By Aleena Hussain
Want admission to the country’s top-notch engineering university?
Why not apply to FAST University?
We have covered the Admission Criteria for FAST for your ease!
1. FAST University
The National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (NUCES) is widely known as the Foundation of Advancement of Science and Technology (FAST).
FAST-NU is a private federally chartered university established in 2000. It has been repeatedly ranked high in the category of Computer Science and Information Technology by the HEC.
It is Pakistan’s first university that expanded to multiple campuses. The main campus is in Islamabad and the sub-campuses are in Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, and Chiniot-Faisalabad.
FAST University currently holds up to 12,000 student bodies in various degree programs. It is well distinguished for its high graduate employability in notable multinational IT companies and the support of entrepreneurship and startups.
2. FAST University Admission:
- You have to apply online ONLY at the official webpage of the FAST University within the admission deadline as announced in the advertisements.
- Upload the scanned required documents and pay the admission application processing fee at the mentioned bank branch.
- Select the venue and time of the entry test.
- Appear for the entry test and interview round (if called) and then wait for the merit list.
- The foreign national candidates have to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) issued by the Ministry of Education Government of Pakistan.
3. FAST Eligibility Criteria:
When applying at FAST University, keep in mind the eligibility criteria. You need to have a minimum of:
- 60% marks in Matric/O-Level
- 60% marks in Intermediate/A-Level
- 50% marks or 2.0 out of 4.0 CGPA in Undergraduate degree (when applying for Master’s program)
- 70% marks or 3.0 out of 4.0 CGPA in Postgraduate degree (when applying for Ph.D. program)
- You need to score at least 50% marks in the FAST entry test or the NTS test.
4. FAST Admission Test:
The FAST admission test is computer-based. It is of 2-3 hours and the syllabus varies depending upon the category of test subjects/sections you have selected while filling out the admission form.
Try to choose the subjects that you have a firm grasp on.
5. FAST Admission Selection Standard:
The merit list is formulated on the basis of 50% of Intermediate (FSC/A-Level)marks and the rest 50% on the basis of the admission test attempted by the applicant.
If the complete result of Intermediate is awaited then the marks of Matric/O-Level are considered.
6. SAT Tests
If you have taken the SAT exams, then you need to score more than 1000 points or higher to be noticeable.
Applicants should have a minimum of 550 scores in their SAT-II (Mathematics Level IIC) exam.
You need to have a combined score of SAT-1 of 1500 or more to gain admission at this prestigious institute.
7. NTS-NAT Exam:
For those who have taken the NST/NAT exam, their cut-of marks will be determined by the FAST University.
We have already covered How to Get Admission in FAST! Check it out!