Every year a grand number of students apply for admissions at Bahria University. You can be one of them this year!
We made a step by step guideline for you on how to get admission in Bahria University!
Introduction to Bahria University
Bahria University is a federally administered institute having the main campus Islamabad and sub-campuses in Lahore and Karachi. This public sector university owned by the Pakistan Navy was formed in 2000 and currently embodies a student body of more than 10,000 each year. This prestigious university is among the top institutes of Pakistan as it includes highly experienced faculty and well-stocked campuses.
Bahria University offers a diversity of degree programs including Environmental and Maritime Studies, Law, Engineering and social sciences at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and doctoral stages. Bahria University is linked to various international universities of the UK, Asia, and Australia. Moreover, it has its own branch of Bahria University of Medical and Dental College in Karachi.
Admission in Bahria University
Admissions at Bahria University are announced by advertisements in the newspapers, TV commercials, and the university’s website. Admissions open for the Fall semesters in the months of June/July and November/December for the Spring semesters each year. Admissions are offered on the basis of:
- Academic eligibility qualification
- Entry test score or NTS
Admission Quota for Bahria University
- 5% of the seats are reserved for the children of Advocates in LLB by the admission on merit.
- 2% of the seats for the disabled candidates on the basis of supportive documents.
- 2% of seats for the candidates belonging to less developed areas of Pakistan including Balochistan, Gilgit/Baltistan, FATA, selected districts of KPK, South Punjab, Interior Sindh and Azad Jammu and Kashmir. These candidates are required to present domiciles attested from the chairman Town Committee or Gazetted Officers.
Admission Documents for Bahria University
Candidates need to produce two sets of the following documents at the time of interview:
- Recent four colored passport size pictures
- Attested copy of mark sheet of SSC (Matric) or equivalent degree
- Attested copy of mark sheet of HSSC (FSC/FA) or equivalent degree
- Attested copy of mark sheet of Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS Hons) for postgraduate level admission
- Attested copy of mark sheet of Postgraduate degree (MPhil/MS) for PhD level admission
- Attested copy of the B Form or the Computerised National Identity Card of the candidate
- Candidates can present their O level result in case they are awaiting their A-Level result
- For A Level or equivalent holding degrees, candidates are to submit their Equivalence Certificates from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen
- Proof of work experience (if required)
- NOC from the Parent organization and Undertaking (if required) for the PhD level admission
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Bahria University
- The eligibility criteria differ widely for different degree programs. The candidates need to have at least 50% marks in their HSSC degrees to gain admission in non-engineering programs and above 60% for engineering and medical degree programs.
- The candidates should have about 2.0 to 2.5 minimum CGPA out of 4.00 in their Bachelors to gain admission in degree programs of Postgraduate level.
- The admission in degree programs of Bahria University depends on 10% of SSC/Matric or O Level, 40% of HSSC/FA/FSC or A-Level marks and 50% of Entrance marks.
Application Process for Bahria University
Apply online by logging in at the official website of Bahria University at https://cms.bahria.edu.pk/Logins/Candidate/Registration.aspx. Or the applicants can visit the university in person, collect the prospectus and the admission kit. After attaching the relevant documents on the admission form, submit the admission at the admission office of the university before the closing date.
Fill out the desired program details, your personal information and academic qualifications.
Send a bank draft of the admission test at the posted address on the website.
Appear for the admission test and interview at the scheduled dates mentioned in the advertisements.
Submit the admission fee of 21,000-25,000 PKR along with the semester fee after passing the test and interview.
Attend the Orientation ceremony.
Admission Processing Fee for the Foreign Candidates
The foreign applicants can send in their admission processing fee through Wired Transfer or Inward FTT (Foreign Telegraphic Transfer) at the following details:
- Bank’s Swift Code: ABPAPKKA
- Branch Code: 0680
- Branch Name: Allied Bank Limited, E-8 Naval Complex Branch, Islamabad.
- Beneficiary IBAN No: PK15ABPA0010021960690019
Admission Test at Bahria University
- Applicants who have already taken the Eligibility Test Score (ETS) are not to take the Bahria University Admission Test.
- Those applicants who clear their test scores are called back for the interview discussion session.
- The applicants are to present copies of their score sheets along with their documents in the application form but present original score sheets when they come in for the interview round.
- The entrance test for the applicants for the Bachelor’s Programs (Non-Engineering or Management Sciences & Earth & Environmental Sciences) is based on the SAT-I pattern.
- The entrance test for the applicants for the Bachelor’s Programs (Engineering or Math and Physics) is based on the SAT-II pattern.
- The entrance test for the MBA program is based on the GMAT pattern.
- The entrance test for the programs of MS/MPhil and PhD is based on the pattern of GRE/GAT(General/Subject).
Interview Session of Bahria University Admission
Those applicants who successfully score their entrance test, their name displayed in the merit list posted at the University or on the University’s official website, come back for the interview discussion session.
The applicants need to bring with them the original documents and the copies with them at the time of the interview.
The final merit list will be displayed after the interview round on the University’s official website and at the University after considering the applicants’ academic qualification, test scores and interview performance.
Orientation and Student Handbook at Bahria University
An orientation ceremony is held for the new student body before the commencement of the academic semester. Students are informed regarding the rules and regulations, University services and facilities, policies and responsibilities at this orientation session. The students are provided with a Student Handbook which entails the University’s procedures and policies.
For any more queries feel free to ask and you can always visit the official webpage of Bahria University at https://bahria.edu.pk/admissions/. Bahria University classes consist of a minimum of 15 students and a maximum of 50 students, so don’t hesitate and be the first to apply!