Want admission in the best engineering university of Pakistan?
Then hurry up and apply in the renowned PIEAS University!
We have formed below a comprehensive step by step guideline of how to get admission in PIEAS University!
Introduction to PIEAS
The Pakistan Institute for Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) is located in Islamabad, Pakistan. This is a public degree-awarding and research university dedicated to uplift the standard of education and provides a high quality of education and experience.
Due to its exceptional academic structure, highly equipped 40 laboratories, modern teaching methods, hands-on practical training and holistic learning environment, PIEAS has been ranked at number 1st position by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) in 2006 and 2012 in the category of Engineering and Technology.
PIEAS strives to provide a comfortable learning environment and facilities to both its students and more than 135 teaching staff members. A monthly stipend of Rs. 25,000/- is given to MS/MPhil students to aid in their education journey. Among the wide facilities includes transport, hostel accommodation, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, several conference/seminar halls, a spacious auditorium and full furnished classrooms etc.
Situated on more than 150 acres of vast land, PIEAS not only focuses on educational directions of the students but strives to inculcate the confidence and leadership qualities and skills by providing a variety of academic, internships and practical working opportunities.
The many notable alumni of PIEAS are awarded several civil awards of Pakistan, Hilal-e-Imtiaz, Sitara-e-Imtiaz, Tamgha-e-Imtiaz and Pride of Performance, for their outstanding work in the fields of education and engineering.
Admission in PIEAS
- Admissions at PIEAS open every year in June/July.
- The announcement for the admissions is made through advertisement in the leading national newspapers.
- The admission application is only to be submitted online and no hard copies by hand or post will be accepted by PIEAS.
- The Office of Registration and Examination Division (RED) is basically responsible for the admission and registration of students in PIEAS.
- The written test results will be displayed on the PIEAS official webpage 2 weeks after the Admission Test was taken.
- The results of the Interview session will be displayed 1 week after the Interview on the official website of the PIEAS.
What is the Admission Process for PIEAS?
You can apply in PIEAS by following the below easy breezy steps:
You need to register yourself at the University’s online Admission Portal at http://red.pieas.edu.pk/pieasadmission/lgn.aspx. This can be done by providing your email address, date of birth and CNIC or B-form number. You also have to select the level of degree program you want to apply in.
You can then log in at the Admission Portal by adding your CNIC number and the password that you typed in during registration.
Now you can access the admission form. Type in your personal information including your contact details and address, and father/guardian’s information.
Add your previous academic record and attach the scanned documents required for admission.
Upload your recent Passport size picture on the admission form.
The admission fee challan slip will be generated after completely filling out the admission form.
Take out a print out of the fee challan and deposit the fee in any branch of the Askari Bank across Pakistan.
Upload the copy of the paid fee challan and fill in the bank challan information on the admission form.
Thoroughly review your admission application as once submitted, it cannot be altered. Afterwards, click on the submit button to send in your admission form.
After verification of the paid fee by the Bank, you have to take out a printout of the Call Letter. The Call Letter contains the date and venue of your Admission Test.
Appear for the Admission Test as per the Call Letter and bring with you this Call Letter printout.
The results of the test will be announced for about 2 to 3 weeks afterwards. You have to keep regularly visiting your profile and the University’s official webpage for updates.
Prepare yourself and appear for the Interview discussion round.
Pay the semester enrollment fee challan.
Congratulations on your successful admission in PIEAS! Attend the Orientation ceremony and join the regular class.
What are the Documents required for Admission at PIEAS?
You need to set aside the below-required documents when you apply for admission at PIEAS:
- Recent coloured Passport sized photographs
- Copy of SSC or Equivalent mark sheet and Certificate
- Copy of HSSC or Equivalent mark sheet and Certificate
- Equivalency Certificate in case of foreign education (O and A-level) obtained from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC)
- Copy of CNIC or B-form in case of below 18 years of age
- Copy of father or guardian’s CNIC
- Copy of Bachelor and/or Master’s Detailed Marked Sheet (DMC) and result Certificate in case of admission in postgraduate degree programs
- A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employers in you are serving anywhere for Doctoral degree program admissions
What is the Fee structure at PIEAS?
The admission application fee is Rs. 3,500/- within the due date. This can be submitted in any branch of the Askari Bank across Pakistan.
However, the admission application fee extends to Rs. 4,500/- if submitted after the due date.
The admission fee once paid, is non-refundable.
The registration fee is Rs. 2,000/- per semester.
The tuition fee per credit hours is Rs. 2,300/-.
What is the Eligibility criteria for admission in PIEAS?
- Eligibility criteria for the Bachelor’s program:
- A minimum of 60% marks in the SSC (Matric) or Equivalent (O Level) examination
- A minimum of 60% marks in HSSC (Intermediate → FSC Pre-engineering) or Equivalent (A-Level) examination (having Chemistry/Computer, Mathematics and Physics as a mandatory subject)
- The candidates belonging to Pre-medical background can also apply if they have taken Additional Mathematics
- Those candidates having Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) can also apply
- Candidates awaiting results are eligible to apply on the condition that their overall result should be minimum 60% marks otherwise the admission remains cancelled
- Eligibility criteria for the Master’s program:
- Should have a compulsory education of 16 years
- Candidates having first division in their academic degrees are preferred
- Those having a second division or around 50% marks can also apply
- Those applying for MS Computer or Geology programs should have studied Mathematics or Physics in the Bachelor’s program
- Candidates having a semester system in their Undergraduate program should have a minimum of 2.5 CGPA out of 4.0
- Candidates having an annual system in their Bachelor’s should have a minimum of 60% marks in their annual system
- Applicants taking the GAT General Test with a minimum of 50% score can also apply
- Eligibility criteria for the Doctoral program:
- Should have 18 years of compulsory education
- Applicants should have a minimum of 3.0 CGPA out of 4.0 in their MS/MPhil education in the relevant field
- The serving applicants have to give a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employers
- Candidates taking the GRE (International) or the GAT Subject Test by the National Testing Service can also apply
Admission Test for PIEAS
The format and pattern for the PIEAS institute Admission Test are:
- The test will be conducted in major cities of Pakistan.
- There are a total of 100 marks.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer i.e., -1.
- For each correct answer, you are awarded +3 marks.
- The duration of the test is 3 hours.
- There are a total of 100 MCQs and 4 sections:
- English (20 MCQs)
- Chemistry/Computer Science (20 MCQs)
- Physics (30 MCQs)
- Mathematics (30 MCQs)
As an alternative to this test, those of you who have taken the SAT Test is also accepted by PIEAS:
- SAT-II should comprise Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- The minimum score eligible for admission application is 2000 in the SAT exams.
- You can send your SAT result scores at 7272, which is the official institutional code for SAT results of PIEAS.
What is the Selection/Merit criteria of PIEAS?
The selection of applicants for admissions is determined by merit. The merit criteria are:
- 15% of SSC result
- 25% of HSSC result (Part 1)
- 40% of the Equivalency certificate marks of the O and A-level examination
- 60% of PIEAS Admission Test or the SAT scores
Contact details of PIEAS
For more information or query regarding admission at PIEAS, you can visit the university at PIEAS 45650. Nilore, Islamabad, Pakistan or send over you concerns at [email protected] and [email protected]. You can also contact the university at +92-51-9248611-+92-51-9248620.
or send over you concerns at