Introduction to Pakistan Navy
One of the strongest naval warfare branch of Armed Forces of Pakistan that guards the seas, prove national defence, force projection and nuclear deterrence is known as Pakistan Bahria or Pakistan Navy. It came into being with the independence of Pakistan on 14th August, 1947. Pakistan Navy safeguards the sea lines of communication and Pakistan’s maritime interests through exercising military policies.
There are a total of 1,200 marines, 5000 reserve personnel, 2000 maritime security, 2000 civilian personnel and 25,000 active- duty personnel. It guards the boundaries of Pakistan and prevent seaborne terrorism with 100 warships and 14 aircrafts. It’s Naval components include Naval Aviation, Marines and Maritime Security Agency. Pakistan Navy has the ability to launch underwater missile system and destruct the enemy points this, it has custodian of Pakistan’s second strike capability.
The motto of Pakistan Navy is “A silent force to be Reckoned with”. It celebrates its annual anniversary on 8 September known as “Navy Day”.
Who is Eligible for Pakistan Navy PN?
Pakistan Navy offers different courses and for each eligibility criteria differs. Though one think remains common i.e. Nationality
- Nationality of candidate must be Pakistani
- Following is the table to explain the criteria as well as the category to apply for
|PN Cadet ( Permanent Commission )Marine Engineering/ Supply Branch||• Matric or O levels or any equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks•FSC or A levels or any equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks • FSC subjects should must be Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Statistics/ Computer Science||• Civilian Applicant must be 16 1/2 years – 21 years• Serving Applicant must be 17 years – 23 years||• Minimum Height:- 5 feet 4 inches or 162.5 cms||• Must be unmarried||• Must be male|
|Education Branch ( Short Service Commission )||• MSc or equivalent with at least minimum of 2nd Division• Fields:- Psychology, Maths, Library Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, English, Urdu or Islamiyat Studies||• 20 – 28 years||• Minimum Height for Males :- 5 feet 4 inches or 162.5 cms • Minimum Height for Females:- 5 feet||• Married / Unmarried||• Male or Female|
|Operations ( Short Service Commission SSC )||• Graduation (14 years education or above) with minimum of 45% marks• FSC or A level or Equivalent with minimum of 45% marks • These subjects are must for FSC or A level or Equivalent:- Physics and Mathematics||• 20 -26 years||Minimum Height:- 5 feet 4 inches or 162.5 cms||• Married / Unmarried||• Male|
|Weapon Engineering ( Short Service Commission )||• BE Electronic with minimum of 50% marks||• 20 – 26 years||• Height:- 5 feet 4 inches or 162.5 cms||• Married / Unmarried||• Male|
|Special Branch – Imagery ( Short Service Commission )||• Masters/ Bachelors degree with minimum of 50% marks ( MSc Space Studies )• Higher experience will be preferable||• 20 – 35 years||• Height:- 5 feet 4 inches or 162.5 cms||• Married / Unmarried||• Male|
|Special Branch – IT ( Short Service Commission )||• Masters/ Bachelors degree with minimum of 50% marks in Software Engineering/ Computer Science/ Information Security.• Networking and Software Development/ Oracle/ SOL/ Java are preferable.||• 20 – 35 years||•Minimum Height for males:- 5 feet 4 inches or 162.5 cms• Minimum Height for Females:- 5 feet||• Married / Unmarried||• Male or female|
|Law Branch ( Short Service Commission )||• Law Degree in addition to a Bachelors degree in Arts or Science• Candidate should be a practising member of a bar||• 25 – 40 years||• Minimum Height for males:- 5 feet 4 inches or 162.5 cms• Minimum Height for Females:- 5 feet||• Married / Unmarried||• Male or female|
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply online and get registered for Entry test by visiting the official website of Pak Navy o www.paknavy.gov.pk.
- It is mandatory for candidate to have an e- mail account as date and time for the test will be updated on internet.
- Candidates must have know how of the computer usage.
Registration at Navy Selection & Recruitment Centres AS&RC
- Candidates can reach out to the NS&RCS of their nearest or respective city with the following document and registration fee.
What are the Required Documents for Registration in Pakistan Navy?
- Original and attested Photocopies of SSC marks sheet
- 3 passport size recent photographs
- CNIC or B form
- Uncrossed PKR 30/- Post card in favour of Director of Recruitment, NHQ, Islamabad. (PKR 200/- for Short Service Commission and Engineering Cadets) (PKR 100/- for Logistic Branch Officers, Mechanical Branch Officers and Operation Branch Officers)
How to Apply for Law Branch?
- Desirous candidates have to visit nearest Nearest Recruitment & Selection Centres with original and attested copies of below mentioned documents.
- Candidates must bring uncrossed Postal order of PKR 200/- in favour of Director of Recruitment.
What are the Required Documents for Registration of Law Branch?
A Candidate needs following documents for getting himself/ herself registered for entry test:-
- SSC, HSSC, BA/ BSc, MA/ MSc or Equivalent degrees and marks sheet.
- Domicile Certificate
- 3 recent Passport size photographs
Further Process for Final Selection:
Candidates will undergo the final Processes to reach the final selection in Pakistan Navy.
Steps of selection procedure are:
- Online Registration / Registration at NS&RC
- Appearance in Entry Test
- Selected candidates who pass Entry Test will appear in Intelligence Test
- Selected candidates from intelligence will appear in written Academic tests:-
|For Science Group||English, Maths, Physics, General Knowledge|
|For Arts Group||English, Maths, General Science, General Knowledge|
- Selected candidates will appear in Preliminary Medical Examination
- Selected candidates will appear in Initial Interview
- ISSB tests at Kohat/ Gujranwala/ Malir/ Quetta
- Medical Screening at Combined Military Hospital CMH/ Pakistan Navy PN Hospital (For Hepatitis B and C)
- Final Selection held upon merit by NHQ Islamabad
- The candidates get a training of 1 1/2 years at PNA (Pakistan Naval Academy).
- The PN cadets pass out as “midshipmen” to join ships.
- After 6 months of training at ships, the midshipmen pass out as Sub- Lieutenants.
Benefits of PN Cadets:
- PN Cadets enjoy free mess services, free uniform and free Accommodation during their course of training.
What are the Ineligibility Conditions for Pakistan Navy?
A candidate will be ineligible if he is:
- Twice screen out by ISSB
- Twice Rejected from ISSB/ GHQ/ AHQ Selection Board
- Tested within 120 days/ 4 months of previous test (for NOT RECOMMENDED candidates)
- Tested within one year validity period
- Declared medically unfit for Hepatitis B and C (Appeal Medical Board cannot be requested)
- Declared medically unfit by Armed Forces Hospital except those who are cleared by Appeal Medical Board.
- Discharged/ withdrawn/ resigned/ dismissed from Army/ Navy/ Airforce (Armed Forces) for violating discipline, failure in academics/ military subjects, medical inefficiency, weak profile or other grounds or receiving character certificate ” fair”.
- Convicted from the court of law for any impropriety
- Spouse to a Foreign National
- Candidate who provide false/ fake or wrong information will be cancelled and permanently declared ineligible for all types of Armed Forces
Further Training/ Education of Sub- Lieutenants and Professional Courses:
|Category/ Branch||Further Training/ Tenure||Professional Courses|
|Operations Branch Officers||• Training for 2 1/2 years at Naval Engineering College to study Engineering Programme in Electronics. •They get a degree from NUST||• They learn professional courses:-Surface Warfare, Underwater Warfare, Electronic Warfare, Communications and Navigations and Operations|
|Mechanical Branch Officers||• Training for 2 1/2 years at PN Engineering College to study Mechanical Engineering.•They get a degree from NUST||• They join fleet seeking watch- keeping certificates on board ships|
|Logistic Branch Officers||• Training for 2 years at School of Logistics and Management to study BBA (Hons.)||• They join ships for their competency certificates|
How to join Pakistan Navy as a Sailor?
Every year, Pakistan Navy open its doors twice to recruit sailors who join Boot Camping Training in the New Entry School at PN HIMALAYA. The inductions open in the 1st week of May for the 1st Batch and in the 1st week of November for 2nd Batch. After completion of successful training, these cadets are sent to different branches for Technical Training.
Eligibility Criteria For Sailors:
- Nationality of the Applicant should be Pakistani.
- Age limit for Sailors is 16 – 20 years
- Age limit for post of MTD branch is 16 – 24 years.
- Age limit for Naib Khateeb post must not be above 35 years.
- Marital status for sailors is unmarried
- Those who applied for the post of MTD and Naib Khateeb can be married.
- For all branches, minimum height should be 5 feet 4 inches (162.5 cms) except for NP/ Marine for PTI and Music, that is 5 feet and 7 inches (170 cms) and Female Medical Technician is 5 feet.
- Educational Qualification for MTD is Matric with valid Driving license.
- Educational Qualification for TOPASS/ Sanitry Worker is Middle Class/ 8th class
- Educational Qualification for Naval Police/ PTI/ Marine/ Musician is Matric with minimum of 60% marks
- Educational Qualification for Operation/ Aviation/ Marine Engineering/ Logistics is Matric with 65% marks
- Educational Qualification for Female Medical Technician is Matric with 65% marks
Candidates can apply through internet or by visiting NS&RC. The procedure is mentioned above in detail in the section 3.
We hope this article proved to be helpful for you!