KIPS 9th Class Physics Notes For Chapter 8 (With PDF) is a resource for students who want to learn about the thermal properties of matter. The notes explain the concepts of heat, temperature, thermometry, thermal equilibrium, heat capacity, latent heat, and linear expansion. The notes also include diagrams, examples, exercises, and short questions with answers. The notes are based on the syllabus of the Punjab Board and are available in PDF format for free download or online viewing.
You can find the notes from the following link: KIPS 9th Class Physics Notes For Chapter 8 (With PDF).
9th Class Physics Notes of KIPS (of all 9 Chapters) have been uploaded here on Top Study World you can download notes with ease in one place.
Previously: Chapter 7: Gravitational (9th Class KIPS Notes)
Do you belong to Federal Board, Lahore Board, Faisalabad Board, Rawalpindi Board, Sargodha Board, Wah Board? Then these notes are helpful.
Click the below link to download the PDF directly.
Title: Thermal Properties of Matter
Chapter: 8th Chapter of 9th Class Physics
FileSize: 4.51 MB
Tips How to Download or See the Below Images:
1. Click any heading of the table of the content, you will be redirected to the place without leaving the current windows.
2. If you want to the full size of an image, right click, then open in a new tab if you’re using Windows. If you’re using a smartphone, hold for a second on any image, then open the image in the new tab.
KIPS MCQs OF CH# 8
KIPS SHORT QUESTIONS OF CH# 8
1. Define heat
2. Define thermometry and temperature
3. Define internal energy.
4. Define thermal equilibrium
5. Define thermometer.·
6. Write down the conversions of thermometer scales.
7. Write down the conversions of thermometer scales.
8. Define heat capacity.·
9. Define latent heat of fusion.
10. Define latent heat of vaporization.
11. What is linear Expansion?
12. What is volume expansion?
13. Write down some consequences of thermal expansion.
14. Write down some applications of thermal expansion.
15. What do you know about bimetallic strip (thermostat)?
16. Write down some examples of expansions of solids.
17. While constructing bridges, one end of the beam is placed on rollers. Explain why?
18. What is the difference between the specific heated latent heat of a material?
19. Why temperature of a substance does not change while it is changing its state from solid. to liquid?
The Short Questions With Answers in the Below Images
KIPS LONG QUESTIONS OF CH# 8
1. What is thermometer? Explain its different types.
2. What is specific heat? Explain with examples and derive the mathematical formula.
3. Explain the importance of large specific heat capacity of water.
4. Define heat capacity. Derive its mathematical formula and write down an activity to explain it.
5. Explain with a:n activity the change of state.
6. Define latent heat of fusion and write down its mathematical formula.
7. Define latent heat of vaporization. Write its mathematical formula.
8. Define evaporation. On what factor speed of evaporation depend? Explain.
9. What is thermal expansion? Explain on the basis of kinetic molecular theory.
10. What is linear Expansion? On What factors it depend on? Derive its mathematical formula.
11. What is volume expansion? On what factors it depend on? Drive its mathematical formula.
12. Write down the consequences of thermal expansion.
13. Write down the applications of thermal expansion.
14. Explain the thermal expansion of liquid.
Long Questions with Answers in the Below Images
KIPS TEXTBOOK EXCERCISE OF CH# 8
1. Water freezes at
2. Normal human body.temperature is
3. Mercury is used as thermometric material because it has
4. Which of the following material has large specific heat?
5. Which of the following material has a large value of temperature coefficient of linear expansion?
6. What will be the value of p for a solid for which a has a value of 2 x 10·5 K”1′!
7. A large water reservoir keeps the temperature of nearby Jand moderate due to:
8. Which of the following affects evaporati.on?
1. Why does heat flow from hot body to cold body’?
2. Define the term heat and temperature.
3. What is meant by internal energy of a body?
4. How docs heating affect the motion of molecules of a gas?
5. What is thermometer? Why mercury is preferred as thermometric substance?
6. Explain the volumetric thermal expansion.
7. Define specific heat. How would you find the specific heat of a solid?
8. Define and explain latent heat of fusion.
9. Define latent heat of vaporization.
The MCQs, and Short Questions of TextBook With Answers In the Below Images
KIPS SOLVED NUMERICALS OF CH# 8
1. Temperature of the water in: beaker is 50° C. What is its value in Fahrenheit?
2. Normal human body temperature is 98.6° F. Convert it into Celsius and Kelvin scale
3. Calculate the increase in the length of an aluminum bar of 2m long when heated from 0° to 20° C. If the thermal coefficient of linear expansion of aluminum is 2.5 x 10 power 5 K-1
4. How much beat is required to increase the temperature of 0.5 kg of water from 10° C to 65° C.
5. An electric heater supplies heat at the rate of 1000 joules per second. How much time is required to raise the temperature of 200 g of water from 20° C to 90° C?
6. How much ice will melt by 50000 J of heat? Latent heat of fusion of ice = 336000 Jk·g 1
7. Find the quantity of heat needed to melt 100 g of ice at -10° C to 10° C.
8. How much heat is required to change 100 g of water at 100° C into steam?
9. Find the temperature of water after passing 5 of steam at 100° C through 500 g of water at l0° C.
10. A balloon contains 1.2 m3 of air at 15° C. J. Find its volume at 40° C. Thermal
The Numerical With Solution in the Below Images
The material presented here is to help students and only for the educational purpose.