Written by: Rubab Ali
In this article, you will know:
- What is Graphic Designing
- Designing is a creative process. It involves developing and promoting a variety of materials including websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity such as logos, etc.
- Today you can find jobs in designing from a simple logo to an elaborate website. Designers are needed everywhere. They can be found in advertising agencies, printing industry or even in the web industry. The demand for graphic artists is increasing rapidly and the field of graphic design has expanded thanks to computers and sophisticated software.
- A key component of graphic design is problem-solving; graphic designers must be able to recognize a client’s communications issues and develop effective solutions with high visual impact. The designer must understand how to translate a client’s business goals into effective marketing communications.
- The profession encompasses a variety of occupations engaged in the creation of visual content intended to create an emotional response from viewers. Graphic designers work in various mediums including print publications (newspapers, magazines) as well as electronic formats such as television, film, video games, websites and other interactive media.
- A graphic design project usually involves a client and a designer, and is usually executed in conjunction with form producers. It helps in communicating the message through images, symbols or even words.
- Jobs of Graphic Designing in Pakistan
- Salary of Graphic Designer in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is Graphic Designing and What Do Graphic Designer Do?
These messages and data are shown in both print and electronic media.
A graphic designer designs advertisements, brochures, and flyers.
It is necessary for a designer while designing advertisements, brochures, flyers, and logos to keep in mind the goals and requirements of the person for which he is designing, to maintain his interest.
Nowadays, most of the work is done on computers, but most people do a job with artists and photographers.
In the beginning, no degree is required to start doing graphic designing.
But people who want to pursue the profession will work with one experienced professional to gain experience and learn basic techniques.
But to work in international marketing, advertising and publishing companies, one has to pursue a degree from an authenticated institution.
In Pakistan, there are some institutions which provide the services of learning graphic designing and media designing.
Being a graphic designer, you will continuously face new technologies an updates in the field, and you need to be aware of them.
These changings are a part of your profession, and they regularly give you exposure and experience. You have to decide either you want to be a freelancer or get a job in some company.
What Are the Required Skills in Graphic Designing?
One needs to have oral and written skills to express his ideas and designs in better ways.
One should know how to use the latest designing software and should always be ready to learn new techniques.
Should have a creative mind to create unique designs.
Should have the ability and listen to the client and actually understanding his requirements for the design.
Should have the ability to work and progress in different designs at the same time.
One should have the skill to understand the message of the requirement of the client through the design.
And do you know 77% of Employers Not Happy with the Quality of Pakistani Graduates
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Graphic Designing?
Mostly a team works together to make different graphic designs for a company or a brand. The art director works as the supervisor of the team.
He is an expert in designing a website and represents a brand or a company in an attractive way on its website.
Designs different banners for museum, conferences, or exhibitions. If you have an interest in 3D designing then this could be beneficial in this field.
Gives advice on how to make the ads interesting and attractive for successful marketing and branding.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Graphic Designer?
Mostly work is done in-office hours but to complete larger projects, one has to work till late.
Though a graphic designer works in an office or a studio, he has to leave the office to meet his clients.
Drawbacks / Difficulties:
More than 1/3rd of the graphic designers are freelancers. The rest prefers getting jobs in companies.
What are Graphic Designer Salaries in Pakistan?
You can find Graphic Designing jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Graphic Designer Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Graphic Designing?
|1. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||Bahawal Pur|
|2. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|3. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|4. Government College University, Lahore||Lahore|
|5. Lahore College For Women University||Lahore|
|6. University Of The Punjab||Lahore|
|7. Institute Of Southern Punjab (girls Campus)||Multan|
|8. University Of Sargodha||Sargodha|
|9. Gift University||Gujranwala|
|10. National College Of Business Administration And Economics, Lahore||Lahore|
|11. University Of Management And Technology||Lahore|
|12. University Of South Asia||Lahore|
|13. Institute Of Southern Punjab||Multan|
|14. Comsats Institute Of Information Technology (virtual Campus)||Faisalabad|
|15. University Of Management And Technology||Sialkot|
|16. National College Of Business Administration And Economics ( Bahwal Pur Campus )||Bahawal Pur|
|17. National College Of Business Administration And Economics ( Bahwal Pur Campus )||Bahawal Pur|
|19. Hunerkada College Of Visual &Performing Arts||Lahore|
|20. Lahore School Of Fashion Design||Lahore|
To find the department of Graphic Designing in any university, just type Graphic Designing + university name like.
What is the Trend of Graphic Designer in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me :)w
With 8 years of experience, Our staff team has a passion for creating engaging and informative pieces that inform and educate the Top study world’s audience.