By Zaryab Ahmed
Are you looking for a good foreign to the country to proceed with your studies? Then, you have come to the right place!
I know how tiring and hard it can be when you have a lot on your mind regarding your career, studies, jobs and so much more. On top of that, you don’t have the right resources in order to figure out what to choose for yourself.
If you are looking for an affordable but well renowned foreign university then you can surely look into residing in Singapore as it comes with a lot of assistance for students with great experiences of its own.
A Look into Singapore:
Singapore is a small Asian Island which came into the map as a country in 1965. It is known as “Asia’s Economic Tigers” and has now become the world’s commercial hub. The interesting thing about Singapore is that it is both a country and an island.
Singapore as a Study Abroad Destination for Pakistani Students 2020:
- Singapore has become one of the best Asian study destinations in favour of Pakistani students.
- This country offers most of the up to date courses in multiple disciplines.
- In Singapore, most of the top-ranked universities are present which render the latest academic course at a very affordable rate.
- Singapore National University is ranked the 15th best university in the world with National Technological University (NTU) following NUS, according to the QS ranking.
- Along with this, a lot of International institutions have opened up campuses in Singapore to cater to the Asian Population.
- There are a lot of degrees being offered in Singapore but Engineering Sciences and Business Management are the top picked ones in Singapore.
- The universities in Singapore are also known to offer polytechnic courses and diplomas.
- Every degree which is being offered in Singapore like undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate come with full-fledged research and modern facilities provided to the students.
Financial Assistance for International Students:
- The best thing about the Singaporean Government is that it has facilitated overseas students by offering them effective tuition Grant Scheme.
- This Grant Scheme allows International students to apply in Singaporean Universities and they can apply for the Grant on the basis that they should at least serve for 3 years in any Singaporean company once they are finished with their studies.
- Along with this Grant Scheme, Singaporean universities also offer students loans and scholarships programs to International Students who cannot afford the expensive cost of tertiary education at Singaporean higher education institutes.
Jobs Available for Pakistani Students:
Pakistani students can easily find part-time jobs to work whilst studying their respective degrees. The thing is that Students are allowed to work during limited hours as set by the Singaporean Government. When these students graduate, they can also hunt for full-time jobs for themselves.
The best thing is that eligible candidates who are interested in settling over there can get a full-time job along with a long-term work permit which can open paths for permanent residency in Singapore. This can obviously lead to Singaporean Citizenship, and the student can settle there permanently if need to.
Benefits of Living in Singapore:
- As the country is located at the tip of the Malay Peninsula so the tropical climate can be enjoyed while living there.
- Singapore’s tropical climate is the main reason that attracts tourists from all over the world and there are a lot of foreign investors too.
- Singapore is known as a safe, clean and green country which also serves the country as a favourite and a popular tourist spot whether for vacations or for studying there.
- There is a whole network of easily accessible, fast and efficient subway and train systems which provide easy yet feasible transport to the public.
- Visitors can easily access all the tourist spots and locations with the public transport in Singapore which makes it a very great option for vacation and living there.
Singapore’s Multicultural Destination:
People from all around the globe with different castes, creeds, religions, tribes, ethnic backgrounds, races are present and residing in Singapore. However, the top population belongs to China. In fact, Chinese comprises more than 75% of Singapore’s population following Malays and Indians as the next dominant population.
The entire population of Singapore lives in modern apartments as the infrastructure is great over there. Singapore’s average per capita income is over US$12000 which makes this city-state one of the best study abroad destinations as it offers diverse employment opportunities.
Languages and Religion in Singapore:
There is a diverse array of languages which are spoken in Singapore. Some of the languages spoken and understood in Singapore are English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil Arabic and Chinese.
Another great thing about the diversity of people is that a lot of religions are practised and people with different faiths are welcome including Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists who can freely pursue the obligations and duties of their religion with ease.
Art, Culture, Festivals and Entertainment in Singapore:
As there is a diverse population residing in Singapore, there are many different customs and traditions you can see in Singapore. Singapore caters to a lot of tourists yearly so some of the tourist favourite locations and spots include Singapore zoo, orchard road, Marina bay roads with many others.
The theatre in Singapore is well flourished too which is another famous spot as the Singapore dance theatre is globally acclaimed.
Throughout the country, a lot of festivals are celebrated among which Thaipusam is famous. This festival is an alternative to the popular Thanksgiving on the American and European side.
Life in Singapore comes with a lot of shades and colours which makes it a really bright and lively experience for locals as well as visitors in the country whether they may be students or tourists. People who want to choose Singapore as their study destination are guaranteed to experience all of this in the best of ways.
They also may get many life experiences which would be like no other whilst living and studying in this lively yet wonderful island.