Written by: Mohammad Abdullah Humayun
In this article, you will know:
- What is Software Engineering
- Software engineering is a lot like designing bridges. You determine what you want to build, and then you figure out how to build it.
- When considering how to design a bridge, engineers first consider the purpose of the bridge. What is the bridge intended to do? The most essential question when building a bridge is “what will it be used for?”
- If you are designing an airplane, the purpose of your structure is different than if you were building a house. Just as it is necessary to know the purpose of your structure in order to build it, it’s important for software engineers to know what their software will be used for before they begin building.
- A moment’s reflection will tell anyone who is trying to learn more about what software engineering means that there’s no single correct answer; many of the people who you talk to will give a different response, and even the same person may give different responses at different times.
- This has been true for decades — in fact, the name of the field itself has changed several times since its inception. “Software engineering” was first used in a conference paper back in 1968; before that time, people called it “programming”, “software development”, or even “computer programming”.
- Jobs of Software Engineering in Pakistan
- Salary of Software Engineer in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is Software Engineering and What Do Software Engineer Do?
Software engineering is a field having colossal growth opportunities. With the ever-increasing progress in information technology software engineering has become a significant field.
Software engineers are tasked with designing, modification, improving, and testing computer software. This software can be related to a game, entertainment, or any other walk of life.
Software engineers make this software capable of running functionally on a computer, laptop, mobile, etc. and also create networks between different devices.
Software engineers start their career working for a firm who has code for a computer language and are actively engaged in improving it.
After gaining considerable experience and expertise in a specialized field, these professionals can also set up their own developer teams.
For starters, you need to have a degree in a technical or analytical subject. A degree in computer science or IT although is preferable but it is not a prerequisite for starting your career in this field. Experience in computer coding is precious.
If you have graduated with a degree in a nontechnical course, then masters in IT would be suitable. Many individuals graduating with business and management qualifications pursue this path.
For an experienced software engineer, the growth opportunities are immense and endless.
What Are the Required Skills in Software Engineering?
Excellent communication skills so that the individual can work effectively with the developer team.
Sound leadership skills will also add value to your resume.
Expertise in technical and analytical subjects is a must.
The ability to work on many challenges at the same time is also essential.
To solve a multitude of highly complex problems, there should be an abundance of creativity.
The individual should be intimately a++ware of all the latest developments in the field of information technology, and he or she must be able to implement this knowledge to solve technical problems.
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What are the Career Prospects of Software Engineering?
- Lead Software Engineer:
They run their own developer team and set goals for individual tasks. For this purpose, the experience is very vital as this job demands responsibility. The individual should have excellent leadership skills to effectively command the team.
- Quality Assurance Tester:
They are tasked with judging the flaws in a new product to make it free of viruses or malware. It is a very creative job as one has to think outside the box to remove all the vulnerabilities in software.
- Game Developer:
They design games for android, PC and other gaming consoles, for example, Xbox Play Station, etc.
- Software Researcher:
They study different software systems to improve them or to design better software. For this purpose, expertise in coding is a must.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Software Engineer?
If you have interests in the following things, then this field is a match for you:
- Computer Science
- Information technology
- Emerging technologies.
- Academic Requirement:
- Working Hours:
- Place of work:
What are Software Engineer Salaries in Pakistan?
You can find Software Engineering jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Software Engineering Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Past Week. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Software Engineering?
|1. Abbottabad University Of Science And Technology||Abbottabad|
|2. University Of Science &Technology||Bannu|
|3. Al-khair University||Bhimber|
|4. University Of Malakand||Chakdara|
|5. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|6. National University Of Computer And Emerging Sciences ( Faisalabad Campus )||Faisalabad|
|7. University Of Agriculture||Faisalabad|
|8. Karakoram International University||Gilgit|
|9. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|10. University Of Haripur||Haripur|
|11. Hazara University [havellian Campus]||Havelian|
|12. Air University||Islamabad|
|13. Bahria University, Islamabad||Islamabad|
|14. Comsats Institute Of Information Technology [isb]||Islamabad|
|15. International Islamic University||Islamabad|
|16. National University Of Modern Languages, Islamabad||Islamabad|
|17. National University Of Science &Technology||Islamabad|
|18. Mehran University Of Engineering &Technology||Jamshoro|
|19. University Of Sindh||Jamshoro|
|20. Ned University Of Engineering &Technology||Karachi|
To find the software engineering department of any university, just type software engineering + university name like
What is the Trend of Software Engineering in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂