All You Need to Know About MCAT& MDCAT
Are you looking for a gateway to lead you towards the designation where you can hang a stethoscope around your neck while serving the patients? Reaching the destination is a step by step process. You cannot step on the last step while ignoring the first one so; here we have the complete information regarding that first step for you.
What is MDCAT?
MDCAT is the first step towards destiny. It is a type of entrance test that is conducted by the University of health sciences for students who wish to join medical universities for the degree of MBBS and BDS. An aspirant can get herself/himself enrolled in any of the public sector and private medical universities based on this test after passing intermediate examinations.
This test is of prime importance on which no compromise can be done. The most vital purpose behind designing this test is to access candidates’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and knowledge of scientific principles.
Related: ACCA VS BBA
However, before moving forward towards the further information in this regard, you must inculcate a clear picture in your mind about the eligibility criteria before getting yourself registered for the test.
Each year some 85,000 aspirants attempt this test while there are some 3405 open merit seats in public sector medical colleges and some 216 open merit seats in Public sector dental colleges of Punjab.
Moreover, dual nationality holders and foreigners can also apply. 76 seats are reserved for overseas Pakistanis. They do not have to pay any extra fees on these seats. While the fee for a foreigner is around 10,000/ year which is far less than the other national or international universities.
Candidates Who Are Eligible for the Test:
- Candidate must have at least 70% marks in F.Sc (Pre-medical).
- Furthermore, candidates who are waiting for their result of F.Sc (Pre-medical) based on previous year marks with the optimism of securing 70% or above marks once the result declares.
- Candidate must pass MDCAT with at least 60% marks.
- Aspirants with the domicile of any of the districts of Punjab, federal sector of Islamabad, or Pakistanis living in the foreign nations can apply for the registration of the MDCAT test.
Now examine your position and if you are qualifying the eligibility criteria move towards the next step and get yourself registered. Hurry Up! Now it’s your turn to win the ground.
MDCAT Registration Process and Fee Structure 2020
As far as the Application form is concerned it is non-reversible, meaning once submitted cannot be restored. That is why form should be filled properly and correctly with great care. One ID Card Number or Passport Number is valid for one candidate.
More than one form, being applied on a single ID Number would be dismissed. Moreover, students falling on the merit list would be eligible to get admission in any of the Public sector universities in Punjab and Private sectors all over Pakistan.
Instructions to follow for filling out the Registration Form
- 2MB colored photograph must be there with students that should not be old for more than 2 months.
- Since the form cannot be restored it’s mandatory or better for the applicants to review it again once it is filled, by pressing the preview button.
- Once you are satisfied and have provided all the demanded details correctly, click the submit button to submit the form.
- After that, it’s better to immediately take the print of the submitted form.
- After the submission candidate’s roll number would be generated on the screen in this format UHS-125678943.
- Now take the printed form and submit it along with the registration fee 1,300/- in any of the branches of The Bank of Punjab, all over the country.
- Now must take the applicant’s copy of the Fee slip from the bank.
- Within 72 hours after the submission of the Application form and Fee, students would be informed about their admittance card and Examination center via SMS or E-mail.
- Students are advised to take the print of the admittance card and keep it with them carefully to get appeared in the center unrestricted.
Ultimately, the registration procedure has been completed. Now, what should you know in the next step? Yes! Pretty right….You should be aware of the documents that you are required to bring with you at the time of the test/ upload with the Application Form.
- National identity card (Computerized)
- Result Card of Matriculation
- Result Card of F.Sc (Pre-Medical)
- Students awaiting the Result of Part-II may only provide the Result Card of Part-I
- Latest Coloured Photograph in the Soft Form
MBBS Admission Procedure 2020
MBBS Admissions open every year in Pakistan year in July/August but Admitting University will announce the date of the exam this year. Implementation of the Centralized Entry Test system is going to be carried out this year. A centralized Entry Test would be conducted by PMDC throughout the country on the same date under the supervision of respective official authorities 2020.
The Applications and Registration would be carried out through Admitting University (University responsible for conducting the Centralized Entry Test for securing admission in MBBS or BDS degree in Public Sector universities or Private Medical Colleges/Universities).
Related: Are ACCA Exams Hard
After completing the whole procedure of registration and filling the Application Form, be optimistic, and start studying hard to reach the destination.
MDCAT is the first step for Admission to Medical College. If you want to secure your seat in MBBS you need an extraordinary study strategy. I’ll share with you everything that you need to know for a better understanding and preparation for the test.
In the earlier meetings of the Pakistan Medical and dental council, PMDC they have decided that Tests must be conducted. MDCAT will never be canceled. It will be conducted, sooner or later so keep preparing for MDCAT.
This decision has been taken in the meeting of Vice-chancellors of UHS, NUMS, KMU, and LUMHS.
Pakistan Medical and Dental Council have set up no minimum or maximum age limit for candidates who want to appear in the test.
Yes, it is true. I saw a case where a 30-year-old girl took the MDCAT and was able to take the admission in government medical college. What a passion she had!
Choice of the Center in Lahore (Punjab)
There are certain centers for the conduction of MDCAT, selected by the University of Health Sciences, mentioned below:
1. University of Punjab (Quaid I Azam Campus – New Campus)
Wahdat Road, P.O. Box No. 54590, Lahore.
Ph. # 0092-42-99231099
2. University of Education
College Road, Township Block C, Phase 1 Johar Town.
Ph. # +92-42-99262211
3. Lahore College for Women University (LCW)
Near Wapda Flats، Jail Road, Jubilee Town.
Ph. # +92-42-99203801-9
4. Govt. Postgraduate College for Women
College Road, New Samanabad Town.
Ph. # 04237587565
5. Govt. Comprehensive School
6. Govt. Central Model School
Ph. # +92 – 42 – 37239962
7. Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Examination Hall
49-A Lawrence Road, Jubilee Town.
Ph. # +92 42 99200192-197
Programs You Can Take Admission in:
You couldn’t get admission in MBBS/BDS is the world over for you? No! No. if one door closes the other opens always. That is why if you could not get admission to MBBS/BDS don’t lose heart. There are a lot of other options in the Medical Field. These fields are appended below:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D
- BS in Diet and Nutrition
- BS Medical Laboratory Technology
- BS Vision Sciences
- BS Intensive Care
- Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT)
- BS Bio-Informatics
- BS Bio-Medical Engineering
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Genetics
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Emergency & Intensive Care Sciences
- Nuclear Medicine
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech & Language Pathology
- Sc Hons Agriculture
Medical Colleges/Universities in Pakistan
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore
- King Edward Medical University, Lahore
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
- Fatima Jinnah Medical College, Lahore
- Nishtar Medical College, Multan
- Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi
- Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad
- Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur
- Sheikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan
- Sargodha Medical College, Sargodha
- Nawaz Sharif Medical College, Gujarat
- Sahiwal Medical College, Sahiwal
- Khawaja Mohammad Safdar Medical College, Sialkot
- G Khan Medical College, D.G Khan
- Gujranwala Medical College, Gujranwala
MDCAT Books/syllabus 2020
MDCAT Books are very vital for preparation. Here are some of the Best UHS MDCAT Books 2020.
- Physics Punjab Text Book Board
- Biology (Most Important Part)
- Most importantly (the past papers)
Format of MDCAT:
There will be a total of 200 multiple-choice questions. Interestingly, there is no negative marking in the Medical and dental colleges (MDCAT) Entry test. This complete four subject pattern is;
There are a total of 120 MCQs and each MCQs carries 1 mark. The time allowed is 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes for 200 MCQs). 60% marks are considered the passing marks in the test but at the time of aggregation and admission in the relevant medical university 50% would be counted as an aggregate. It means the aggregate is based on 50% of F.Sc (Pre-medical) and 50% of the MDCAT.
Syllabus for MDCAT:
1. Cell 2. Biological Molecules 3. Chromosomes and DNA 4. Cell Division 5. Variety of Life 6. Bioenergetics 7. Gas Exchange 8. Transport in Plants 9. Transport in Human 10. Immunity 11. Homeostasis 12. Muscles and Movement 13. Communication 14. Reproduction 15. Genetics 16. Biotechnology 17. Evolution
- Physical Chemistry
1.Fundamental Concepts 2. States of Matter 3. Atomic Structure 4. Chemical Bonding 5. Chemical Energetics 6. Electrochemistry 7. Chemical Equilibrium 8. Reaction Kinetics
1Periods 2. Groups 3. Transition Elements 4. Compounds of Nitrogen and Sulphur
- Organic Chemistry
1Fundamental Principles 2. Hydrocarbons 3. Alkyl Halides (Haloalkanes) 4. Alcohols and Phenols 5. Aldehydes and Ketones 6. Carboxylic Acids 7. Amino Acids 8. Macromolecules 9. Environmental Chemistry
1 Measurement 2. Motion and Force 3. Work, Energy, and Power 4. Circular Motion 5. Oscillation 6. Waves 7. Light 8. Heat & Thermodynamics 9. Electrostatics 10. Current Electricity 11. Electromagnetism 12. Electromagnetic Induction 13. Deformation of Solids 14. Electronics 15. Modern Physics 16. Nuclear Physics
Some Important Instructions
- Application Forms must be submitted before the due date according to the scheduled time frame.
- Submission of required documents along with the Application Form is mandatory.
- The matriculation certificate should be attested for attachment.
- A copy of the F.Sc (Pre-Medical) result card or certificate also needs attestation.
- Two colored photographs of (25cm *25 cm) are required on both forms.
- In case of inability of Matriculation certificate to clearly show your Date of Birth, it is mandatory to submit the attested copy of the Birth Certificate.
- An envelope consisting of Stamp, having A-4 size should be purchased in case of the submission via post mail.
- You need four recent colored photographs (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). One will be attached to the application form and attested to the front. The other three should be attested on the back and attach them.
- You must have an attested copy of domicile certificate.
- In the case of Hafiz-a-Quran, you will provide a certificate from the registered Madrassa.
Tips for Preparing the Test:
Know these skills to score high.
- Textbooks are the prime sources for the preparation.
- Self-study is the primary source to grasp the syllabus in a very short time.
- Don’t be affected by the daily statements and news feed. Just feel comfortable, pay great attention to your study, and wait for the official notices.
- Build-in yourself the habit of writing the concepts, narrated by the teacher and if feasible paste that page on the door or window of the room so that every time you enter, your eyes can get contact with them to remember the concepts.
- Fresh candidates should not feel the burden of anything. They are encouraged to tackle the problems with courage and attention and never get confused.
- Interestingly, F.Sc and MCAT are poles apart. There is a distinguishable difference between both so it needs hard work with patience and courage.
- Inculcate this thing in your mind that you are above all. Nothing is impossible in the world. What others can pursue why don’t you? Just keep on working with determination and dedication. Time will give you your reward.
- Past papers for the preparation of MCAT should be encouraged to study for better conception and understanding of the criteria of the exam.
- On a priority basis keep on remembering ALLAH Almighty because only His sovereignty is prevailing all around and by His “Be” it would be done.
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!