Written by: Rubab Ali
In this article, you will know:
- What is Law (LLB)
- Laws are rules established by an authority, custom or agreement to regulate the actions of people and usually backed up by the imposition of penalties.
- Law is made up of enacted law which are laws that are passed through parliament in the form of statutes, written law which is law that has been established through court cases in the form of common law and delegated law which is made by local councils, government agencies or other bodies.
- Law can be enforceable by courts, which is called public law, or simply for regulating behaviour within private relationships (contracts), which is called private law.
- The Law is whatever is enacted or approved by the government officials for a certain area. It can be written in law books or just customs.
- We live in a world of increasing economic and social complexity. The law is an attempt to solve problems that arise in this complexity.
- The law is therefore a huge body of knowledge about how to solve the problems that arise in our society. Yet most people are indifferent to it, few think about it, and even fewer understand it.
- Law is like some of the other things people need to know about but don’t: finance, medicine, plumbing, computer networking, and so on. If you have no interest in these subjects, you can still get by. You can hire people who know about them; you can use standard systems developed by experts you trust; you can get by with a combination of ignorance and luck.
- Jobs of Law in Pakistan
- Salary of Lawyers in Pakistan
- Find Out Law Field is a Match for You And much more.
What is Law (LLB) and What does Lawyer Do?
In simple words, Law and LLB are the same in Pakistan.
Bachelor of Laws (Latin: Legum Baccalaureus; LL.B.) is an undergraduate law degree in Pakistan and most common law jurisdictions which allows a person to become a lawyer.
They are extreme lawyers who represent their clients in the court. Their services are basically helpful for clients as they show the proofs in the court.
Usually, they are expert in one field of the law, for example, laws of crime, job or entertainment, etc. Barrister represents people institutions or even government.
They start their career as ‘Junior’ in the chamber. Chamber is near the court where usually advocates sit. They can either work individually, or they work with any institution and get a paid job. They provide services for government, armed forces or NGOs.
To become a proper Barrister, one has to work in the chamber for quite a lot of time to gain experience, identity and attract more clients.
Or one can work with other barristers as well as just to settle down and learn new techniques. Successful barristers, by working hard, can reach up to higher ranks such as a senior barrister or a judge.
To enter this career, one has to pursue a degree of law but can start this career by graduating in different subjects but later on by getting a conversion degree.
After this, there is a one-year training course under the supervision of a senior and experienced barrister.
What Are the Required Skills in Law?
One should have the ability to represent client’s point of view in the court. Should be rational and have the time management ability, and one should be keen observant to focus details and extract important points from cases.
Should have the stamina to be persistent and determined to prepare cases and deal with lengthy law procedures.
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Law?
He works for large companies or law practice. Should be expert of laws related to business pacts. He helps in the company’s policies implement or practice.
He works for the criminal cases and spends 4 to 5 days of the week in hearing of cases.
Media and Entertainment Barrister :
He works for music, film and publishing industry and provides help for copyrights and intellectual property.
He is an expert of martial laws and represents his clients in the court. He attracts clients and solves the matrimonial issues according to law.
He works for people’s pensions and jobs he represents clients with cases such as delayed pensions of refusal of pensions etc.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Lawyer?
Minimum Educational Status:
Graduation in law is prioritized. Graduates in different subjects can get a post-graduation conversion degree afterward.
Working timings can be long and stressful. Quick understanding of the case is required for emergency cases though the pay can be useful.
What Is the Lawyer Salary in Pakistan?
You can find Law jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Law Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours, past week etc . You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Law?
|1. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||Bahawal Pur|
|2. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||Bahawal Pur|
|3. University Of Malakand||Chakdara|
|4. Bahauddin Zakria University,multan[d.g.khan Campus]||D.g.khan|
|5. Gomal University||D.i. Khan|
|6. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|7. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|8. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|9. Bahria University,Islamabad||Islamabad|
|10. Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science &Technology||Islamabad|
|11. International Islamic University||Islamabad|
|12. Quaid-e-Azam University||Islamabad|
|13. University Of Sindh||Jamshoro|
|14. Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science &Technology, Karachi||Karachi|
|15. Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, University Of Law, Clifton||Karachi|
|16. University Of Karachi||Karachi|
|17. University Of Karachi||Karachi|
|18. Shah Abdul Latif University||Khair Pur|
|19. The University Of Management Sciences &Information Technology||Kotli|
|20. Kinnaird College For Women||Lahore|
What is the Trend of Law in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂