By Aleena Hussain
Set your eye on the top Business School of Karachi?
Want to apply?
Before you do, have a look at the Admission Criteria for IBA Karachi!
The Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi is one of the most selective, high ranking and progressive business schools of Pakistan.
IBA is one of the only two Business schools in Pakistan to be awarded the South Asian Quality System.
There is a long list of notable successful alumni of IBA. Graduates of IBA Karachi are known to score jobs with huge financial firms, banking and multinational corporations.
Currently, over 6000 students are enrolled at IBA. It has two campuses in Karachi. The Main Campus is at the University Road and the City Campus at the Garden/Kayani Shaheed Road.
Education at IBA
You have to study for 2 years at IBA before you get to choose your major in the Undergraduate program. However, those studying at the Graduate level can choose their major just after 1 year.
IBA offers degree programs at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels in the following departments:
- Accounting and Law
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences & Liberal Arts
Admission at IBA Karachi
- Admission is strictly granted on the basis of merit.
- There are no reserved or quota seats for anyone.
- IBA ONLY accepts online admission applications.
- You have to register yourself at the admission portal of the IBA at https://iba.edu.pk/.
- All the candidates have to pass the Aptitude Test to gain admission at IBA.
- You also have to participate and clear any group discussion (if required) and interview session.
- Work experience after qualification is required to gain admission to the MBA programs.
IBA Karachi Aptitude Test
The components and difficulty levels vary from course to course of the Aptitude Test. It is generally in an MCQ pattern.
For Undergraduate programs, the subjects of English and Mathematics are tested.
For Graduate programs, Essays or Specialised Discipline Tests in addition to English and Mathematics is tested.
If you have passed any of the SAT I/SAT II/GMAT/GRE tests, you can be exempted from appearing in the Aptitude Test. You just have to submit the score transcript of these tests.
IBA Admission Group Discussion
When you apply at IBA, at one admission stage, you are seated at a table with other candidates and given a topic for open-ended discussion and monitoring.
This is where you have to voice your opinions and debate in a friendly and businesslike manner.
This is done to test your communication skills, negotiating abilities, logic and reason.
IBA Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum of 65% marks in HSSC examination or A-Level with minimum 2 ‘B’s and 1 ‘C in 3 core subjects for BBA program
- Minimum of 2.5 out of 4.0 CGPA or 60% marks in the Bachelor’s degree for MBA program
We have already covered the admission process in detail! Be sure to check out our article on How to Get Admission At IBA Karachi!