I know you must be feeling frustrated because you want to take the FBISE improvement exam, and you want to know the rules either you should take the exam or not.
According to a notification from the FBISE, students who have completed their SSC/HSSC or equivalent can improve their grades in certain subjects within four years. They can do this multiple times before getting a higher qualification. This also applies to students from previous years who have not yet passed higher exams or completed four years. They can also benefit from this policy.
Grammar Tip: The student takes the exam, and the teacher gives the exam.
Without wasting your time, let’s talk about the rules.
HERE ARE 07 FBISE IMPROVEMENT RULES:
1. HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES DO I HAVE TO IMPROVE?
Have you passed your 10th class or 12th class annual or supplementary exams?
If yes, you are eligible for the improvement exam.
If you have failed in any of the subjects, you do not qualify until you pass the exams.
Moreover, you have only one opportunity to take the improvement exam.
You can take the improvement exams on two occasions:
1. In September (For SSC) and October (For HSSC)
2. With Annual Exams of SSC or HSSC
Improvement Fee Structure 2023
2. ARE HIGHER MARKS COUNTED OR LOWER MARKS?
In simple words, your improved marks will be counted if you succeed to get higher marks than your previous result.
What if you get low marks than your previous exam?
Your higher marks will be counted that you have got in your previous exam.
3. CAN DIFFERENT BOARD STUDENTS APPLY?
If you belong to Punjab Board or any other boards of Pakistan, you are not eligible for the improvement exams.
Only students of Federal Board are allowed to take the improvement exams for FBISE SSC and HSSC.
4. FOR HOW MANY SUBJECTS CAN I TAKE IMPROVEMENT?
You can make improvements as many subjects as you want. You are not limited to two subjects as it was the case with the previous FBISE rules.
After passing HSSC-II Examination (or SSC-II Examination), Candidate may appear for improvement of marks/grade in the course he/she studied within a period of one year as an ex-candidate in (a) any number of paper/subject(s) (b) all papers of part-I only ( c) all papers of part-ii only (d) all papers of part-I &II. The candidates appearing in any subject (both the papers) involving practical examination shall appear in the practical examination as well. However, candidate neither requires nor can appear in practical if he/she is appearing in a paper of a subject or any one part of the examination. There is only one chance for improvement of marks/grade.
For example, you have passed 12th class. You can pick any number of subjects from 11th class and 12th class—even you can take all subjects at once for both class—and can improve the marks.
That being said, you can improve the marks within one year of passing the examination. If you have passed SSC or HSSC in 2019, you have to take in 2020. There is no 2021 or 2022 opportunity.
You will not take the practice exams if you appear in one part of the subject.
It means you will only take the improvement exams if you appear in both parts of the subject.
For example, you want to improve your 11th Class Chemistry only, now you don’t need to take your practical exam.
But if you improve 11th Class and 12th Class chemistry at the same time, you need to take the practical exam.
6. WHICH SYLLABUS SHOULD I PREPARE FROM THE IMPROVEMENT EXAMS?
7. CAN 9TH AND 11TH CLASS STUDENTS TAKE THE IMPROVEMENT EXAMS?
If you have done 9th class, and studying in 10th class, and you want to improve your exams, then you are not eligible until you pass 10th class.
BONUS: HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IMPROVEMENT EXAMS STEP BY STEP
Here are 10 FAQs based on the information you provided:
- What is the FBISE Improvement 2023? The FBISE Improvement 2023 is an opportunity for students who have completed their SSC or HSSC exams to improve their grades/marks by reappearing in the exams.
- How many chances do students get to improve their grades/marks? Students get one opportunity to reappear for improvement of grade/marks.
- How long do students have to apply for improvement after the FBISE Result? After the FBISE Result, a student may only have 30 days to apply.
- What happens if a candidate succeeds in improving his/her grade/marks? If a candidate succeeds in improving his/her grade/marks, then a fresh FBISE Result Card shall be issued to him/her without surrendering the previous Result Card.
- How many subjects can a candidate reappear in for improvement? Candidates can reappear in up to two subjects/papers of their choice or Part-I or Part-ll or both the parts/entire examination, as the case may be, within one year of passing the relevant exam.
- Where can I find the Improvement Form? You can download the Improvement Form from www.fbise.edu.pk.
- What are some reasons why an Admission Form may be rejected? An Admission Form may be rejected if it is not correctly filled in, if any required information is lacking, if it is not submitted within the stipulated time, if the candidate does not fulfil the conditions of eligibility for the Examination, or if it has not been submitted within the due date even though the fee has been deposited in time.
- When will the FBISE Improvement result 2023 be published? After the board official does the re-checking, the FBISE Improvement result 2023 will be published.
- How can I check my federal board improvement result by name or roll number? To check your federal board improvement result by name or roll number, go to the FBISE Official Website (www.fbise.edu.pk), click on FBISE Improvement Result, select your examination name (SSC 1, SSC 2, HSSC 1, HSSC 2), enter your name or roll number and click on submit.
- What is the time period for candidates to appear in any higher examination held by a Board or University after passing SC/HSSC exam? Candidates will get a full one year from passing the SC/HSSC exam before appearing in any higher examination held by a Board or University.