Written by: Mohammad Abdullah Humayun
In this article, you will know:
- What is Chemistry
- We take chemistry for granted. We rarely stop to think about what it is, where it came from, or why it’s so powerful.
- There are lots of definitions of chemistry, but they all have one thing in common: they’re not very good at explaining what chemistry really is.
- When you asked a friend what the word “chemistry” means, they might have said something like, “It’s the study of matter.” And that’s true—but it’s also unsatisfying. Matter is made up of things like protons and electrons and neutrons and quarks, while chemistry is the study of all these tiny particles. So we know what matter is, but we don’t know what chemistry is? The distinction between the two blurs together until you can’t tell them apart at all.
- What about the other definition: “Chemistry is the branch of science concerned with the composition, structure, and properties of substances”? This one is better because it distinguishes between two concepts: matter and science. But it still doesn’t explain how those two things relate to each other. How does science help us describe matter? Or how does matter help us do science?
- Chemistry is one of the oldest sciences in human history. The first scientific writings date back to 1500 BC. The study of chemistry has evolved into many branches today including inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, materials science and physical chemistry.
- Jobs of Chemistry in Pakistan
- Salary of Chemist in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
What is Chemistry and What Do Chemist Do?
Basically, this subject deals with how substances react with each other. This information is then utilized for the benefit of human beings.
It is a very challenging and versatile field. A career in chemistry usually starts after F.Sc. You must have done matriculation and F.Sc in science subjects to pursue this field.
After that, for graduation, you can choose either one among many different fields requiring professionals having expertise related to chemistry.
The door is then open for post-graduation and higher qualifications as you rise up the ladder of success.
What Are the Required Skills in Chemistry?
Excellent analytical skills are also essential as even the slightest of mistakes while conducting an experiment can jeopardize the result of that experiment.
Patience and determination are vital because often you do not get your desired results, but you must not lose heart and keep trying.
A career in chemistry sometimes involves working in far off places in rugged conditions, so a strong attitude will benefit you in this field.
These are the skills that are lacking in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Chemistry?
Chemical engineers work in different industries like paint industry, garments industry, soap industry, etc. Basically, they are involved in the production of every synthetic item of household and industrial use.
Biochemical engineers are concerned with integrating the knowledge of chemistry with characteristics of living organisms to produce different products. For example, they are involved in the food industry where they are tasked with checking adulteration in various food items.
Their job is to analyze the properties of different substances for research purposes. Analytical chemists study reactions of chemicals and document their different characteristics. This useful knowledge is then utilized for industrial purposes.
These professionals are mainly concerned with refining and improving petroleum products.
Their job involves measuring and monitoring pollution levels in the atmosphere and designing environmentally friendly projects.
A degree in chemistry can prove useful while pursuing nuclear sciences also.
What Are the Important Points To Be a Chemist?
Place of Work:
Furthermore, work specially in the mining and petroleum industry is often laborsome. Research work also has its pros and cons.
But if you are passionate about this subject, then you would not be bothered by these difficulties, and you will pave your way forward with hard work and determination.
What are the Chemist Salaries in Pakistan?
You can find Chemistry jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Chemistry Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours, past week etc . You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
You can also use Google Image that is a handy tool for finding jobs.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Chemistry?
|1. Abbottabad University Of Science And Technology||Abbottabad|
|2. University Of Education ( Attock Campus )||Attock|
|3. Women University Azad Jammu &Kashmir||Bagh|
|4. The Government Sadiq College Women University||Bahawal Pur|
|5. The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur||Bahawal Pur|
|6. University Of Science &Technology||Bannu|
|7. University Of Malakand||Chakdara|
|8. Bacha Khan University||Charsadda|
|9. Ghazi University||D.g.khan|
|10. University Of Education [ D.g. Khan Campus ]||D.g.khan|
|11. Gomal University||D.i. Khan|
|12. Government College University, Faisalabad||Faisalabad|
|13. Government College Women University||Faisalabad|
|14. University Of Education [ Faisalabad Campus ]||Faisalabad|
|15. Karakuram International University||Gilgit|
|16. University Of Gujrat||Gujrat|
|17. Allama Iqbal Open University||Islamabad|
|18. National University Of Science &Technology||Islamabad|
|19. Quaid-e-Azam University||Islamabad|
|20. University Of Sindh||Jamshoro|
To find the Chemistry department of any university, just type Chemisrty+ university name like
What is the Trend of Chemist in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂