In this article, you will know:
- What is Physics
- Physics is a very broad subject, which has many branches, of which mechanics is one. Mechanics is the study of forces in motion and how they affect matter. It was developed by Isaac Newton, who formulated three laws of motion, which still form the foundation for modern physics. A physicist is a scientist who studies the physical world. By studying physics you can learn how things work and how to control them.
- Contemporary physicists are involved in many areas of research, including such fields as astrophysics, biophysics, chemical physics, computational physics, condensed matter physics, molecular physics, materials science, nanotechnology and particle physics. Physical theories play a central role in many natural sciences such as physics, astronomy and chemistry. In addition to providing explanations for natural phenomena, advances in physics often enable new technologies. For example, advances in the understanding of electromagnetism led directly to the development of new products that have dramatically altered our modern way of life, such as television and computers.
- “An object’s mass determines the strength of its gravitational pull.” This law says that an object’s mass (how much stuff it has) determines how much gravity it exerts on other objects.
- Jobs of Physics in Pakistan
- Salary of Physicists in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
And much more.
- What is Physics.
- Required Skills for Physics.
- Branches of Physics.
- Important Points.
- Physics Jobs in Pakistan.
- Salary of Physicists in Pakistan.
- Admissions in Physics in Pakistan.
- Trend of Physics.
What is Physics and What do Physicists Do?
Were you aware that a physicist discovered the Big Bang Theory?
A physicist is a person who studies Physics.
Physics is the study of matter and energy and the relation between the two. Of course, Physicists study the physical forces of nature and the laws of the universe using numeracy, statistics, computational technology, and experiments. They try to continually reinvent and discover new physical laws and energy.
There are vast applications of Physics in academia and development, engineering, medicine, law, business, and military-funded research programmers.
Graduates in Physics are hired by computing and consultancy industries, engineering and manufacturing firms and telecommunication companies.
Those who have doctoral diplomas or advanced degrees in Physics, they work as lecturers and professors in schools, colleges, and universities both in public and private educational institutions.
Physics have thorough knowledge and understanding of astronomy, computational and experimental physics, condensed matter, dynamics, and quantum mechanics.
This versatility makes them resourceful in the spheres of nanotechnology, information technology, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, and defense departments.
Detail orientation, analyzing skills and technical abilities Physics learners, makes them resourceful in energy and power supply companies.
Internships and voluntary work done in Physics-related firms aids in making your resume attractive and opens more employment opportunities. A Master’s degree is preferable to obtain high posts in the field of Physics.
What Are the Required Skills in Physics?
A physicist should have creative thinking and innovative skills for inventing and solving complex machinery problems.
Have conceptual and competent abilities for programming and predicting outcomes. Be refined in Mathematical skills and have fluency in using scientific equipment.
Graduates in Physics should have project and time management capabilities, along with practical report writing skills.
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Physics?
- Acoustic Consultant
Works with sound designers, architects, and construction crews to regulate and adjust the sound.
- Radiation Protection Practitioner
Are experts who take effective safety precautions and measures to protect the people from harmful radiation in any industrial estate.
- Nuclear Engineer
Devises instruments and systems to extract benefits from nuclear energy and radiation to be used in medical diagnosis and treatment or other industrial uses.
Studies various features of the Earth by using electrical and magnetic methods and makes use of computers for modeling and calculations.
Design, develop, and modify small circuit devices and mechanical objects at the molecular level such as cell phones.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Physicists?
- Math and numeracy
- Matter and energy studies
- Research and Innovation
- Space studies
- Academic Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree in Physics or Engineering Physics is essential to enter the field of Physics.
A Master’s degree in Physics, Math, Engineering, or Astronomy is vital to get advance posts.
For academic research, a Ph.D. degree is required in relative subjects as in Astrophysics, Quantum, Mathematical or Particle Physics, Thermodynamics or Nanotechnology.
- Work Form:
Regular business hours of 9 to 5 timing but irregular hours can be spent on project completion or research work. Traveling to field sites or conferences is part of the job.
- Work Place:
Physicists work at research labs, classrooms, offices, and do fieldwork.
The job prospects in Physics are challenging, demanding, and competitive. Growth in the profession requires considerable time, energy, and commitment in the classrooms, labs, and fields.
What is the Physicist Salary in Pakistan?
The average Physicist salary in Pakistan is PKR 408,000 per year or PKR 34,000 per month. Entry level positions start at PKR 26,000 per month while most experienced workers make up to PKR 80,000 per month.
You can find Physics jobs in Pakistan from
Here is the sector-wise salary in Pakistan, data taken from LUMS Prospectus that is a prestigious university in Pakistan.
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Physics Jobs in Pakistan?
When you type the Physics’s jobs in Pakistan, you can also write your city name instead of Pakistan to find the jobs.
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours, past week etc . You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
You can also use Google Image that is a handy tool for finding jobs.
You can search the jobs in your city or province, and you can conclude either you should select this field or not based on the jobs available.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Physics?
These are the universities that are offering Physics in Pakistan.
|1. Abbottabad University Of Science And Technology||Abbottabad|
|2. Women University Azad Jammu &Kashmir||Bagh|
|3. The Government Sadiq College Women University||Bahawal Pur|
|4. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||Bahawal Pur|
|5. University Of Science &Technology||Bannu|
|6. University Of Malakand||Chakdara|
|7. Bacha Khan University||Charsadda|
|8. Ghazi University||D.g.khan|
|9. University Of Education [ D.g. Khan Campus ]||D.g.khan|
|10. Gomal University||D.i. Khan|
|11. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|12. Government College Women University||Faisalabad|
|13. University Of Education [ Faisalabad Campus ]||Faisalabad|
|14. Karakuram International University||Gilgit|
|15. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|16. Air University||Islamabad|
|17. Allama Iqbal Open University||Islamabad|
|18. Comsats Institute Of Information Technology [isb]||Islamabad|
|19. International Islamic University||Islamabad|
|20. National University Of Science &Technology||Islamabad|
In order to find the department of Physics in any university, just type Physics+ university name like
Moreover, you can call them.
What is the Trend of Physics in Pakistan?
Google has created an amazing tool called Google Trend that shows the searches being done by the people living in the country or city.
I am searching do people search Physics in Pakistan? If so, which province or city.
Here you can see it all.
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂