By Saba Khaliq
University of Central Punjab, Lahore is a project of the Punjab Group of Colleges (PGC), a leading educationist in Pakistan for decades.
UCP started working officially in April 2002 with a mission to establish an institute for imparting education at par with international standards and national needs. The institute became the first private sector university in Punjab that acquired the status of a degree-awarding institution.
Faculties / Departments
Over the years, UCP has bagged an exceptional status through its competitive graduates. Initially confined to a handful of disciplines, it has added multiple faculties in just a couple of decades.
- UCP Business School
- School of Accounting & Finance
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- School of Media and Communication Studies
- Mass Communication and Research
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Sciences
Admission Criteria and Eligibility
So far, the university looks very promising. So, have you made your mind to apply here? Then, let’s have a look at the admission criteria and eligibility essentials!
- The University of Central Punjab accepts applications for two sessions in a year i.e., spring and fall. So, the candidates get a considerable margin all year round.
- However, some faculties only accept admissions in the fall session. These include The Faculty of Engineering, Pharmacy and Law.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to take the UCP admission test, irrespective of their chosen programs.
- For undergraduate programs, the usual criteria include having scored 45% or gaining 2nd division in Intermediate or equivalent examination from a credible institution or educational board.
- For admission in any Law program, test and interview will be conducted to shortlist a few candidates. Furthermore, students should be mindful of certain extra conditions, prescribed by HEC and PBC.
- The A-Level students will have to submit an IBCC equivalent certificate.
Steps of Admission
Now that we know about the basic eligibility criteria, let’s have a look at the steps involved in the admission process:
- Aspirants can either visit the campus in Lahore or the official website here https://admissions.ucp.edu.pk/.
- Sign up on the online admission portal, choose a program and start filling out all the details asked in the form. These include biographical, residential, and academic details.
- Upload all the required documents and a recent photograph in eligible scanned form.
- Now, submit the nonrefundable application processing fees through one of the following methods:
- Bank transfer
- Manually at the Admissions Office
- Once the application is submitted, the candidate will receive a
- Reference number
- Admission test date
- Date and venue of test and interview (if any)
- Wait for a few weeks for the display of the merit list online and the acceptance letters delivered to successful candidates..
UCP grants scholarships to the deserving students enrolled in every department. Based on the below-mentioned categories:
- Financial aid
- Extracurricular activities