If you are looking for an affordable but well renowned foreign university then you can surely look into residing in Singapore as it comes with a lot of assistance for students with great experiences of its own.
A Look into Singapore:
Singapore is a small Asian Island which came into the map as a country in 1965. It is known as “Asia’s Economic Tigers” and has now become the world’s commercial hub. The interesting thing about Singapore is that it is both a country and an island.
Famous Singapore Universities
|National University of Singapore (NUS)||Kent Ridge||11|
|Nanyang Technological University (NTU)||Jurong West||12|
|Singapore Management University (SMU)||Bras Basah||511-520|
|Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)||Changi||651-700|
Singapore as a Study Abroad Destination for Pakistani Students
- Singapore has become one of the best Asian study destinations in favour of Pakistani students.
- This country offers most of the up to date courses in multiple disciplines.
- In Singapore, most of the top-ranked universities are present which render the latest academic course at a very affordable rate.
- Singapore National University is ranked the 15th best university in the world with National Technological University (NTU) following NUS, according to the QS ranking.
- Along with this, a lot of International institutions have opened up campuses in Singapore to cater to the Asian Population.
- There are a lot of degrees being offered in Singapore but Engineering Sciences and Business Management are the top picked ones in Singapore.
- The universities in Singapore are also known to offer polytechnic courses and diplomas.
- Every degree which is being offered in Singapore like undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate come with full-fledged research and modern facilities provided to the students.
Financial Assistance for International Students
- The best thing about the Singaporean Government is that it has facilitated overseas students by offering them effective tuition Grant Scheme.
- This Grant Scheme allows International students to apply in Singaporean Universities and they can apply for the Grant on the basis that they should at least serve for 3 years in any Singaporean company once they are finished with their studies.
- Along with this Grant Scheme, Singaporean universities also offer students loans and scholarships programs to International Students who cannot afford the expensive cost of tertiary education at Singaporean higher education institutes.
Study Expenses in Singapore
Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the world, and studying in Singapore can be quite expensive. The cost of living in Singapore is high, and this is reflected in the cost of education as well. However, the quality of education in Singapore is excellent, and the city-state offers a range of educational institutions that cater to a diverse student population.
Here is an overview of the expenses that you may incur while studying in Singapore:
- Tuition fees: The cost of tuition varies depending on the institution and the course of study. For example, undergraduate courses at the National University of Singapore (NUS) can cost between SGD 28,600 to SGD 48,800 per year, while postgraduate courses can cost between SGD 16,900 to SGD 50,000 per year. Private institutions may charge more.
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation will depend on where you choose to live and the type of accommodation you opt for. On-campus accommodation may cost between SGD 250 to SGD 1,300 per month, while private accommodation can cost between SGD 500 to SGD 2,500 per month.
- Food and groceries: Eating out in Singapore can be expensive, and it is cheaper to cook your own meals. Groceries may cost between SGD 200 to SGD 400 per month.
- Transport: Singapore has an efficient public transport system, and students are eligible for concessionary fares. The cost of public transport may vary depending on the distance you travel, but a monthly pass can cost between SGD 45 to SGD 120.
- Miscellaneous expenses: This includes expenses such as textbooks, stationery, health insurance, and leisure activities. These expenses can vary, but you should budget between SGD 500 to SGD 1,000 per year.
Jobs Available for Pakistani Students
Pakistani students can easily find part-time jobs to work whilst studying their respective degrees. The thing is that Students are allowed to work during limited hours as set by the Singaporean Government. When these students graduate, they can also hunt for full-time jobs for themselves.
Related: Study In the Finland For Pakistani Students
The best thing is that eligible candidates who are interested in settling over there can get a full-time job along with a long-term work permit which can open paths for permanent residency in Singapore. This can obviously lead to Singaporean Citizenship, and the student can settle there permanently if need to.
Benefits of Living in Singapore
- As the country is located at the tip of the Malay Peninsula so the tropical climate can be enjoyed while living there.
- Singapore’s tropical climate is the main reason that attracts tourists from all over the world and there are a lot of foreign investors too.
- Singapore is known as a safe, clean and green country which also serves the country as a favourite and a popular tourist spot whether for vacations or for studying there.
- There is a whole network of easily accessible, fast and efficient subway and train systems which provide easy yet feasible transport to the public.
- Visitors can easily access all the tourist spots and locations with the public transport in Singapore which makes it a very great option for vacation and living there.
Singapore’s Multicultural Destination
People from all around the globe with different castes, creeds, religions, tribes, ethnic backgrounds, races are present and residing in Singapore. However, the top population belongs to China. In fact, Chinese comprises more than 75% of Singapore’s population following Malays and Indians as the next dominant population.
The entire population of Singapore lives in modern apartments as the infrastructure is great over there. Singapore’s average per capita income is over US$12000 which makes this city-state one of the best study abroad destinations as it offers diverse employment opportunities.
Languages and Religion in Singapore
There is a diverse array of languages which are spoken in Singapore. Some of the languages spoken and understood in Singapore are English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil Arabic and Chinese.
Related: Study In the Turkey For Pakistani Students
Another great thing about the diversity of people is that a lot of religions are practised and people with different faiths are welcome including Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists who can freely pursue the obligations and duties of their religion with ease.
Art, Culture, Festivals and Entertainment in Singapore
As there is a diverse population residing in Singapore, there are many different customs and traditions you can see in Singapore. Singapore caters to a lot of tourists yearly so some of the tourist favourite locations and spots include Singapore zoo, orchard road, Marina bay roads with many others.
The theatre in Singapore is well flourished too which is another famous spot as the Singapore dance theatre is globally acclaimed.
Throughout the country, a lot of festivals are celebrated among which Thaipusam is famous. This festival is an alternative to the popular Thanksgiving on the American and European side.
Life in Singapore comes with a lot of shades and colours which makes it a really bright and lively experience for locals as well as visitors in the country whether they may be students or tourists. People who want to choose Singapore as their study destination are guaranteed to experience all of this in the best of ways.
They also may get many life experiences which would be like no other whilst living and studying in this lively yet wonderful island.
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!