If you are looking for past papers to prepare for the PMS exam, then look no further.
Today we are going to explain what the PMS exam and provide you with the links for PMS Past Papers. Stay with us as we will go in full depth as we explain them.
PMS Past Papers
Let’s begin our discussion with what is a PMS exam. A familiarity of the term is crucial in understanding its significance in Pakistan and its characteristics.
If you are familiar with the exam and its formats then you can simply go to the past paper’s links. Otherwise, stay with us as we’ll explain the PMS exam.
The PMS exam stands for the Provincial Management Service exam that is conducted by the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC). This exam is held in Pakistan and mainly for the candidates from Punjab’s different districts.
The exam resembles the CSS exam but it is also somewhat different from it. The CSS exam is held on a federal level while the PMS exam is held on a provincial level (Exclusively for Punjab).
Schedule of PMS
The PMS exam does not have a particular exam date sheet because the purpose of this exam is to fill the vacant spots in the provincial management services. This is mostly conducted every year but only in the case of any vacant seats.
This was the basic introduction to the PMS exam. I hope you now know what it is and why you can consider yourself to take this exam.
The format of the exam consists of 2 types which are compulsory Let’s talk about the format or pattern of this exam now. The format of the exam resembles that of CSS a great deal. It consists of 2 types of subjects which are compulsory subjects and optional subjects.
With the exception of Urdu, our national language, the rest of the list is a split image of the CSS compulsory subjects. There are 6 compulsory subjects which are:
Languages like English are widely spoken in the world. English is considered as a universal language, mainly because it is spoken in different countries and it functions as the major language used in the business world.
English language is studied all over the world, mainly because it has become a universal language and people from different countries have to communicate in this language during their business transactions. People from different countries prefer using English as a medium of instruction because they consider it as an international language (Al-Khalili, 2010). This can be attributed to the fact that most people are not comfortable with speaking English.
In this essay, we will discuss how one can learn and improve his skills in writing and speaking English. The essay will also discuss on how one can improve his communication skills when he speaks English. The essay will provide information on how one can use proper sentence structures, grammar and vocabulary when he communicates or writes something in the English language.
The English language is one of the world’s most important languages. It is even considered to be the most important language. English is important, but not for the same reasons as other languages.
- English Essay.
- English General.
- Islamic Studies or Ethics(only for the minority candidates).
- Pakistan Studies.
- General Knowledge.
You cannot skip any of these subjects. However, in optional subjects, there’s a different story.
There are 30 optional subjects. That’s right. A whole diverse range of subjects! But don’t be hasty in celebrating. While choosing the optional subjects you have the option of selecting 3 subjects from 3 different groups.
There are a total of 7 groups. This means you have to invest your time in reading and preparing a diverse set of subjects. If you come to think about it, it’s actually a reasonable approach.
The optional subjects have quite the influence because each of the subjects contains 200 marks. Let me make clear why it is? It is because there are a total of 1200 marks in which optional subjects have 600 marks in total.
So, while choosing the option subjects, you should go for only 3 subjects with a score point of 200 each. Try to be smart, not hard working in this test.
Hopefully, this gives you a good idea regarding what is the PMS exam and what is its format.
Benefits of Preparing from Past Papers
Let’s look at some of the advantages of referring to the past papers:
- You reduce your fear of the exam by familiarizing yourself with its pattern, time limit, type of questions etc.
- You work exclusively on your time management, a key player in scoring well in exams.
- You understand the examiner’s mind by focusing on the topics and type of questions they deem important
PMS Past Paper Download in PDF
Let’s talk in a more generic term. Past Papers are necessary for success in any exam. This gives a person the ability to manage time and get prepared for what he/she has to face. This gives an idea to the candidate about what he/she has to face during the exam.
If the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) does not change the pattern then it can be very beneficial for you to prepare from the past papers.
Let’s hop onto the links now.
1) Links (Part 1):
These are the links to most recent past papers:
- Past Paper 2018 19 PPSC PMS General Knowledge Paper 1
- PMS Past paper 2016 Business Administration Paper I
- General Knowledge
- PMS Past Paper 2016 English Essay
- PMS Past Paper 2015 Islamic Studies
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Computer Sciences Paper II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Computer Science Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Commerce Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Chemistry Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Botany Paper I Page 1
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Arabic Paper II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Economics Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 English Compulsory
- PMS Past Paper 2016 English Lit Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Geography Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 History Paper II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Law Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Pak Studies (1)
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Mathematics Paper II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Mathematics Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Mass Communication Paper II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Mass Communication Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Law Paper II
These are only half of the past paper’s links.
2) Links (Part 2):
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Pak Studies
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Persian Paper I Page 1
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Persian Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Philosophy Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Physics Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Political Science Paper I
- PMS Past paper 2016 Punjabi Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Public Administration Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Public Administration Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Psychology Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Political Science Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Psychology Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Social Work Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Social Work Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Sociology Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Statistics Paper I
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Statistics Paper II
- PMS Past Paper 2016 Zoology Paper I
- PMS Past Paper Veterinary Science Paper-II
- PMS Past Paper Urdu Essay 2016
- PMS Past Paper Urdu 2016 Paper II
- PMS Past Paper Urdu 2016 Paper 1
- PMS Past Paper Education 2016 Paper I
- PMS Past Paper Arabic Paper 1
Key to Success:
If you think that you can just breeze through the PMS exam without putting any effort into it, then you are sadly gravely mistaken. These exams cannot be taken lightly.
For you to achieve high marks in the PMS exam, you must be willing to stick to a rigid schedule otherwise you cannot acquire high marks.
The key to achieving high marks in the Provincial Management Service exam is dedication. This is basically necessary for any exam but it especially applies to the PMS exam.
By sticking to a rigid schedule you can easily obtain high marks. There is also the factor of the interview/viva which consists of 200 marks. The key to success in them is simple confidence. By finding a sneaky way for the problems the person can easily score high in them as well.
Hopefully, these PMS Past Papers can prove useful to you in the PMS Exam. Best of luck with the exam.
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!