How to Get Admission in Quaid-i-Azam University?
If you’re a student in Pakistan who likes to be updated about all the competitive educational institutions in the country, then surely you must have heard about the Quaid-i-Azam University. Established in 1967 in Islamabad, the university is an international seat of learning catering students from all over Pakistan and the neighboring countries for a plethora of advanced and conventional disciplines.
The university has a total of 5,500 students enrolled in various academic programs. It has four faculties and nine other teaching and research institutes. In terms of research, the university has taken one step ahead in making worthy contributions to fields of economics, chemistry, biological sciences, etc. It has close ties with international research institutions including UNESCO, IRSIP, Agencia Espanola de Cooperacion Internationale (Spain) etc.
Who Is Eligible for Quaid-I-Azam University?
Applicants opting for undergraduate programs (Fall semester) need to have following points in mind before diving into the extensive admission process:
- All Pakistani and Foreign Nationals are invited for admission.
- A minimum of 50% score in HSSC Part-I is required for undergraduate admission.
- The HSSC Part-I result shall be verified from a Pakistani Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education or an equivalent national/international examining body.
- Students with a spotless history in terms of his / her behavior and discipline in school and college.
- Any former student – rusticated or expelled from the Quaid-i-Azam University – will not be allowed to seek admission.
Programs You Can Consider for Admission
The applicants have before them a variety of categories in which they can attain a BS degree. These categories include
- Faculty Of Natural Sciences (courses in geophysics, mathematics, IT etc)
- Faculty Of Biological Sciences (courses in biochemistry, biotechnology, zoology etc.)
- Faculty Of Social Sciences (courses in sociology, business administration, IR etc.)
How to Apply for Quaid-I-Azam University?
Let’s get started on the step-by-step process you need to follow for taking admission in this top-notch institute. Grab your pens!
- Sign up on the official website
The QAU official website has an online application portal that students can visit by typing www.qau.edu.pk. The applicant will be shown the pop-up shared below:
Click on “Apply now” and you’ll be taken to the tab that asks for signing up through email for the application process.
- Login ID and password
As soon as you sign up, an email will be dispatched to your entered email address. This bears your unique and personal login ID, password and the URL required for filling the form ahead. Star this email or jot down the id and password somewhere accessible. You’ll be needing this in many steps ahead.
- Fill the application form
The application form is well-organized and segmented into the following subsections:
Depending on the program selected at this step, applicants will be given a choice between self / regular modes of study. These vary in fee structures and time schedules. Moreover, for your feasibility, eligibility criteria for every program will also be shared right away. For instance,
- Personal info
Biographical details and contact information will be asked now. Make sure you have in your PC, mobile phone or USB a recent photograph of yours for the form.
- Academic info
At this stage, certain instructions need to be kept in mind. Candidates need to add complete academic details starting from Matric (SSC) up to their terminal degree.
The ones with foreign certificates/degrees will provide equivalence certificates and conversion of the grades into marks from HEC, Islamabad for Bachelor’s and higher-level degrees and from Inter Board Committee for Matric and Intermediate level. The ones receiving certificates/degrees from local universities/institutions will be asked for the conversion of their CGPA into marks or percentage.
- Test info
This is an exclusive or optional step only required in some programs. Tests like NAT are generally required in this phase.
Prepare your scanned copies for every document you need to provide at this stage. Make sure the copies are eligible and clear with a maximum file size of 6 MB. Note the documents with “if applicable” written alongside them. You don’t want to waste your time arranging for stuff that’s unnecessary.
The application processing fee is Rs. 2100 that is payable in HBL or Askari Bank. Download and print the fee voucher once the previous steps have been completed. Confirm the provision of all necessary documents or a leftover document fee of Rs. 1000 will be charged from you.
Candidates will be uploading a scanned copy of the original challan form once it’s paid.
The application processing fee is non-refundable.
This is a rechecking process that will display all the entries in the entire form. As the candidate verifies the credentials provided, the application form will be submitted and the process completed.
Law Admission Test (LAT) For BH.LLB Programme
Some additional steps are to be taken care of by the students aspiring to pursue this course of study.
- Get yourself registered with HEC for Law Admission Test (LAT).
- Its details are available at www.hec.gov.pk. Online registration can be done at http://www.hec.gov.pk/english/ HEC Announcements / Pages/LAT-2020.aspx.
- The applicant must pass the Law Admission Test (LAT) conducted by the HEC. bear in mind that the LAT is only for short-listing candidates for Quaid-i-Azam University and its score does not count as ultimate merit for admission.
- Cumulative merit determined from the previous academic record will formulate the merit for the university.
- Only the candidates passing the test will be considered for admission.
Every department decides and issues a unique and exclusive merit list for each program, this basically rests on the number of candidates, the HSSC average score for a year, and the tests score (if applicable). A total of 8 merit lists are shared from the start of August till the mid of September. So, you can hope to claim a place here even
when the first few ones aren’t in your favor.
The process is by far completed but some aspects need to be clarified. Once the candidate is considered for admission, owing to his position in the merit list, he/she will submit the result of HSSC part-II. A candidate failing to do so or not scoring a minimum of 50% in this test will be removed from the list of potential candidates. The result card shall be verified and attested before submission.
He is an SEO wizard and founder of Top Study World & Nafran, has been featured more times than a celebrity on Ahrefs, Semrush, Dawn News, Propakistani and dozens more. His superpower? Helping students ace their exams!