Written by: Aleena Hussain
In this article, you will know:
- What is Zoology
- Zoology focuses on studying how animals live, how they interact with their environment, and how their physical characteristics can change to help them survive in the wild.
- Zoologists may study animals in their natural habitat or in captivity. They may observe the animal’s life cycle, which includes its growth, reproduction, behavior, and interactions with other species.
- Zoologists may also conduct laboratory tests to study animals’ behavior and to gather data about an animal’s anatomy and physiology. In addition to lab tests, zoologists may also perform field tests to observe an animal in its natural habitat. During these field tests, zoologists collect data about the animal’s diet and the challenges it faces while trying to survive in the wild.
- Zoology is a broad field that offers many career options. Some zoologists specialize in a particular species or group of species (such as invertebrates or fish). Others work with a specific type of animal (such as marine mammals or birds). Zoologists may also focus on a certain aspect of an animal’s life (such as reproduction or development).
- The study of Zoology is a broad area that focuses on animal life, including the structure, behavior, physiology and classification of animals. An understanding of zoology is important for many different jobs and occupations within the animal industry.
- Zoologists can work in the wild or within laboratories. Within the field of zoology there are a number of different sub-disciplines which can focus on a specific type or group of animals.
- Jobs of Zoology in Pakistan
- Salary of Zoologist in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
Zoologists have a high demand among fisheries and aqua farms, wildlife parks and nature reserves, research companies, institutional academies, botanical gardens, and environmental preservation agencies.
Both the government and private districts have jobs available for zoologists in their spheres.
Those who apply for this career must have an appreciation for nature and enthusiasm for animals. A lot of energy and time is needed to observe, investigate, and research on animals as they are in a constant habitat change and suffering from human impact and captivity.
Study of Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Mathematics subjects should be the basis for applying at Bachelor’s level Zoology.
To gain high posts in this area, one must obtain a Masters and Doctorate degree in Zoology and Zoological subfields.
What Are the Required Skills in Zoology?
Mathematical and conceptual skills should be present. Computer and technological efficiency for estimating, recording, and restoring data is imperative in this field.
Passion and determination is a necessity for spending long, tedious hours observing species and for later organizing, documenting and compiling aspects of the research report.
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Zoology?
Studies reptiles and amphibians like crocodiles, snakes, and frogs.
Researches parasites and how their infect, feed on and kill their hosts.
Study fossil remains regarding keeping a record of life in the form of minerals, the evolutionary history of animals, structure, and origin.
Deals with naming, grouping, and classifying animals into different categories based on their genetic and physical similarities.
Physiologists study the organ systems, bone structure, and the overall physical aspects of animals.
Observes how species interact with each other and how human activity affects them.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Zoologist?
- Computing technology
- Passion for animals
- Natural curiosity
A Bachelor’s degree in Zoology and for further career enhancement, a Master’s and Ph.D. level degrees are vital in Zoology or any subfield of Zoology.
What are the Zoologist Salaries in Pakistan?
You can find Zoology jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Zoology Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours, past week etc . You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Zoology?
|1. Abbottabad University Of Science And Technology||Abbottabad|
|2. Women University Azad Jammu &Kashmir||Bagh|
|3. Cholistan University Of Veterinary &Animal Sciences||Bahawal Pur|
|4. The Government Sadiq College Women University||Bahawal Pur|
|5. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||Bahawal Pur|
|6. University Of Science &Technology||Bannu|
|7. The University Of Buner||Buner|
|8. University Of Malakand||Chakdara|
|9. Bacha Khan University||Charsadda|
|10. Ghazi University||D.g.khan|
|11. University Of Education [ D.g. Khan Campus ]||D.g.khan|
|12. Gomal University||D.i. Khan|
|13. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|14. Government College Women University||Faisalabad|
|15. University Of Education [ Faisalabad Campus ]||Faisalabad|
|16. Karakoram International University||Gilgit|
|17. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|18. Quaid-e-Azam University||Islamabad|
|19. University Of Sindh||Jamshoro|
|20. Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science &Technology, Karachi||Karachi|
What is the Trend of Zoology in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂