By Aleena Hussain
Surely every student in Pakistan has heard the name of the Punjab University one time or another.
To fill your curiosity, read below the Admission Criteria for Punjab University!
University of Punjab
Punjab University is one of the oldest and most renowned educational establishment of Pakistan. It was formed by the British Government in 1882.
Spread over multiple campuses across the province of Punjab, this prestigious university has served many noteworthy alumni who have raised the name of Pakistan globally including the Nobel Prize laureates.
This auspicious academia has over 13 faculties and 83 departments and several constituent colleges. It has been consistently ranked high by the QS World University Rankings and by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
1. Admission Process for Punjab University:
You can apply at the University of Punjab both online and manually.
Register yourself at the admission portal of the University’s official webpage.
Provide all your necessary personal and academic information.
Take a printout of the form.
Send in the admission form and the attested copies of the required documents to the admission office of the University.
2. Eligibility Criteria for Punjab University:
Note: The eligibility criteria differ for different courses and programs and you can check it in detail from the University’s website.
For Undergraduate Programs:
- A minimum of 60% marks in Intermediate (in subjects of Pre-medical/Pre-engineering) for Pharm-D and Engineering programs.
- It is compulsory to appear in the Pre-admission Entry Test.
- The applicants belonging to Foreign/GB/AJK/KPK/Sindh and Balochistan categories are exempted from the admission entry test.
- You are ineligible to apply if you have 3rd division marks in your Intermediate level examination.
- You must not be more than 24 years of age to apply for Undergraduate programs.
- For general degree programs, you should have a minimum of 2nd division or more marks in your Intermediate level examination to apply.
For MA/MSc Programs:
- You should not be more than 26 years of age to apply.
- Should have completed 14 years of education (BS/BSc/BA).
- Should have at least 2nd division or more marks in your Bachelor’s degree.
- The admission entry test is compulsory for all students applying on the basis of any category (reserved seats).
- The merit will be formed on the basis of 70% of academic qualifications and 30% from the entry test result.
- For admission in the College of Arts and Design, the merit weightage is 50% for academic qualification and 50% for the Entry Test result.
For MS/M.Phil/PhD Programs:
- Should have completed 16 years of education for admission in MS/M.Phil.
- Should have completed 18 years of education for admission in PhD.
- Should have 1st division (70%) of result and minimum of 3.0 out of 4.0 CGPA when applying for PhD.
- Admission entry test of the GRE Test is obligatory for all.
3. Reserved Seats in Punjab University:
Admission seats are reserved for candidates belonging to any of the below categories:
- Disabled persons
- Students from other areas of Pakistan other than Punjab
- Children of Martyrs