By Aleena Hussain
Like every year, thousands of students dream of appearing in the CSS exam and start preparing for it.
Before you begin, we are here to give you thorough details of the CSS written test!
The CSS (Central Superior Services) exam is held by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC).
Although this exam is considered quite difficult and demanding, those who qualify it can get a post of the Grade-17 or above.
There are four stages of this competitive exam:
- Written Test
- Medical Exam
- Psychological Test
The written test is the first and many candidates deem it the toughest stage of the CSS exam!
CSS Written Test:
The CSS exam consists of 12 subjects and papers. Out of which 6 are the mandatory subjects while the lasting 6 are the elective papers.
There are a total of 1200 marks as each paper has 100 marks. The compulsory papers have a total of 600 marks while the elective subjects have 600 marks.
The time allocated for each paper is 3 hours.
The written test is divided into categories:
- Objective Division (this is attempted on a different sheet and the time assigned for this is 30 minutes)
- Subjective Type
CSS Written Test Passing Marks:
The passing criteria for the CSS written test are:
- 40% in the compulsory papers
- 33% in the optional papers
The overall passing marks are 50% in the CSS written test. Only those candidates will be eligible to appear in the medical exam, psychological assessment and viva test if they achieve 50% or more marks in the overall CSS written exam.
CSS Written Test Guidelines:
- The candidates have to choose the optional subjects before the closing date of the application submission.
- The application of the candidate will be cancelled if a candidate has selected the wrong optional subjects. The candidate will then have to reconsider his/her selection of the optional subjects by the FPSC.
- No extra time will be allocated to an applicant if he/she arrives late at the examination hall.
- No aspirant will be given more than 3 chances to attempt the CSS exam.
- If an applicant misses any optional or compulsory papers due to any medical other reason, he/she will not be allowed to attempt the reasoning exam.
- The applicants should thoroughly read all the instructions and rules before attempting the CSS written exam test.
[Excluded from the above article: https://www.ilmkidunya.com/css-pakistan/written-test ]