Do you love the Pakistan Army and have a desire to be called a NUMSIAN? Then hurry up and apply at the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS)! We have compiled below a comprehensive step by step guide on how to get admission in NUMS!
Introduction to NUMS
Located in Rawalpindi, the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) is a leading public sector medical university. It is administered by Pakistan Army Medical Corps.
Nums was formed in October 2015 and since has become one of the top public medical education and training institutes of Pakistan.
NUMS strives to provide advanced medical knowledge along with hands-on practical training at its extensive network of 45 Military Hospitals, 12 Single Specialty Institutes, 10 Medical Colleges and 4 Nursing Colleges.
NUMS is one of the nation’s biggest healthcare units. Over 2,000 students in Undergraduate and 150 in various Postgraduate degree programs are currently enrolled in NUMS. NUMS provides exceptional education and learning opportunities in the domains of:
- Allied Health
- Veterinary Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Liberal Arts
The constituent colleges and institutes of NUMS are:
- Army Medical College
- Armed Forces Postgraduate Medical Institute
- College of Nursing
- Army College of Veterinary Sciences
The affiliated medical colleges and institutes are:
- CMH-Lahore Medical College and Institute of Dentistry
- Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences
- CMH Multan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Wah Medical College
- HITEC Institute of Medical Sciences, Taxila
- Karachi Institute of Medical Sciences
- CMH Institute of Medical Sciences Bahawalpur
- CMH Kharian Medical College
The National University of Medical Sciences is accredited by the:
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC)
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP)
Admission at NUMS
- The admission process starts in June/July and December/January every for the Fall and Spring semesters at NUMS.
- The call to admission is announced through the advertisements posted in the leading national newspapers.
- Applicants have to pass the NUMS Entry Test to gain admission at NUMS.
- For Hafiz e Quran students, additional 20 marks are awarded on the condition they pass the Hafiz Quran Test setup by the Admission Board NUMS.
Admission Process of NUMS
You just have to follow the below easy-peasy steps to apply in NUMS:
You need to buy the prospectus online from NUMS University. Remember the Application Registration Number (ARN) mentioned on the first page of the prospectus.
You need to register yourself at the official website of the NUMS at https://numspak.edu.pk. You can do this by providing a valid email address, your basic details like nationality, CNIC number and contact number. Once you are registered at the website, you need to log in by signing in your email and password added in Step 1.
Once you are registered at the website, you need to log in by signing in your email and password added in Step 1.
You can select the desired degree program you want to apply in.
Fill the online admission form by adding your personal details and prior academic record as accurately as possible.
Upload the scanned copies of your documents required.
You will be generated a Fee Challan. Take out a printout of that challan form.
Deposit the Fee challan at the nearest branch of Habib Bank Limited.
Upload the paid copy of the fee challan on the admission form.
Review your admission application carefully and click on the final submit button to send in the form.
Take the NUMS Admission Entry Test. You have to bring your Admit Card issued by NTS and original CNIC or B-form along at the Test Centre.
Show up for the interview session.
Pay the semester fee and attend the Orientation ceremony!
What are the documents required for admission at NUMS?
You need to set aside the attested copies of the following required documents at the time of admissions:
- 4 Passport sized pictures with 3 attested on the backside and 1 on the front
- SSC or Equivalent mark sheet
- HSSC or Equivalent mark sheet
- Equivalency Certificate obtained from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) in case of O and A-Level examination
- NUMS Entry Test result
- CNIC or B-form in the case below 18 years of age
- Father/Guardian’s CNIC
- O and A-Level transcripts/mark sheets (for foreign candidates)
- SAT-II/MCAT test result (for foreign candidates)
- Passport/NICOP/residence permit (for foreign candidates)
What is the Eligibility criteria of NUMS?
For the MBBS/BDS program, the eligibility criteria are:
- A minimum of 70% marks in HSSC (FSC → Pre-medical)
- Or a minimum of 70% marks in Equivalent examination (A-Level) having the core subjects of Biology, Physics and Chemistry. An Equivalency Certificate is to be provided for this.
- The foreign candidates apply on the basis of their:
- SAT-II scores, valid for 2 recent 2 years. They should have a minimum score of 550 in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
- Or they should have a minimum score of 500 out of 528 in foreign MCAT Test.
For other BS degree programs, the eligibility criteria are:
- A minimum of 60% marks in HSSC (FSC) or Equivalent (A-Level) examination
- A minimum of score of 50% acquired in NAT (General)/MDCAT or the NUMS Admission Test
Admission Test of NUMS
The NUMS Entry Test is compulsory for all those who want to apply in NUMS or other medical colleges affiliated with NUMS. A minimum of 60% (120 out of 200 marks) score of NUMS Entry Test is to be obtained to be eligible for the admission requirement at NUMS. NUMS Entry Test Format:
- There is no negative marking
- Total of 200 questions
- Questions in the form of Multiple Choice Questions
- A total of 150 minutes allotted for the test
- The syllabus from the FSC Pre-medical books
- The test divided into 4 subject sections:
- English (20 MCQs)
- Physics (40 MCQs)
- Chemistry (60 MCQs)
- Biology (80 MCQs)
How to Register for the NUMS Entry Test?
You need to follow the below basic steps to register for the NUMS Entry Test:
Register at the http://www.nts.org.pk for NUMS Entry Test.
Click on the Register button and fill the sign-up form that pops up.
Remember your password, secret question and secret answer.
Fill the registration form with CAPITAL LETTERS. Select your test details and add your academic and personal information.
A fee challan will be generated. Print and deposit it in the designated branch of the bank.
Upload your recent passport size picture and the paid application form fee challan on the form.
Take out a print out of the application form.
Send the application form and originally paid bank draft by hand or post attached with 2 recent Passport pictures and a copy of your CNIC. Keep a copy of the application form and paid bank deposit slip with you. You need to post by courier service the admission application form with attachments at below address: National Testing Service (NUMS Project) 1-E, Street # 46 Sector I-8/2 Islamabad
The NTS will dispatch through courier you Admit Cards/Roll Number slips.
Bring your Admit Cards/Roll Number slips at the time of admission test along with your original CNIC or B-form.
Test Centers of NUMS Entry Test
- Dera Ismail Khan
How is the Merit calculated for Admission at NUMS?
The selection criteria and merit calculation of National University of Medical Sciences are formed as per the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC):
- 50% of HSSC or Equivalent marks
- 50% of Admission Entry Test score
What is the Fee structure of NUMS?
- The admission fee is Rs. 30,000/- which will be paid only once.
- The refundable security payable once at the time of admission is Rs. 10,000/-.
- You have to pay Rs. 3,000/- as the application processing fee at the time of admission in any branch of Habib Bank Limited.
- The fee structure of NUMS is usually changeable according to the University policies:
|Program||Tuition Fee||Tuition Fee for Foreign students|
|MBBS/BDS||Rs. 220,000/year||$ 12,000/year|
|BS (Biological Sciences, Public Health,||Rs. 150,000/semester|
|BS Hons (MIT/MLT/CP/Nursing)||Rs. 55,000/semester|
Contact details of NUMS
For more information or any query related to admissions at the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS), you can visit NUMS at National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS), The Mall, Rawalpindi, Pakistan. You can also contact NUMS at:
- Contact Numbers: