Studying abroad in the Czech Republic can be a great opportunity for Pakistani students.
If you are looking for an affordable yet high-quality education institute, there are great universities situated in the Czech Republic.
About the Czech Republic:
The Czech Republic offers foreign students a high-quality education along with great living accommodation. The universities in the Czech Republic have earned global acclamation due to the diversity in English taught courses and programs in the universities and effective research-based education.
Moreover, Czech Republic accommodates and shelters a variety of multinational companies which owe to its developed economy.
Other than this, there is a great availability of post-graduate work opportunities for foreign students. The country is known for its historical ambiance, libraries, castles, museums, and buildings which enhance the beauty of the Czech Republic.
The Czech Republic hosts approximately 40,000 students every year coming from different countries in the world.
Czech Republic Top Universities
|Czech Technical University in Prague||Prague||601-650|
|Palacky University Olomouc||Olomouc||751-800|
|University of Ostrava||Ostrava||801-1000|
Admissions in the Czech Republic Universities for Pakistani Students
- There is no exemption on the merit of admissions for international students based on their nationalities.
- The tuition fee will have to be paid fully which will differ with every degree program in the Czech Republic.
- If you know the Czech language, you can study for free with the Czech taught courses.
- The tuition fee per year can range from 1000 to 15000 US dollars for English taught courses.
- To apply for a certain university, you will need to apply online directly at the preferred university’s website.
- You will receive the required documents and important information via email.
- Translation of all the documents into the Czech Language is compulsory when applying to the Czech Republic.
- You will have to submit IELTS and TOEFL result along with other documents as it is a must for English taught courses.
- Other documents required for admission will be result transcripts, letter of intent, and recommendation letters.
Students Visa of Czech Republic Procedure for Pakistani Students
- Students belonging to the EU and EEA are exempted from having a student visa if they want to study in some university in the Czech Republic. However, non-EU students require a student visa to study and stay in the Czech Republic.
- You can start the student visa process once the university sends you a letter of acceptance after your admission is done.
- You are supposed to visit the Czech embassy in your home country for all the details and information about the visa procedure.
- The whole process starts at approx. 2-3 months before your classes are scheduled in the university.
- You will have to provide IELTS, TOEFL certificate to prove language proficiency along with other documents such as:
- Your national passport should be valid till your duration of the study degree program in the country
- Your recent passport-sized, colored photographs,
- All the verified documents, bank statement, receipt of paid tuition fee, receipt of paid accommodation rent and
- Last but not the least, a clearance letter from a local police station near your residence proving you don’t have any criminal record and you are in no way a culprit of any immoral or indecent behavior.
Part-Time Work in the Czech Republic for Pakistani Students
- You can work in the country while continuing your studies for 10 to 30 hours a week. It must be noted that the university you are studying in should be accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and the Sports Czech Republic.
- If it isn’t accredited then you might have to get an employment card. This employment card is valid for 2 years.
- Those students who are studying in accredited universities by the above-mentioned departments can use their student permits as their employment permits too. The only difference would be that the employer will have to report this to the regional office of local employment services about this contract as soon as you start working under them.
- The part-time jobs available can be of many kinds including:
- Language tuition
- Uber Driving
- Internships in Multinational Companies
- Pet Care
- Free Lancing and many more
- You can also get tour guide jobs in summer/winter vacation when the peak time for tourists in high in the Czech Republic. This comes with high pay per day.
Post-Graduation Work Opportunities in the Czech Republic for Pakistani Students
With a very less time span, Czech Republic has advanced its economy with a very low unemployment rate. Multinational companies such as Hyundai, ŠKODA AUTO, Siemens, ABB, and Honeywell are just a few names out of a lot of successful ones.
Foreign students can easily get internships according to their academic performance in these and many more multinational companies. This may increase their chances of acquiring a permanent job too by the end of their degree program.
Many people opt for the Czech Republic because of the immense post-graduation offers and the fact that student permits can change to employment permits based on an employment contract.
Finding accommodation in the Czech Republic can be a challenge, especially in popular university cities like Prague or Brno. Here are some options for accommodation that you may consider:
- On-Campus Housing: Many universities in the Czech Republic offer on-campus housing for students, usually in the form of dormitories or student residences. These options can be affordable and convenient, but the availability can be limited, and the demand is high.
- Private Apartments: Students can also opt for renting private apartments, either alone or with roommates. Websites such as Sreality.cz or Bezrealitky.cz can help you find a suitable apartment. Rent prices can vary depending on the location, size, and amenities.
- Hostels: Hostels are budget-friendly options for short-term stays. They offer shared dormitory-style rooms or private rooms. Hostels are a good option if you are only staying for a few days or weeks.
- Homestays: Homestays provide a unique cultural experience where you live with a local family. This option can be ideal if you want to improve your language skills and immerse yourself in the local culture.
Study Cost and Living Cost for International Students in the Czech Republic
Living and study costs are inexpensive as compared to other states. A student can spend up to 350-750 USD a month out of which a dorm room may cost 150 USD whereas private accommodation will cost around 250 USD. If a student works part-time, he/she can easily spend and save some money too.
Czech Republic universities tuition fee ranges around 10,000 to 15,000 USD per year. The good thing is that if you have a Student Identity Card (ISIC), you will be able to get a discount on public transportation, eating places, cafes and restaurants, and even cinemas’ entry fees.
If you have resided in the country for 5 consecutive years on adding a study time period along with the working period, you can apply for permanent residency. People having permanent residency in the Czech Republic can travel to other Schengen states without a visa.
Also, they possess all the rights and privileges that a normal Citizen of the Czech may possess except for the right to vote.
This residence permit will be valid for another 5 years and after that, the person may apply for citizenship. For PR of the country, you will be required to provide the employment contract, accommodation proof, monthly payment receipts, and a clearance letter from the local police station. Your valid passport along with a Bank statement will be required which will serve as proof that you can afford your living expenses whilst living in the country.
Value of Czech Visa:
If you own a Czech visa, it opens many doors to numerous career opportunities even with having a student permit or a work permit. Not only can you work in the country itself with that permit but also you can work in different countries and states post-graduation if you have a Czech visa and there is a guarantee that it will add an edge and the chances of your selection for the job will be high.