Want to get admission in the best private Business school in the country?
Then hurry up and apply to Iqra University! For your help, we have compiled a step by step guide on how to get admission in Iqra University!
Introduction of Iqra University
Iqra University was initially established as the Asian Management Institute (AMI) in 1998 but soon was granted the University status in 2002 by the HEC due to its excellent learning and growing environment.
This private sector university houses currently more than 15,000 students and a faculty of above 250 with the largest number of PhD holders. It is highly regarded as the top institute of Business education and is recognized as having the highest number of research papers published among the other private universities of Pakistan.
Located at Defence View, Shaheed-e-Millat Road in Karachi, Iqra University has made a mark for itself among the private academic institutes of Pakistan. Other than Karachi, it has an additional campus situated at Islamabad.
Why should I get an Admission at Iqra University?
Having been ranked at number 1 position by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in the Business Education Category in 2016, Iqra University houses a fully equipped sports complex,well-stocked library and learning opportunities for students to participate at national and international sports and business ventures.
This institute also provides intensive and modernised teaching strategies with a highly experienced faculty staff and comfortable on-campus environment to facilitate the growth of creativity and innovation in the fields of Advertising, Animation, Film Production and Business.
Moreover, facilities like hostel accommodation, transport, medical facility, sporting complex, a host of scholarships grants and digital library add to the charm and attraction of the already well-reputed academic institute.
What are the Programs at Iqra University that I can Apply for?
Iqra University holds a myriad of degree programs at Undergraduate (BS), Postgraduate (MS/MPhil) and Doctoral levels (PhD). You can seek admission in any of the programs in which you have a keen personal and career interest. Following is a complete list of all the faculties and the programs being offered at Iqra University:
- Business Administration
- Fashion and Design
- Media Science (Film & TV, Advertising, Animation)
- Textile Design
- Fashion Design
- Health Science
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Business Informatics
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
Admission at Iqra University
Admissions at the Iqra University starts twice every year two months before the commencement of the Fall semester in August and Spring semester in January. The call for opening the admissions is given through the advertisement in the leading newspapers of the nation. You just have to follow the below easy steps bit by bit to be a part of the prestigious Iqra University:
Fill in the online admission form available at the official website https://admissions.iqra.edu.pk/Admission/Admissions/AdmissionForm/1.
While filling up the admission form, you have to provide your basic personal information (including your contact number and email address).
Fill in your residence address and phone number alongside your father/guardian’s basic information.
Add your accurate previous academic details and upload the scanned documents.
Receive the admittance card.
Go through the motions of the admission test and interview session.
You will afterward receive confirmation of admission via email/SMS service. The admission results are available at the official webpage at https://admissions.iqra.edu.pk/Admission/AdmissionResult.
Submit the admission fee.
What is the Admission Test of Iqra University?
The admission test of Iqra University is generally divided into the following sections:
- Quantitative Analysis
- English Language
- General Knowledge
For the students of Media Science only, they have to test for either of the following:
- Drawing Test
- TOEFL IBT with 90
- TOEFL CBT with 570
- IELTS with Band 6 and SAT-1 with 1200
What are the Documents required at the time of the Admission?
You need to prepare the following list of documents before you start applying for admission at Iqra University:
- Your latest passport size 2 pictures
- Copy of your B-form or CNIC if you are above 18 years of age
- Copy of Matric/O Level mark sheet
- Copy of Matric Board certificate
- Copy of Intermediate/A Level mark sheet
- Copy of Intermediate Board Certificate
- Copy of the Equivalence certificate issued by the IBCC in case of O and A level
- Copy of Bachelor’s mark sheet and certificate (for admission in Postgraduate program)
- Copy of Master’s mark sheet and certificate (for admission in the PhD program)
In case of result awaiting candidates, you can submit the additional following documents:
- Undertaking (format of it is available at the University’s webpage at https://iqra.edu.pk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Undertaking.docx)
- 2 copies of mark sheet of Part 1
- 2 copies of the Admit Card or Statement of Entry of Part 2
Give the eligibility criteria for admissions at Iqra University?
Keep in mind the eligibility criteria before you start filling out the online admission of Iqra University:
- You should have at least a minimum of 45% marks in the HSSC (Intermediate/A-Level) certificate
- Should have an Equivalence certificate in case you have a foreign degree
- If you are applying for the Engineering program, then you should have
- 60% marks in the Intermediate degree in FSC (Pre-Engineering) or A-Level with the subject combination of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- 60% score attained in the Diploma of Associate Engineering Examination if you are applying for reserved seats
- If you are applying for BS (CS/SE/AI) programs should have
- 50% marks in the Intermediate degree in FSC (Pre-Engineering) or A-Level with the subject combination of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Or 50% marks in HSSC (FSC in Pre-medical or A-Level with additional Mathematics)
- For those applying in Postgraduate programs should have 45% marks or a 2nd division or a 2.5 GPA in their Bachelor’s degree
- For the MPhil program, a GAT-General score of minimum 50% is required
What is the Fee structure at Iqra University?
|Tuition Fee per Credit hour||4850/- PKR|
|Registration Fee||4000/- PKR|
|Document Verification Fee at the time of admission (one time payable only)||1500/- PKR|
Are there any Scholarships available at Iqra University?
Yes! You can apply for a scholarship at Iqra University based on your eligibility among the tons of scholarships offered at this institute. Notable of them are:
- Merit-based scholarship
- Need-based assistance
- Educational loan
- Work-study or teaching assistantships
- For National Board or university position holders, there is 100% waiver of the tuition fee of their first semester at Iqra university
If I have any other issues?
If you still have any queries or need to know additional details regarding your admission at Iqra University, you can always comment below and send a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.