Do you know pharmacists are medication experts than the doctors?
In foreign countries, a doctor consults with the pharmacist before prescriptions of the medicines to the patients.
In Pakistan, this trend is going to change in the next few years.
Let’s talk about Pharmacy that is also known as D Pharmacy in Pakistan. Let’s talk about its scope and much more.
- What is Pharmacy
- Preparing and dispensing drugs is called pharmacy. Pharmacy is a health profession that combines health sciences with chemical sciences and aims to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceuticals. The professional practice is becoming more clinically oriented as most of the drugs are now manufactured by pharmaceutical industries.
- Pharmacy is the art and science of combining and preparing medicinal chemicals and drugs, maintaining quality control standards in compounding medications, and training in the management of patients who are on drug therapy.
- Pharmacists are health professionals who, in cooperation with physicians, help patients use medications safely and effectively to achieve the best possible therapeutic outcomes.
- Today’s pharmacists not only dispense prescription medications, but also manage patient information and educate patients about their treatment.
- Many pharmacists have special interests in areas such as geriatric pharmacy, oncology pharmacy, natural products/herbal remedies, nuclear pharmacy, nutrition support pharmacy, pharmaceutical care, pharmacokinetics (the study of how drugs are absorbed into the body), pharmacotherapy (the study of drug therapy) or toxicology (the study of poisons).
- In addition to community pharmacies (independently owned retail pharmacies; corporate-owned chain drug stores; supermarkets; hospital outpatient pharmacies), hospitals (general medical-surgical hospitals; children’s hospitals; psychiatric hospitals), ambulatory clinics (health maintenance organizations; home health agencies; long-term care facilities), managed care organizations (health maintenance organizations; preferred provider organizations).
- Required Skills for Pharmacy
- Branches of Pharmacy
- Important Points
- Pharmacist Jobs in Pakistan
- Salary of Pharmacists in Pakistan
- Admissions in Pharmacy in Pakistan
- Trend of Pharmacy
Pharmacy is the science and technique of preparing, dispensing, and reviewing drugs and providing additional clinical services.
Pharmacists study chemical substances which can induce therapeutic effects in living organisms in particular and humans in general.
They also study the effects of these chemicals on the environment.
They work for research institutes, pharmaceutical companies, governments, private hospitals, etc.
Studying the side effect profile of different drugs is a significant aspect of this work.
From these studies, new drugs are designed which have better therapeutic effects and minimal side effects compared to existing drugs.
With the advancement in research scope of pharmacology has increased many folds.
Pharmaceutical companies are always competing against each other to introduce better drugs with relatively sound side effects profile compared to existing drugs.
To enter this field, a degree in pharmacology is necessary.
Many pharmacists possess Ph.D. degrees in their fields and many years of experience working in a health university or pharmaceutical company.
Pharmacists usually gain experience and expertise in a specialized field, for example, cardiology, Gastrointestinal system, neurological system, etc.
During education work experience with a pharmaceutical company can speed up your career.
If Ph.D. is acquired in the relevant field then chances of professional success are increased many folds.
What Are the Required Skills in Pharmacy?
Good Data analysis and information handling skills are critical so that definitive conclusions can be drawn from experiments, and an effective report can be made.
Strong leadership skills are a must to ensure effective coordination between all the members of the team. Sound analytical skills are also essential in order to get maximum results from experiments conducted.
Knowledge of research methodology is also required so that research can be put forward for publication in reputable journals.
This aspect is very vital in the career of pharmacologists. The process of drug development is a very long one. Many problems are encountered during this course.
Only a person with sound scientific knowledge and practical skills is capable of solving these problems. Basic know-how IT and computers are also necessary to tabulate collected data.
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Pharmacy?
- Clinical Pharmacologist
What Are the Important Points for a Pharmacist?
Health and Medicine, Laboratory science, research, food technology, biology, physics, chemistry
- Minimum Academic Requirement
Graduation is necessary for the relevant field. Many organizations demand Masters with practical experience.
- Working Hours
Pharmacists usually work during office hours, but sometimes they have to oversee experimental work in evenings.
- Place of Work
Normally pharmacists have to work in laboratories, but sometimes they have to travel to collect samples.
Laboratory work can seem monotonous. Moreover, pharmacists often have to conduct experiments with toxic chemicals detrimental to health.
What are the Pharmacist Salaries in Pakistan?
Here you can see the salaries of pharmacists in different institutions in Pakistan
You can find Pharmacy Jobs in Pakistan from
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Pharmacist Jobs in Pakistan?
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Pharmacy?
What is the Trend of Pharmacist in Pakistan?
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂