BY ZARYAB AHMED
NCA Lahore is a contemporary college in Pakistan, well known for it’s a visionary approach to arts.
This institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate, M. Phil, and Ph.D. programs to students. NCA has provided a lot of alumni in different professions such as architects, musicians, artists, designers, filmmakers, and many more.
1. NCA Degree Programs for Undergraduate:
- Visual Communication Design
- Film and Design
- Fine Art
- Textile Design
- Cultural Studies
- Ceramic Designing
- Product Design
2. NCA Degree Programs for Postgraduate:
- Master of Interior Design
- Master of Visual Arts
- M.Phil and Ph.D. in Cultural Heritage Conservation and Management.
- M.Phil in Cultural Studies
- Masters in Multimedia Art
3. Admission Criteria:
- All the students applying to the university should at least have 12 years of education whether it may be FA/FSC/A levels or any other equivalent degree.
- Those students can apply only who have at least 45% marks in their intermediate, a minimum of the second division.
- Candidates are not eligible to apply if they have a third division in their intermediate.
- All the students are obliged to give the entrance test which is held separately for different fields and degree programs.
- The admission test is supposed to be given by only those candidates who have either passed the HSSC/ A level/ equivalent exams or are awaiting their results.
- For the final admission, the candidate is supposed to pass the aptitude test held by the university along with the interview.
- At the time of the first enrolment, the student is supposed to provide a certificate from the District Government Hospital proving that he/she is free from any sort of communicable disease or physical/mental disability which is likely to stand in between him/her from pursuing a certain degree at the university.
- It is to be noted that admission is held once a year and if a candidate fails to submit required documents on time or miss any sort of deadline, then his/her admission will be canceled.
4. Documents Required for Admission:
- Attested copies of Secondary School Certificate
- Attested photocopies of HSSC/Equivalent degree/Equivalence Certificate
- The candidate’s Domicile Certificate
- 5 recent, attested passport-sized photographs of the candidate
- A certificate with the detail of marks obtained
- Bank draft as applicable
- The candidate’s National Identity Card copy
- Affidavit of father’s/guardian’s income
- For International Students, pages 1-5 of Passport.
5. Admission Tests for Various Degrees:
NCA conducts admission tests or aptitude tests for various degrees in different provinces of Pakistan.
6. Department of Fine Arts and Faculty of Design:
Students are supposed to pass this test and achieve high grades in the drawing. The overall admission criteria remain the same which is 45% marks in HSSC or any other equivalent degree.
Candidates applying for architecture should pass an examination of Mathematics in addition to drawing and aptitude tests.
8. Department of Musicology, Cultural Studies, Film, and Television:
For these departments, candidates are required to give specific admission tests.
Students are required to complete and submit all the documents on time. At the time of registration, each student will be allotted a locker and a student identity card available on campus.