Statement indicating 2,000 to 2,500 Euros for your expenses of the entire trip
- Health insurance certificate
- Marriage certificate (if married)
- Legal Certificate (indicating your clear criminal record)
Job Opportunities in Romania
International students belonging to non-European countries are allowed to work 4 hours a day for a wage of approximately 2,700 RON per month.
If you think you can manage your studies and want to work more part-time hours, then you require a formal work permit.
This work permit along with a residency permit can be obtained by registering yourself in the nearest Romanian Immigration Office on arrival.
|Residence Permit fee||240 lei (RON)|
|The registration fee for Residence Permit||3 lei (RON)|
|Extension of Residence Permit||120 EURO|
Learning and speaking in the fluent Romanian language, increases your employment opportunities and rates.
You can work part-time with good pay in call centers, gas stations, restaurants, sales jobs in shopping malls, IT departments, work as paid interns in offices, etc.
After graduating from the Romanian university, you can apply for Permanent Residency and Citizenship to expand your professional career chances.
Living and Tuition Expenses of Study in Romania
The tuition fee of a degree in Romania estimates around RON 14,000 to RON 30,000 for a year.
The accommodation expenses per month in Romania for Pakistani students are:
- As a paying guest (100-150 Euros)
- Apartment sharing or renting (150-300)
- On-campus dormitory (60 Euros)
On average, your monthly expenses will be around RON 1,400 to RON 3,300. This estimated cost covers your rent, food expenditure, travel price, and utility bills.
The estimated division of monthly expenses is given below:-
|Medical insurance||€ 10|
|Books and other menial expenditures||€100|
Note: If you are below the age of 26, then your medical insurance bill is covered within your tuition fee.
Why Study in Romania for Pakistani Students?
There are several reasons why Pakistani students should consider studying in Romania:
- Quality education: Romania has a long history of providing high-quality education. The country has a number of top-ranked universities and institutions that offer programs in various fields of study, such as medicine, engineering, business, and arts.
- Affordable tuition fees: The tuition fees in Romanian universities are relatively lower compared to other European countries. Pakistani students can save a lot of money on tuition fees by studying in Romania.
- Scholarships and financial aid: Many universities in Romania offer scholarships and financial aid to international students, including Pakistani students. These opportunities can help alleviate the financial burden of studying abroad.
- Multicultural environment: Studying in Romania can expose Pakistani students to a multicultural environment, which can help broaden their perspectives and enhance their cultural understanding.
- Career opportunities: Romania is home to several multinational companies, which can provide Pakistani students with career opportunities after graduation. The country is also a member of the European Union, which can open doors to job opportunities across the EU.
- Affordable living costs: The cost of living in Romania is relatively lower compared to other European countries. Pakistani students can save money on accommodation, food, and other living expenses.