Want admission in the top engineering university of Karachi?
Then apply to NED University!
We have compiled below a complete step by step guideline on how to get admission in NED University!
Introduction to NED University
The Nadirshaw Eduljee Dinshaw (NED) University of Engineering and Technology (NED-UET) is situated in Karachi, Sindh. It has earned the status of one of the oldest educational institutes of Pakistan established in 1921 and awarded the status of University in 1977.
Situated on 156 acres of vast land, NED University currently holds more than 12,000 students with capable experienced faculty staff. Known for providing quality education along with a highly comfortable learning environment.
NED University provides diverse facilities of a digital vast library, high;y equipped laboratories, training centres, well-furnished classrooms, big seminar halls, availability of Wi-Fi, hostel accommodation, medical and transport facilities.
Having established 6 faculties, NED University is accredited with the Higher education Commission of Pakistan (HEC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) and the Washington Accord.
Admissions at NED University
- The admissions open every year in June/July of every year.
- The call for admissions is announced through the national leading newspaper advertisements.
- The Prospectus can be obtained from the University or from any branch of the Habib Metropolitan Bank or the National Bank of Pakistan at a cost of Rs. 2,000/-.
- Admission applications are to be formed by applying online at the NED University’s official webpage.
- The admission application must be submitted by hand as the University does not accept the admission form through mail or courier service.
What is the eligibility criteria for NED University?
You need to have a minimum of 60%marks in HSSC or Equivalent examination when applying for the programs of BE/BS (CS and IT) and B.Arch.
For other BS programs, you need to have a minimum of 55% marks in the HSSC or Equivalent examination.
What is the Admission process for NED University?
To submit your admission application at NED University, you just have to follow the below easy-breezy guidelines step by step:
You need to register yourself at the University’s student portal at https://www.neduet.edu.pk/admission. You can do this by typing in your name, email address, date of birth and your father’s name.
You can log in at the Admission web portal by adding your User ID and password received through email provided in Step 1.
Fill in the required information by adding the Board from where you acquired your HSC result, Domicile, HSC examination category (Pre-engineering or Pre-medical) and the degree program that you are eligible and desire to apply in.
Fill the rest of the form by providing your personal information, address details and academic qualifications.
Upload your latest decent picture.
A Transaction Slip will be generated containing your Transaction ID.
Submit the admission application fee in the branch of the designated bank mentioned on the Transaction Slip.
After the confirmation of the fee, the admission web portal will generate an Admit Card for you.
Bring along the printed copy of the Admit Card on the day of the Pre-admission Entry Test. The schedule of the Pre-admission Entry Test will be displayed on the official website of the University.
Find your name on the Merit lists that will be displayed on the NED University website.
Congratulations on finding your name on the Merit list! Now you have to print your application form from the University portal.
Get the admission form signed by yourself, your parent/guardian and Oath Commissioner.
Prepare for the Interview discussion round. The schedule of this will be available at the NED University admission portal.
Bring along your duly signed admission form attached with the required documents for submission at the interview session.
Viola! Now after passing the Interview session, attend the orientation ceremony and the classes.
What is the Admission Process for Foreign students?
NED University does not accept direct admission applications from foreign candidates. Foreign candidates have to apply for the foreign reserved seats through:
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC)
- Economic Affairs Division (Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan) (EAD)
What is the Eligibility criteria for Foreign students?
The foreign candidates including Overseas Pakistanis have to be eligible for the pre-requisite academic qualifications and the admission entry test to apply in NED University.
- Foreign candidates should have either Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) in Pre-Engineering domain with the subjects of Chemistry, Physics andMathematics
- Or have an Equivalent degree in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- A minimum of 60% mark aggregate is required in HSC level
Admission Entry Test
- The foreign candidates have to take the SAT I and II in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics and should have a score of 800 and 1500 to apply.
- They can also take the Pre-Admission Entry Test of the NED University which is based on the level of Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) including the subjects Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English.
English Language Skill
The foreign students should have a profound understanding and ability in the English language as it is the medium of all tests conducted in the NED University. English is also the subject tested in the Pre-Admission Entry Test.
What are the Facilities provided to the Foreign candidates?
The foreign candidates are provided with the following good facilities of the local standard:
- On-campus facility:
- Hostel accommodation
- Off-campus facilities:
- Medical facilities (free)
- Food (on payment)
- Laundry (on payment)
What is the Fee structure for NED University?
The admission fee for the Master’s degree program is Rs. 6,000/- for the main admission form and Rs. 3,500/-.
The admission fee is to be paid one time at the time of the admission at the University:
|All engineering disciplines and BS (CS and IT)
|All BS programmes except BS (Industrial Chemistry)
|BS (Industrial Chemistry)
NED University Admission Test:
Candidates have to take either of the following admission entry tests:
- NED University Prerequisite Admission Entry Test gaining a minimum of 50% marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- The NED Entry Test is of 2 hours without negative marking and having 25 marks for each subject.
- An alternative of SAT-I and SAT-II in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics scoring 800 and 1500 marks respectively, can be given instead of the NED University Admission Entry Test.
How is the Merit established at NED University?
Merit is formed by adding:
- 50% of marks of HSC Part 1 or Equivalent examination
- 50% marks of the Prerequisite Admission Entry Test
Merit for NED University (100%) = 50% of HSC (out of 1100 marks) + 50% of Admission Entry Test (out of 100 marks)
Moreover, after the submission of Part 2 of the HSC mark sheet or the Equivalent Certificate having more than a minimum of 60% marks, admissions will be confirmed.
What are the Documents required at the time of Admission?
You will need to set aside the following required documents when applying for admissions at the NED University:
- Attested copy of Admit Card of NED University Pre-Admission Entry Test
- Attested copy of CNIC or B-form if you are less than 18 years of age
- Attested copy of SSC or Equivalent Certificate
- Attested copy of SSC or Equivalent mark sheet
- Affidavit of non-political activities
- HSC or Equivalent mark sheet and Certificate
- Equivalency Certificate obtained from the IBCC in case of A-Level or foreign education
- Your latest pictures
- Filled and duly signed Application form printed the Admission Web Portal of the University
- Migration Certificate if you have given examination from any other Board than the Karachi Board
What are the Guidelines for Uploading the Picture on the Admission form?
You need to read the below instructions carefully before you start uploading your picture on the admission application at the admission portal:
- Passport size
- Of jpg or GIF format
- Not more than 300kb in storage size
- With a light blue background
- Face should be 70-80% visible in the picture
- Recent without any filter or blur
Important points to Remember:
- Confirmation of admission application fee may take up to 3 to 5 working days, so do not worry if your Admit Card is not generated right away.
- In case there is a long delay in the confirmation of the admission application fee, you should contact the Admission Helpdesk available at the admission portal of the NED University. This can be due to your invalid uploaded picture or a delay in confirmation by the respective bank branch.
- The Domicile of Sindh is required otherwise you can apply by submitting a Migration Certificate.
- You can visit at https://www.neduet.edu.pk/index.php/admission for further details.