Want admission in the top engineering university of Pakistan in Lahore?
Then hurry up and apply in the renowned FAST University Lahore campus!
We have formed a complete guideline below on how you can step by step get admission in FAST University Lahore campus!
Introduction to FAST University
The National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (NUCES) is also generally known as the Foundation for Advancement of Science and Technology (FAST).
This is a non-profit private research university dedicated to teaching high standards of education. Established in 2000, FAST University has the honour of being the first university having multi-campuses in different cities of Pakistan including Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar and Chiniot-Faisalabad.
Due to its enhanced research and quality academic teachings, FAST University has been ranked time and time again as the top institute in the category of Computer Science and Information Technology by the Higher Education of Pakistan. The FAST University is also accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
This leading academic institute currently houses more than 11,000 students providing top-notch facilities and state of the art infrastructure. Due to its high prestige, FAST University can be commonly referred to as:
Introduction to FAST University Lahore Campus
Situated over a vast 12.5 acres of land in Faisal Town, the Lahore Campus of the FAST University is a reputable academic institute structured over an incredible brickwork architecture.
Among the many facilities of this campus, there is a wireless Wi-Fi service, highly equipped computing and engineering laboratories, a well-stocked digital library, all-purposeful classrooms and a comfortable learning environment where the potential and talent of students are boosted.
There are separate common rooms for boys and girls, spacious auditorium, many seminar halls, a big cafeteria and around 17 student societies.
The sports complex consists of both indoor and outdoor facilities including lawn tennis, football, cricket, volleyball, swimming etc.
Moreover, many merits and need-based scholarships, grants and financial assistance programs are provided to aid the students on their learning journey.
In What Program I can Apply in FAST Lahore?
FAST University of Lahore campus offers a degree in various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programs in the below departments:
- Department of Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- FAST School of Management
Admission at FAST University Lahore
- The admissions at the Lahore campus of the FAST University open every year in the months of June/July and November/December for the semesters of Fall and Spring.
- The call to admissions is declared through the advertisements in the nation’s leading newspapers and TV commercials.
- You have to apply online for admission at FAST University as this institute does not accept admission applications through post or by hand.
- Fill the online admission form accurately. In case of any false or misleading information found, the University can cancel your admission without refunding your admission fee.
Admission Process for FAST University
To apply in FAST University Lahore campus, you just have to follow the below easy short steps:
You need to register yourself first at the official website of the FAST University at http://admissions.nu.edu.pk/OLAR/. You can do this by providing a valid email address, your basic details like nationality, CNIC number and contact number.
Once you are registered at the website, you need to log in by signing in your email and password added in Step 1.
You will be assigned a unique Application Reference Number (ARN) that you need to note down for later use.
You can select the desired degree program you want to apply in.
Fill the online admission form by adding your personal details and previous academic record as accurately as possible.
Upload the scanned copies of your documents if required.
You can also select your desired center and slot of the admission test.
You will be given an Admit Card containing your Test Roll Number, admission test date, time and venue.
Print this Admit Card and bring along on the mentioned admission test day.
You are also to bring Rs. 1,000/- as admission processing fee on the admission test day.
Give the admission entry test.
After a few days, the admission test results will be announced through SMS service or email notification and displayed on the official webpage of the University.
You’ll be informed of the Interviews session (if required), the further details of fee challan and attending the Orientation ceremony.
Admissions of Foreign candidates
The foreign national candidates should provide a No Objection Certificate (NOC) obtained from the Ministry of Education Government of Pakistan at the time of their admissions.
What is the Eligibility criteria for applying in FAST University?
The eligibility criteria for applying in the Bachelor’s degree program at FAST University is:
- A minimum of 60% marks obtained in SSC or Equivalent examination (Matric/O Level)
- A minimum of 60% marks obtained in HSSC or Equivalent examination (FSC Pre-engineering/A-Level)
The eligibility criteria for applying in the Master’s program at FAST University is:
- 16 years of education including SSC, HSSC (same as above) and Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 55% marks or 2.0 grade out of CGPA 4.0 in Bachelor’s degree
The eligibility criteria for applying in the PhD degree program at FAST University is:
- 18 years of education including SSC, HSSC, Bachelor’s degree (same as above) and Master’s degree
- A minimum of 70% marks or 3.0 grade out of CGPA 4.0 in Master’s degree
What is the Selection Criteria for Admission in FAST University?
Admission is granted and the admission merit is formed on the following selection criteria:
- 50% marks obtained in SSC or Equivalent examination
- 50% marks obtained in HSSC or Equivalent examination Part 1
- For applicants who have taken the NTS-NAT exam:
- Cut-off marks obtained in it determined by the University
- For applicants who have taken the SAT exam:
- A total score of 1,000 or more in SAT-I exam
- A minimum score of 550 in SAT-II (Mathematics Level IIC) exam
What are the Documents required for Admission at FAST University?
You need to set aside the following documents when you apply in FAST University:
- Latest coloured Passport sized photographs
- Copy of SSC or Equivalent mark sheet and Certificate
- Copy of HSSC or Equivalent mark sheet and Certificate
- Equivalency Certificate in case of foreign education (O and A-level) obtained from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC)
- Copy of CNIC or B-form in case of below 18 years of age
- Copy of father or guardian’s CNIC
- Copy of Bachelor and/or Master’s Detailed Marked Sheet (DMC) and result Certificate in case of admission in postgraduate degree programs
- NTS/SAT or any other test results
Admission Test of FAST University
- The applicants arriving late for the admission test will not be allowed to attempt the test.
- You will not be allowed to attempt the test without your Admit Card.
- The admission test will be conducted within the premises of the Lahore campus of the FAST University.
- The use of calculators and other electronic devices during admission tests is prohibited.
- Negative marking occurs so be thoughtful in answering the questions.
- The admission test is taken online on a computer.
- The test questions will appear in a random sequence and each candidate’s test is different from the other.
- The candidates can move forward and backwards to review and alter his/her answer within the test section.
- Each test section of the test has a fixed time limit to attempt once started.
- After the test, the summary of it will be displayed on the screen to review.
- The admission test is based on different selected subjects/sections and each section carries a different percentage of marks.
- The admission test is divided between 2 to 3 hours.
The below table refers to the percentage of marks in each section of the admission test for the Master’s program:
|Section||MBA||MS (Applied Linguistics)||Other MS Programs|
|Analytical Skills and IQ||20%||15%||20%|
What is the Fee structure at FAST University Lahore?
The admission fee to be paid once at the time of admission is Rs. 20,000/- and it is non-refundable.
The security fee is also to be paid once at the time of admission is Rs. 15,000/-. The security fee is refundable upon completion of the degree or leaving the University.
The extra-curricular activities and the sports fund of Rs. 2,000/- is collected at the start of each semester.
The tuition fee may be revised and altered each year, however, it is generally:
|Program||FAST University Lahore Campus|
|BBA and BS (Accounting and Finance)||Rs. 8,500|
|BS (Computing)||Rs. 8,500|
|BS (Engineering)||Rs. 8,500|
Contact details of FAST University
For more information, you can visit the official webpage of the FAST University at
You can also call at their helpline at (042) 111 128 128 (Ext. 233 & 289).
You can also visit the University at Block-B, Faisal Town, Lahore.