Written by: Aleena Hussain
In this article, you will know:
- What is Sociology
- In sociology, we consider society and human behavior that can help us understand the world we live in and make it better. In his book, “The Uses of Sociology,” Robert K. Merton, one of the founders of modern sociology, explains that sociology is an attempt to explain social life as a science. He says that the most important thing about sociology is its scientific method. By using the sociological imagination, sociologists are able to look at the world around them and see patterns and connections between different aspects of life.
- Sociology is the study of society and human social interaction. It focuses on how people organize themselves into groups, such as families and neighborhoods, and how they interact with one another. The field has grown to include many different areas of research, including social deviance, culture, religion and politics. Sociology is a very broad field that can be studied in a number of different ways.
- Another way to put it is that sociology is the scientific study of social life and human behavior based on systematic evidence and objective reasoning. What this means is that sociologists do not make assumptions or guesses about human behavior without first doing research in order to find out if those ideas are true or not. They have to prove their theories through research, something that many other social sciences (like psychology) do not have to do.
- Jobs of Sociology in Pakistan
- Salary of Sociologist in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is Sociology and What Do Sociologist Do?
Sociology is the of society and social behavior. Those who study Sociology are known as Sociologists.
They deal with human behavior, interactions, and communications within the norms of a society.
How human culture, traditions, conflicts, economy, politics, disputes, trade, and other such activities impact and affect society, is part of the study of Sociology.
Sociologists are in demand in both private and government sector at research institutes, the criminal justice system, law firms, media companies, counseling, social and health welfare organizations.
After obtaining a degree in Sociology, one can also apply in police training, law schools, PR courses, and journalism academies.
However, an advanced degree of Sociology is necessary for gaining high posts in this career with a Master’s in the fields of social policy, political sociology, or social research.
What Are the Required Skills in Sociology?
Sociologists should be detail-oriented for analyzing social concerns and organizing information. Interpersonal and critical thinking skills are requisite in a sociologist.
Logical reasoning and time management capabilities are necessary, along with active listening and excellent conversational abilities.
Optimism, tolerance, and empathy are essential core skills required in any sociologist.
And do you know 77% of Employers Not Happy with the Quality of Pakistani Graduates
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Sociology in Pakistan?
Welfare and NGOs:
If you study sociology you understand culture and heritage and human behavior of each culture. That’s why many welfare and NGOs in Pakistan are in search of a sociologist.
CSS and PMS Officer:
Sociologist can become a CSS and PMS officer in Pakistan if you clear the CSS exams. CSS has a sociology subject as well that you can easily clear.
School, colleges, and universities always need a good sociology teacher who can teach the students. For getting a career in teaching for sociology, you must focus on soft skills, not hard skills.
Working in Museums:
Museums hire the sociologist because he understands and knows about the heritage and culture displayed in the museums.
Online Blog on Sociology:
What Are the Important Points To Be a Sociologist?
- Conducting research
- Social welfare
- Aiding people
- Human behavior
- Societal norms
A Bachelor’s degree in Sociology or Psychology along with a Master’s degree in Sociology is vital to get right in this field. To be a professional sociologist, a Ph.D. is necessary for Sociology.
Regular business hours in the office or school timings in academic institutes.
Mostly at regular offices, academic research centers, educational institutes or social welfare centers. At times outside the office hours when conducting research and interviews
An advanced degree is mandatory to gain useful posts in this profession where initial research work can become hectic.
What are the Sociologist Salaries in Pakistan?
You can find Sociology Jobs in Pakistan from
Tip: Regularly Visiting the Government Department Related to Social Science Jobs.
Here is the sector-wise salary in Pakistan, data taken from LUMS Prospectus that is a prestigious university in Pakistan.
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Sociology Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
Pro Tip: Always use Google Image to look for the jobs that may be related to your field and prepare for the jobs if entry test is conducted.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Sociology?
|1. University Of Science &Technology||Bannu|
|2. University Of Malakand||Chakdara|
|3. Bacha Khan University||Charsadda|
|4. Bahauddin Zakria University,multan[d.g.khan Campus]||D.g.khan|
|5. Ghazi University||D.g.khan|
|6. Fata University||Darra Adam Khail|
|7. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|8. Government College Women University||Faisalabad|
|9. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|10. International Islamic University||Islamabad|
|11. University Of Sindh||Jamshoro|
|12. University Of Karachi||Karachi|
|13. Kohat University Of Science &Technology||Kohat|
|14. The University Of Management Sciences &Information Technology||Kotli|
|15. Government College University, Lahore||Lahore|
|16. Lahore College For Women University||Lahore|
|17. Virtual University Of Pakistan||Lahore|
|18. Lasbela University Of Agriculture, Water And Marine Sciences, Uthal||Lasbela|
|19. Hazara University||Mansehra|
|20. Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan||Mardan|
To find the Sociology department of any university, just type Sociology + university name like
What is the Trend of Sociology in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article? Leave your comment below, it will help the future youth.
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!