Are you looking for a way to become an HEC approved Supervisor?
Then you don’t have to worry.
Today, I’m going to give you some of the guidelines which are necessary for the application.
To start, you must be familiar with the eligibility criteria.
By knowing the eligibility criteria you would be able to analyze whether or not you are eligible for this approval.
There are 2 types of eligibility criteria which are:
- General: This is the same for all fields.
- Specific: This is different according to the field.
General Eligibility Criteria for HEC Approved Supervisor
The general eligibility criteria require that all of the candidates are:
- A Ph.D. degree from an HEC-recognized national university.
- A position of a faculty member or researcher at a public or private university or DAI, or position of researcher or scientist at any R&D (Research & Development) or Public sector organization.
- Approval from the head of an institution, i.e. Vice-Chancellor, etc.
Specific Eligibility Criteria for HEC Approved Supervisor
The Criteria for all the departments wary, that is why we are going to discuss all of them one by one.
1. For Science and Technology
- You must have 2 publications in the last 5 years.
- You also need 5.00 or more cumulative impact factor for the entire research publication record. A minimum of 1 publication must be recognized by them in the past 3 years.
- You must also possess a ph.D. degree and 1 publication from a reputable foreign university within 5 years.
2. For Social Science, Arts and Humanities, and Business Education
- Ph.D. candidates from reputable foreign universities:
- For the candidates who have completed their PhD. degree in the last 5 years has required a minimum of 1 publication.
- For the candidates who completed their degrees more than 5 years age:
- In the “Y” category of the HEC recognized journal, there must be at least 3 publications in the past 5 years.
- 3 publications must be listed in the SSCI, Social Science Research, A&Ci and the arts & human search.
- For the local Ph.D. holders:
- Must possess experience of a minimum 1 semester over the international teaching/research/fellowship under post-doc level.
- At least 2 publications in the “X” category and 1 publication in the “Y” category of the HEC recognized journal.
3. For Social Sciences (Local Languages)
- A PH.D. degree from a university that follows HEC MS/ph.D. criteria
- 2 publications are required in the last 5 years.
- Minimum of 3 Index/Z papers in more than 5 years.
You would be required to follow this level of requirements. If you fall short in even one of the eligibility criteria then you won’t be able to get approval by the HEC.
If you can complete the Eligibility criteria then there shouldn’t be any issue while applying for it.
Steps to Apply for HEC Approved Supervisor
Before starting the guide, you must know that before applying for the “HEC approved supervisor” you must first attest your degree from the HEC.
Now, we will discuss the procedure for applying for the HEC approved supervisor.
To start, you are required to go to the HEC (Higher Education Commission) website. As you can see this is a portal page where you have to give two things to log in that are “CNIC number” & “Password”.
if you don’t currently possess a User ID then you can easily create one by clicking on the “Register” at the end of the page.
After you have logged in, you will be shown a page as shown below. As you can see that there is a menu on the left side of the page.
To get the form, you have to first click on the “Scholarships & Grants” button after which a drop-down menu appears.
In the drop-down many you have t0 click on the “Approved Supervisor Application”.
Another drop-down menu appears on which you have to click on the “Application Form”. You will be shown the following screen.
In this step, all you have to d0 is to fill out the application form according to your credentials.
The candidates must fill the correct HEC attested Ph.D. degree ticket number/ HEC issued Ph.D. Equivalence Certificate number in case of a Foreign Ph.D. degree.
In case of any issue, the HEC will not process the application further without any intimation.
After filling the application you must download the application form by clicking on the “Download button”.
This step requires you that after you have submitted the application form, you have to send the Postal copy of the Application form along with the Ph.D. degree to the given address within 30 days.
Your communication with HEC will be through Email. Through this way you can apply for the HEC approved supervisor. This only valid for 3 years that is why it is necessary to keep applying for it before the expiry date arrives.
Hopefully, this was helpful in filling out the application form for the HEC approved supervisor.