Written by: Aleena Hussain
In this article, you will know:
- What is Computer Science
- The computer is a machine with an interface so friendly we call it a desktop. It is the only form of technology you can carry around in your head. And it promises to make everything else easier or obsolete, from shopping to sex to keeping track of your friends. (Or making new ones.)
- Computer Science is a new field. So you could think of it as 50 years old, except that much of what Computer Science is about was discovered in the previous century, by mathematicians like Boolean and Shannon.
- Computer Science is sometimes described as the study of algorithms plus data structures. But this definition isn’t quite right either. An algorithm is just a mechanical process for solving a problem, and many fields have algorithms: you can solve quadratic equations by an algorithm you learned in high school; you can find square roots by Newton’s method, which is also an algorithm; and so on. Data structures are just ways to encode information; again there’s nothing special about computer science here.
- Today is a great day to reckon with Computer Science. The subject is too important to be left to Computer Scientists alone, as they have no real understanding of what it is.
- It seems obvious what Computer Science is. It’s the science of computers.
- Jobs of Computer Science in Pakistan
- Salary of Computer Scientist in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is Computer Science and What does Computer Scientist Do?
Those who study Computer Science are called computer scientists.
They study multimedia design, networking, and configuring data. They are involved in deciphering codes, programming languages, network development, and engineering.
Computer engineering and Information Technology are one of the highest-earning fields in Pakistan today. From mobile application to the corporate digital presentation, computers have invaded every aspect of our lifestyle.
With each rapid growth in technical support systems and smooth appearance of computing systems in our everyday mundane lives, the need for computer scientists has grown exponentially.
Computer Science graduates are eagerly sought after by web development firms, e-commerce sites, financial services, IT consultancies, aerospace, and defense departments.
Telecommunication industries, manufacturing factories, retail firms, and network administration companies hire computer scientists to manage their technical systems.
To get good jobs in this field, you must have an understanding and knowledge of machine languages and be able to log algorithms and statistical models.
Voluntary work and an array of internships are essential to moving higher in the employment sector. Field experience and an advanced degree benefit a long way.
What Are the Required Skills in Computer Science?
Innovative and versatile ideas are valued for detecting and solving problems.
Commercial skills and current market awareness is requisite for individuals seeking jobs in this field.
Numeracy and adaptability with the rapid technological changes in the computing world are necessary.
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Computer Science?
Social Media Manager:
Create, curate, and manage the digital contents of a company on social websites for effective branding, increasing sales, and reaching a targeted audience.
Design inspiring and marketing content visually for advertisements, brochures and other virtual layouts for various consumers and companies.
Makes use of technology and network programs to detect, manage, and prevent cyber threats to digital data and computer networks.
Computer Hardware Engineer:
Is an expert in technology, electronics, and engineering. Is responsible for developing and testing computer components, such as circuit boards, routers, memory devices, microchips, printers, and keyboards.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Computer Scientist?
- Computer components/Hardware
- Web page designing
- Digital data
- Mobile applications
A Master’s degree with a specialization in the following areas is preferable:
- Software engineering
- Information systems
- Electrical engineering
- Artificial intelligence
What are the Computer Scientist Salaries in Pakistan?
You can find Computer Science jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Computer Science Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours, past week etc . You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Computer Science?
|1. Abbottabad University Of Science And Technology||Abbottabad|
|2. Women University Azad Jammu &Kashmir||Bagh|
|3. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur[sub Campus]||Bahawal Nagar|
|4. The Government Sadiq College Women University||Bahawal Pur|
|5. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||Bahawal Pur|
|6. University Of Science &Technology||Bannu|
|7. Al-khair University||Bhimber|
|8. The University Of Buner||Buner|
|9. University Of Malakand||Chakdara|
|10. Bacha Khan University||Charsadda|
|11. Bahauddin Zakria University,multan[d.g.khan Campus]||D.g.khan|
|12. Gomal University||D.i. Khan|
|13. Fata University||Darra Adam Khail|
|14. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|15. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|16. Government College Women University||Faisalabad|
|17. National Textile University||Faisalabad|
|18. National University Of Computer And Emerging Sciences ( Faisalabad Campus )||Faisalabad|
|19. University Of Agriculture||Faisalabad|
|20. Karakoram International University||Gilgit|
What is the Trend of Computer Science in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂