Applying for the improvement exams in federal board has become easy. After passing HSSC-II Examination (or SSC-II Examination), Candidate may appear for improvement of marks/grade in the course he/she studied within a period of one year as an ex-candidate in (a) any number of paper/subject(s) (b) all papers of part-I only ( c) all papers of part-ii only (d) all papers of part-I &II. The candidates appearing in any subject (both the papers) involving practical examination shall appear in the practical examination as well. However, candidate neither requires nor can appear in practical if he/she is appearing in a paper of a subject or any one part of the examination. There is only one chance for improvement of marks/grade.In easy wording, it means:
- If you have passed all the subjects of both parts of HSSC (or SSC), you can apply for the improvement exams.
- You can’t apply for the improvement if you are studying in 9th Class or 11th Class. You can take with the annual exams of 10th Class or 12th Class.
- You will be given only one chance for improvement either you take with the supplementary exams or the annual exams.
- You have to avail the improvement chance within a period of one year.
- You can appear as many subjects as you want. Yes, it is not limited to only two subjects.
- You have to appear in the practical exams as well if you are appearing for the subject that has a practical exam.
Do you know? Even you get the low marks in the improvement exam, the previous marks will be entertained. If you get the higher marks than the previous one, the higher marks will be considered.
The improvement exams are taken in October every year for HSSC and September for SSC. Yes, you are getting 60 days to prepare for the subjects you want to improve.
If your parents are angry at you because you didn’t perform well in 2 or more subjects, say them, give me only 2 months, I will get the marks and prove myself, Dad!
Related: AWS Practice Test Exam Dumps
And you will not use a smartphone and the internet much to waste the time rather you will spend 60 days in studies.
How to Apply for Improvement Exams
Students wishing to apply for Improvement Exams must do so in writing, on the official form available from the Student Registry, before 4pm on Friday of Week 3 of the relevant term. The form should be submitted to the Examination Schools.
Students will be notified of their results by e-mail. If they are successful, they will receive an amendment to their student record to this effect and a Certificate in Latin confirming their improvement.
It is not possible to enter for Improvement Exams in the Michaelmas Term following graduation.
The candidate must indicate the subjects in which he/she wishes to take improvement exams by completing the application form. The form is available at the office of the Examinations Division (Room B-207).
A completed application form along with a copy of the results slip and a letter from the Dean of the Department (where applicable) should be submitted to Examinations Division (Room B-207).
The completed application form, together with a copy of results slip and a letter from the Dean of the Department (where applicable) should be submitted to Examinations Division (Room B-207) before the deadline specified in the Academic Calendar.
Eligibility: Students who have failed no more than one subject and whose failure was not due to any disciplinary action.
Applying is easy, here I will explain the step by step guide.
Step 1 – Application Form:
First, download the admission form here. It’s important because, without it, the improvement will not be accepted as written in the instructions of improvement shown in Step 5. Its title will be:
Step 2 -Print it Out and Fill It:
Proposed Center and Code: Proposed center is the center where you want to take the exams. If you don’t know the code of the proposed center, you can check here.
Step 3 – Generating a Challan Form:
Step 4 – Depositing to Any HBL Branch:
Step 5 – Download the Improvement Form and Fill It
Step 6 – Send to the FBISE Office with Documents:
- Printed copy of your result card. For this, go here and write your Roll Number, and print it.
- Copy of Bank Challan Form as showed in Step 4
- The admission form that I filled in Step 2
- The improvement form that I filled in Step 5
CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATION (CONDUCT), FBISE SECTOR H-8/4, ISLAMABAD