Are you looking for the scope of Microbiology in Pakistan?
Want to know about
- What Microbiology is
- Microbiology Jobs in Pakistan
- Microbiology Salaries in Pakistan
- Find Out This Field is a Match for You
And much more?
- What is Microbiology
- Required Skills for Microbiology
- Branches of Microbiology
- Important Points
- Microbiologist Jobs in Pakistan
- Salary of Microbiologists in Pakistan
- Admissions in Microbiology in Pakistan
- Trend of Microbiology
What is Microbiology and What Do Microbiologists Do?
Microbiology is concerned with the study of microscopic organisms, for example, bacteria, viruses, etc.
These organisms cause certain diseases in humans and animals.
They are also involved in spoiling crops.
On the other hand, these organisms are also used in recombination DNA technology to make vaccines, synthetic hormones, certain medications, etc.
Microbiologists isolate and study these organisms. Their work is essential for many fields, for example, medicine, agriculture, environment, etc.
Qualified and expert microbiologists get job opportunities in many fields, for example, medicine, food and agriculture, dairy, environment, etc.
They are expected to garner a passion for research. Quality research work is eligible for publication in national and international scientific journals.
These publications are essential for professional growth.
One can start work as a laboratory technician after matriculation.
Side by side, further education can also be pursued in the relevant field.
To become professionally competent one should seek an additional qualification in one of the branches of biology, for example, bacteriology, virology, zoology, etc.
Masters qualification increases one’s chances of getting up in the ladder of success.
What Are the Required Skills in Microbiology?
A strong base in science is necessary to implement the scientific method in practice.
There should be a desire to work with professionals of different fields e.g agriculture, dairy, and food, etc.
For scientific experiments research techniques should be sound.
Good administrative skills are required to overlook major projects. Strong analytical skills are necessary to validate your work.
Determination is a must because sometimes one experience repeated failures while experimenting. These are not failures, in fact, they are learning steps for success.
But only a calm and patient scientific mind can recognize that.
And do you know 77% of Employers Not Happy with the Quality of Pakistani Graduates
These are the skills that lack in fresh graduates in Pakistan
- Verbal Communication (83.63%)
- Positive Attitude (71.93%)
- Team Working (64.91%)
- Critical Thinking (59.06%)
- Self Confidence (59.06%)
- Written Communication (57.31%)
- Drive &Resilience (57.31%)
- Stress Tolerance (47.37%)
- Adaptability (46.20%)
- Time Management (45.61%)
- Self-Awareness (45.03%) and Planning &Organizing (45.03%)
- Integrity (43.86%)
What Are the Career Prospects of Microbiology?
- Research Microbiologist
They are concerned with conducting experiments in order to solve a major problem pertaining to microbes. For example, scientists working on a vaccine, scientists working to enhance dairy production, etc. Good research skills are a must in this field.
- Clinical Microbiologist
They are usually associated with a hospital or clinic. Their work is to study organisms causing certain infections in general public and detection, isolation and treatment of these microbes.
- Patent Examiner
They ensure copyright protection of a new drug, vaccine, etc.
- Pharmaceutical Salesperson
They sell relevant information and products to pharmaceutical companies, research institutes etc.
- Clinical Biochemist
They study body fluids for example blood, urine, cerebrospinal fluid etc in order to isolate disease-causing organisms present in these body fluids so that diagnosis can be made.
Their work is to study the immune system of body and design novel drugs that work to enhance the immune system rather than treating a condition by a synthetic drug. Immunologists have good growth opportunities in hospitals, health research institutes, pharmaceutical companies etc.
Their job is to study poisons produced by certain microorganisms and their impact on living beings.
What Are the Important Points for a Microbiologist?
- Academic Requirements
Minimum Graduation is must in the concerned field. Some organizations require Ph.D. or even Mphil also.
- Working Hours
Microbiologists usually work in office hours however sometimes they have to work evenings and weekends to supervise research and experiments etc
- Place of Work
Usually, a microbiologist is confined to the lab. However, they have to travel to different places too in order to collect samples.
Research is often done in isolation. It can seem repetitive. The competition is very tough and it gets tougher as one climbs up the ladder of success.
What are the Microbiologists Salaries in Pakistan?
The salary of a Microbiologist goes from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 30,000 as a starter in Pakistan.
Here you can see the salary for microbiologists if you land in a good company.
You can find Microbiology Jobs in Pakistan from
Here is the sector-wise salary in Pakistan, data taken from LUMS Prospectus that is a prestigious university in Pakistan.
- Health Care (Rs. 100,000 per month)
- FMCG (Rs. 85,571 per month)
- Home Appliances (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Engineering (Rs. 75,000 per month)
- Group/Conglomerate (Rs. 71,676 per month)
- IT/Technology (Rs. 61,676 per month)
- Textile (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Transport (Rs. 55,000 per month)
- Banking/Financial (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Consulting (Rs. 52,042 per month)
- Manufacturing (Rs. 50,000 per month)
- Packaging (Rs. 50,000 per month)
What is the Future of Microbiologist Jobs in Pakistan?
When you type the pharmacist jobs in Pakistan, you can also write your city name instead of Pakistan to find the jobs.
Go to Tool>Select Within 24 Hours. You will be the first to apply for the job hence more chances for the job getting in the industry.
It clearly shows the Microbiology has a scope in Pakistan. Search the job in your city, if you think there are no jobs in your city, then you should not go for this field if you can’t go to other cities.
What are the Universities in Pakistan Offering Admissions in Microbiology?
These are the universities that are offering Microbiology in Pakistan.
1. Abbottabad University Of Science And Technology Abbottabad
2. Gomal University D.i. Khan
3. Government College University, Faisalabad
4. University Of Agriculture Faisalabad
5. University Of Haripur Haripur
6. Hazara University [havellian Campus] Havelian
7. Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad
8. Quaid-e-azam University Islamabad
9. University Of Sindh Jamshoro
10. Federal Urdu University Of Arts Science &Technology, Karachi
11. University Of Karachi
12. Shah Abdul Latif University Khair Pur
13. Kohat University Of Science &Technology Kohat
14. Government College University, Lahore
15. Hazara University Mansehra
16. Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan Mardan
17. Women University Mardan Mardan
18. Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
19. University Of Okara
20. Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University Peshawar
21. University of Punjab, Lahore
In order to find the Microbiology department of any university, just type Microbiology + university name like
Moreover, you can call them.
What is the Trend of Microbiologists in Pakistan?
Google has created an amazing tool called Google Trend that shows the searches being done by the people living in the country or city.
I am searching do people search Microbiologist in Pakistan? If so, which province or city.
Here you can see it all.
What does it mean? It shows people are actively searching for the microbiologists in Pakistan from the past 12 months.
This data from Google Trend is interesting because the people of Khyper and Sindh are more interested in the occupation Micribogist than Punjab.
Did you like the article? Do you feel something is missing in the article that I should write about? Leave your comment below, it means a lot to me 🙂
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!