Want admission in the most renowned university of Karachi?
Then hurry up and apply at the University of Karachi!
We have compiled below a step by step guide on how to get admission in the University of Karachi!
Introduction to University of Karachi
The University of Karachi is most commonly referred to as the Karachi University as it has carved for itself a niche of quality education with diverse flexible programs.
Established in 1951 over a vast 1279 acres of land, the University of Karachi has maintained its reputation as the provider of higher education to an enormous student body in various programs.
There are currently more than 41,000 students enrolled in different morning and evening programs along with 900 academic staff and 2300 supporting staff. The University of Karachi administers around 19 Research centers for the boost and benefit of students’ learning experience.
This public sector University aims at providing a comfortable learning environment under a state of the art facilities, modern laboratory equipment, well-furnished classrooms, and a digitally stocked library.
The classes in the Evening program are also held at this prestigious institute to benefit and accommodate the in-service students and professionals in their pursuit of higher education.
Moreover, the University has its own press to facilitate and publish books, journals, and research works.
In 2019, the University of Karachi was ranked at 801st position globally and 251st position in Asian Universities by the QS World University Rankings.
Among the most notable alumni of the University of Karachi are Abdul Qadeer Khan, Atta ur Rehman and Iqbal Hussain Qureshi among others.
The University of Karachi is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities of the United Kingdom and is accredited by:
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- Pakistan Engineering Council
- Pharmacy Council of Pakistan
- Pakistan Bar Council
Faculties of University of Karachi:
There are a number of main faculties you can apply in for Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree programs:
- Science (having 23 Departments and 5 research institutes)
- Islamic studies
- Management Sciences
- Arts and Social Sciences
Admissions at University of Karachi
- The admissions are announced through TV commercials and advertisements in the leading newspapers of Pakistan.
- Admissions open every year twice in the months of June/July and December/January for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- You can get the Prospectus from the admission office at the premises of the University of Karachi or get it from the specific branches in Karachi of the HBL bank during banking hours at the cost of Rs. 2,500/-:
- UBL PIDC House Branch
- UBL Nazimabad Chowrangi Branch
- UBL Main Campus at the University
- All admissions are granted on the basis of merit.
What are the required Documents for Admission at the University of Karachi?
You need to set aside the following documents when you apply for admission at University of Karachi:
- Copy of CNIC or B-form in case you are less than 18 years
- Copy of your father/guardian’s CINC
- Copy of SSC or Equivalent examination mark sheet and result Certificate
- Copy of HSSC or equivalent examination mark sheet and Certificate
- Equivalency Certificate obtained from IBCC in case of O Level/A-Level education
- Latest passport size photographs
- The uploaded documents should not be more than 3mb in storage size on the online admission application
What is the Eligibility criteria for Admission in the University of Karachi?
The eligibility criteria for admission in this prestigious institute is:
- A minimum of 50% marks in the HSSC or Equivalent examination
- A minimum of 50% marks in the Admission Entry Test
- Should have completed 12 years of education to apply in Bachelor’s program
- Should have completed 16 years of education to apply in the Master’s program
- Foreign candidates are to present all their foreign documentation
Admission process for University of Karachi
Follow the below easy breezy steps to submit your admission application at the University of Karachi:
Step 1:You need to register yourself at the University’s online Admission Portal at http://uokadmission.edu.pk. This can be done by providing your email address and CNIC or B-form number.
Step 2:You can then sign in at the Admission Portal by adding your CNIC number and the password that you received through the email you provided.
Step 3:Now you can access the admission form. Before you start filling in the admission form, you need to carefully read the admission criteria on it.
Step 4:Type in your personal information including your contact details and address, and father/guardian’s information.
Step 5:Add your previous academic record and attach the scanned documents required for admission.
Step 6:You can choose your desired programs up to 5-degree programs with the most important one as the choice 1 and onwards.
Step 7:Take out a print of the bank voucher of Rs. 2200/- of your admission application.
Step 8:Submit it in the designated bank and upload a copy of the paid fee challan on the admission form.
Step 9:Thoroughly review your admission application as once submitted, it cannot be altered. Afterward, click on the submit button to send in your admission form.
Admission criteria for Self-financed students:
The candidates applying on the basis of self-finance and as a donor should go through the following steps:
- Read the Prospectus carefully
- Fill in the Online Self-financed Admission form
- Submit the admission fee slip of about Rs. 3,000/-
- Take out the print out of the admission form
- Submit the admission form along with the copy of the payment order at the Directorate of Admission Office
- This Office is located in Room 54 on the third floor of the Admission Building, University of Karachi
What are the Admission process for applying on Reserved Seats and Open merit basis?
If you are applying on the basis of the reserved seats or on open merit basis, then you should follow the below steps:
- Click on the Admission form of the Reserved seats.
- Take out the fee voucher for Rs. 2,000/- and submit the amount in any branch of UBL bank or the designated bank mentioned.
- Fill the online admission application by adding your personal and academic information
- Attach the scanned copies of the documents required
- Attach your latest formal picture on the format of .jpg, .png, .jpeg.
- Review your admission application and click on the final submit button
How is the Admission Test conducted by the University of Karachi?
- Candidates will be issued an Admit Card after the submission of their online admission application.
- They have to bring this Admit Card along with them at the time of the admission test.
- The date, name of the Test room, and reporting time of the Admission Test will be already mentioned on the Admit Card.
- The test will be conducted within the premises of the University of Karachi.
- Mobile and any electronic devices will not be allowed inside the test center.
- You are to only bring a pencil, eraser and a sharpener with you inside the test center.
- The format of the test is based on Multiple Choice Questions.
- You can view the sample test papers of both Bachelor’s and Master’s programs at the official webpage of the University.
- The test will be of a total of 100 marks.
Admission Test format for Bachelor’s degree:
- Part 1 of the test consists of 40 marks and contains:
- General English questions (20 marks)
- IQ/General Knowledge questions including questions from Pakistan Studies (20 marks)
- Part 2 of the test consist of 60 marks and contains:
- Questions 3 subjects chosen from the subjects groups by the candidate
- Each test subject contains 20 marks
Admission Test format for Master’s degree:
Contact Information of University of KarachiIf you still have any query related to admissions at this institute, you can contact the admissions administrative staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can call at:
Tel: 021 – 9926 1300 – 06 Ext: 2479
Direct: 021 – 9926 1376