Written by: Aleena
In this article, you will know
- What is International Relations
- It is the study of how states, nations, societies, and individuals interact and influence one another in the global arena. IR studies power and conflict at the international level, but it also includes the study of peace, justice, and stability.
- In addition to these topics, IR scholars often focus on economics, trade, culture, and law. Many scholars specialize in a particular region or country—for example, some focus on Latin America or Russia, while others study a specific issue such as terrorism or nuclear proliferation.
- In short, the field of IR contains many subfields and specializations that reflect its varied subject matter. These include diplomatic history; security studies; comparative politics; economics; ethics; law; gender studies; demography; geography; sociology; anthropology; philosophy; psychology; religion; human rights; development studies; environmental studies and energy security.
- International Relations is a fascinating area of study that focuses on the relations between different countries or nations, as well as the interactions between different actors in the international system. International Relations (IR) is an interdisciplinary field of study and research. Scholars in this field come from a variety of backgrounds and from various departments within the College and University.
- In general, IR scholars are focused on the causes of war and peace amongst states, the nature of cooperation and conflict, globalization and its consequences, the role that international institutions play in global politics, the impact of international norms and ideas on world politics, terrorism, ethnic cleansing, development and poverty issues.
- Jobs of International Relations in Pakistan
- Salary of International Relation Specialist in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is International Relations and What Do International Relation Specialist Do?
This subject deals with the study of foreign affairs, global trade, world economy, worldwide policies and international political bodies.
Having a degree in International Relations, you can go on to apply in law schools, world economics or join Civil and Foreign Service.
The path if journalism is also ideal as to work in foreign news correspondent and international broadcasting.
International Relations provides a basic understanding of world societies, globalization, and foreign trade.
The graduates of this subject are hired by major transnational businesses like Nestle or Coca Cola, Defense Department (both military and civilian) and the intelligence organizations.
International Relations provides a significant insight into political and foreign affairs and diplomacy.
The typical employers of this field are multinational companies, consulting firms, domestic and foreign financial institutions.
Large media companies, law firms, self-employed energy companies, and global small and medium enterprises also hire International Relations students.
To acquire high posts in the field of International Relations, you should have a thorough understanding of cultural differences.
Be an expert in diplomacy and foreign policy and have a cross-cultural experience.
A Master’s degree in International Relations with a specialization in the areas of security studies, global governance and diplomacy.
What Are the Required Skills in International Relations?
Graduates in International Relations should have self-awareness, interpersonal and good verbal communication skills to construct valid arguments.
One should be able to identify and resolve signs of conflict, mediate disagreements and view issues from diverse angles.
Foreign Affairs students should have peacemaking, negotiation and prioritizing abilities. Should be persistent and have project management abilities.
And do you know 77% of Employers Not Happy with the Quality of Pakistani Graduates
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of International Relations?
Assemble and compile stories from expert sources regarding worldwide issues and current affairs matters and to present these finds to the public through media.
Studies the origin and development of political systems, states, ideologies and organizations to determine where the current political atmosphere is headed.
International Marketing Specialist:
Researches world economic climate, global consumer trends and international trade to advise and manage imports, exports and multinational corporation companies for increasing sales and maximizing profit.
You can be an IR teacher at schools, colleges, and universities around the country.
You can find International Relations Jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What Are the Important Points To Be an International Relation Specialist?
- Physical science
- International trade
- World bodies
- Human Rights
- Political Science
- Academic Qualifications:
Regular office timings. 40 hours a week of work. Frequent traveling for attending conferences. Extra hours logged for meeting deadlines.
Regular offices in Government and private sector.
It is difficult to secure jobs in Foreign Affairs and Civil Services.
Fierce competition and high stress are present. Frequent traveling can be exhausting.
What is the Future of International Relations Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
You can also use Google Image that is a handy tool for finding jobs.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in International Relations?
|1. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|2. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|3. Bahria University,Islamabad||Islamabad|
|4. Comsats Institute Of Information Technology [isb]||Islamabad|
|5. International Islamic University||Islamabad|
|6. National Defence University||Islamabad|
|7. National University Of Modern Languages, Islamabad||Islamabad|
|8. Quaid-e-azam University||Islamabad|
|9. University Of Sindh||Jamshoro|
|10. Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science &Technology, Karachi||Karachi|
|11. University Of Karachi||Karachi|
|12. Kinnaird College For Women||Lahore|
|13. University Of The Punjab||Lahore|
|14. Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan||Mardan|
|15. Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan||Multan|
|16. University Of Peshawar||Peshawar|
|17. Balochistan University Of It &Management Sciences||Quetta|
|18. University Of Balochistan||Quetta|
|19. Qurtuba University Of Science &Technology [di Khan]||D.i. Khan|
|20. Iqra University [isb]||Islamabad|
How? Universities in Pakistan (or you can replace Pakistan with your city)
And many more. Just Google, you will find.
What is the Trend of International Relation Specialist in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!