Written by: Aleena Hussain
In this article, you will know:
- What is Educational Psychology
- Jobs of Educational Psychology in Pakistan
- Salary of Educational Psychology in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is Educational Psychology and What Do Educational Psychologists Do?
Educational psychology is the branch of psychology concerned with the scientific study of human learning.
Educational Psychologists help people overcome dyslexia, which is a learning disability.
Educational Psychology is the study of people learn and retain knowledge.
Those who study Educational Psychology are called educational psychologists.
Educational psychologists work with children mostly, studying the processes of learning and teaching.
Educational psychologists treat children to adults of most up to 25 years of age.
They investigate learning disabilities and seek related solutions to improve instructional techniques and learning processes.
Educational psychologists have a vast knowledge of behavioral and developmental psychology. This helps them secure jobs in learning centers, community organizations, research firms, private and public consultancies, and clinics.
Many educational institutes hire educational psychologists to guide and help students struggling with learning difficulties and assist teachers in behavior and stress management.
Nurseries, elementary, secondary, and post-secondary academic institutions are typical workplaces of educational psychologists along with mental health services and social enterprises.
An educational psychologist studies how people acquire and recall information. They research how classroom environment, teaching methods, and curriculum affects learning acquisition of children.
These psychologists work with parents, doctors, teachers, and students to overcome social, behavioral, and emotional problems associated with learning disabilities.
Educational psychologists need to be active listeners and thorough researchers. Advanced degrees and extensive work experience are necessary to gain good jobs in the field.
What Are the Required Skills in Educational Psychology?
Sensitivity, natural curiosity, and determined attentiveness should be present when doing research work.
Tolerance, technical and comprehension skills are vital in an educational psychologist.
Should be adept and open to various therapy methods and work environments.
Time management, interpersonal, organization and record-keeping qualities are appreciated in an educational psychologist.
And do you know 77% of Employers Not Happy with the Quality of Pakistani Graduates
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Educational Psychology?
- Educational Researcher
- Educational Counsellor
- Community Education Officer
- Distance Learning Administrator
- Corporate Learning Analyst
What Are the Important Points To Be an Educational Psychologist?
- Education and Training
- Neuroscience and Cognitive studies
- Learning disabilities
- Development delays
- Learning techniques and processes
- Pay compensation is often insufficient.
- It becomes challenging at times when dealing with different clients.
What is Educational Psychologist Salary in Pakistan?
You can find Educational Psychology jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Trend of Educational Psychologist in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!